Diablo® III

[BUG] Can't force VSync externally

If the vsync in the game was just fixed, it would solve everything. Hope you're still listening Blizzard :)
Reply Quote
How many pages before we get some kind of acknowledgement?
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 11:22 AMPosted by Popesickle
How many pages before we get some kind of acknowledgement?

Well, I don't know if I'm at liberty to say, hopefully doesn't get me in trouble but someone at Blizz asked me if I made the Youtube video (on page 6), and for my DX files and D3Debug, so there IS some sort of ackowledgement. I just believe Blizzard doesn't want to say anything before, you know, they have something to say,
Edited by Lanarchy#1681 on 4/10/2014 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 04:46 PMPosted by Popesickle
Using the latest beta drivers for nvidia and the problem still exists. I was hoping that adaptive v-sync would work, but nope :(

That's sad to hear, I was hoping the new "miracle" drivers could solve this issue as well, but apparently not.

It's been over 3 months now, I really don't know why it's taking so long to patch. I mean it was working fine before patch 2.01, so it should be a simple fix.
Edited by MrH#2528 on 4/10/2014 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think there has been much confusion even among apparent sufferers of the issue. I've looked in many threads where half the people were talking about hard drive loading stutter (which is now thankfully resolved) and the other half talking about all manner of performance issues and stutter.

Now that we know with good certainty that it's the janky ingame vsync at fault, I've got high hopes it will be fixed for good in the game.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to add my dxdiag as I have these issues since release day two years ago!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11955583/DxDiag.txt
Reply Quote
I have also been having this issue, I have made it somewhat less terrible by using 4 prerendered frames but it's still pretty crap.
Reply Quote
Many friends are having these problems, and it makes for some dangerous times in packed rifts on HC.

They all have the same issue, for some reason their Nvidia settings are not applying to Diablo 3. It's either screen tearing and no stutter, or smooth gameplay and stutter. Both bad.

As I've read this issue was already put forward in the Beta, but nothing has been fixed so far...
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Hey Guys! I also have this annoying problem with v-sync. I just can't play the game at all. I thought that it was my SSD so I updated the firmware and reinstall whole Windows! The problem still exists and I can't stand it. Before new patch I played even with in-game Vsync with no lag. Now I can't because from time to time the game slows down even if there is no big action on screen.

I really want to play smooth game. No dealing with these annoying bugs.

My System:
M4 Crucial 128GB
GTX 670
i7 3770k
8GB RAM
Edited by Chepa#2154 on 4/15/2014 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fix this please, just worked fine before ROS.
Reply Quote
still no response ?
Reply Quote
This exact issue is why I don't play HC.
Well, that and the rubber-banding.

I'm in the same boat as you all, can't handle the screen tearing, suffer through all the stutter and FPS drops (without the counter dropping from 60fps...

Can't charge into a huge mob of baddies when the game starts chopping, and that's half the fun...
This issue needs to be fixed.

i5 2500k
16GB Corsair Vengeance
256GB Sandisk Ultra Plus
Gigabyte GTX 580 3GB
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 02:24 AMPosted by Pandemon
still no response ?

I really thought we were getting somewhere when Alex replied to me on Twitter, but I guess not.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 08:21 AMPosted by MrH
04/17/2014 02:24 AMPosted by Pandemon
still no response ?

I really thought we were getting somewhere when Alex replied to me on Twitter, but I guess not.

I have faith in Blizzard. They always deliver. And will do here as well.
Reply Quote
I have 120 Hz display and have to choose between 60 FPS with ingame VSync or 200-300 without it :(

Blizz, fix your VSync pls...
Edited by dscTobi#2299 on 4/18/2014 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump. Still waiting for some help please.
Reply Quote
We are in 2014... Blizzard can't stay with an engine which can't handle v-sync properly. It's ruining my (our) experience. Plz fix this asap, it's a real issue, at least for none casual PC gamers.

/troll on
I'm sure it's because of the development of the console version engine!
/troll off
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 09:14 PMPosted by Lanarchy
04/17/2014 08:21 AMPosted by MrH

I have faith in Blizzard. They always deliver. And will do here as well.

In this thread; http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847768057#
I at least got a blue-post-response 2 days ago regarding this.
Though it doesn't say much and I got a link to this thread. At least we know now that it's been noticed (somewhat) and this thread is sticky-bug-reported. Better than nothing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]