Diablo® III

Auction House Crashes On OS X (Update 3/4)

Blizzard Employee
Update 3/4/2014
This issue should be resolved with patch 2.0.2 that is being deployed today. As other region patching times may vary, check your version of Diablo III on the Battle.net App window, next to the Play button.

If your version is below 2.0.2.7774, the patch may not have been deployed in your region. Check the Service Status forums for your region for upcoming maintenance times.

------
Greetings Mac Community!

We're aware of a crashing issue when opening the Auction House on OS X systems. Our teams are working to resolve this in a future update. In order to prevent Diablo III from crashing, it is recommended to avoid opening the Auction House (and any AH related UI) until the issue is resolved. We'll provide additional updates when more information is available.

We apologize about for any inconvenience this has caused, and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Edited by Machkhan on 3/4/2014 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
What about those of us who crash upon attempting to enter a game as well? I (and many others) haven't been able to get into a single game since downloading the patch. Is this the same issue?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hi MikeyK,

I believe that is a separate issue. Can you create a new thread with your system information and any crash report IDs you have? This way we can investigate it.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Funny how you put OS X in the thread title in the Mac Forum, it's not like we handle Window systems here ;)
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update!
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
02/26/2014 11:34 AMPosted by Machkhan
Hi MikeyK,

I believe that is a separate issue. Can you create a new thread with your system information and any crash report IDs you have? This way we can investigate it.

Thanks!

Very few people will have crash IDs Machkhan. The game literally hardlocks the entire computer. It's in between a crash and a kernel panic, and never quite gets to the KP stage. Unless you have Spaces active with a second desktop, there is no way to get out of the crash without restarting, and nothing is written to any of the logs.

Also the crash occurs in-game as well while you're playing (during combat etc). It's very frustrating and honestly makes the game unplayable for many people. And no, the three finger salute (CMD-OPT-ESC) doesn't work.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Edited by TheTias#1192 on 2/26/2014 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update!

It'll be nice to get back into the AH to get some gear I need, as well as maybe selling a little bit more before it closes!
Reply Quote
For TheTias and (maybe) MikeyK,

Just a quick note, you can get the crash report ID (at least for the AH bug) if you run the game in a window rather than full screen - that *might* work for the bug on entering the game too?!?!
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 11:34 AMPosted by Machkhan
Hi MikeyK,

Thanks!

enter AH crash
resume game crash

the second problem existed since ptr release.
I suspect that no one apart from the players see this forum.
So many people have the same problem and you turned a blind eye.
Very disappointed
Edited by tgs#3323 on 2/26/2014 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Thanks for the update, but I really do not care about the AH crashing the game. It's pointless now.

What I do care about is being able to reliably play the game. I own the game. I can't play the game. The odd time my game session doesn't freeze I have to play on SC instead of HC since there is no way I'm playing my HC chars while this is happening.

It's just unacceptable that this is even happening after an extensive PTR.

This needs to be fixed now. Not a week/month from now.
Reply Quote
...I windowed D3 and tried the AH, still crashed, but u can at least get out of it...what i noticed is that post-crash, D3 patches something very small, then says ready to play, dunno if this helps.

..also, it will crash going into private game, joining pub game, AND on exit...however, these crashes are not consistent like the AH problem

Thanks for working on it...i just hope it hasn't messed my computer up...ive noticed certain things are a little slower...the RAM taken up on a fresh boot is more, and resarting from this crash problem i had some bad flickering I've never seen =/

(one month old iMac...osx 10.9.2)
--same exact issues with 10.9.1 before i updated a bit ago
Edited by Smok3checkd#1623 on 2/26/2014 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
I hope it will be fixed by tomorrow. I have funds waiting to be put to good use.. in other words buying gold.
Reply Quote
One thing I did that allows me to play the game without crashing after installing the patch was I went to options and then to video.

I turned my settings down a little bit from max. Another thing I did was selected full screen (windowed.) When I first did the update the game would freeze my computer.

After changing video settings it no longer freezes during game play and only crashes when clicking auction house.

I can now play the game without freezing as long I don't click Auction House. I hope this fix this soon. The Auction House won't be up much longer...
Reply Quote
I find that there are no crashes if I do T2 or less. T3 and higher will always crash my game.
Reply Quote
i was not able to encountered the client freeze once my patch reached Optimal.

But my client crashes whenever i open AH.
Reply Quote
I crash if I press the AH button on my macbook pro. No other issues
Reply Quote
I've been playing the game fine with Maverick. No crashes. Been playing some multi-players with vivid graphics. But the AH gavel does completely freeze the game, rainbow circle keeps revoving. Only way out is to press the power button or pull the plug.
Reply Quote
when this game gonna be stable????

since release diablo 3, always bug bug bug... damn
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]