Diablo® III

Nephalem Valor and Key Wardens

In Diablo3, you needed a NV=5 to be able to have a chance to get a key from a Key Warden. Now NV is very limited, i.e. must pick up power globe, and only last for a very short time. Does anyone know what the requirements are now to be able have a chance to get a key?
Reply Quote
torment 1 or higher you will get a key
Reply Quote
My forehead is bleeding and there is now a dent in my desk. Thanks. :|
Reply Quote
No requirements...
Just be level 60 and in Torment mode or higher.

I believe Torment 6 is a guaranteed drop?
I could be wrong though, I 'have any characters strong enough to hit Torment 6.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Hregiment
In Diablo3, you needed a NV=5 to be able to have a chance to get a key from a Key Warden. Now NV is very limited, i.e. must pick up power globe, and only last for a very short time. Does anyone know what the requirements are now to be able have a chance to get a key?

Your confusing the old NV system with the new Nephalem Glory bonus. You do not need Nephalem Glory to get keys.....here is all the info you need:

1) You don't need to do anything special just kill the KWs
2) Keys only drop on Torment 1 and higher
3) Key drop rates from the Beta / PTR were as follows (presumably the same now on live)

Torment I: 25%
Torment II: 28%
Torment III: 33%
Torment IV: 38%
Torment V: 43%
Torment VI: 50%

4) Legacy keys can only be used to make the lvl 60 version of the hellfire ring....different keys drop at level 70 and they can't be crossed
Reply Quote
NV is not in the game

torment 1 25% drop
torment 6 50% drop

i wouldn't care about the key wardens in ROS you can switch acts in adventure mode much faster than act by act closing and opening a game every 5 mins
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/26/2014 01:03 PMPosted by jackpot548
Your confusing the old NV system with the new Nephalem Glory bonus. You do not need Nephalem Glory to get keys.....here is all the info you need:

3) Key drop rates from the Beta / PTR were as follows (presumably the same now on live)

4) Legacy keys can only be used to make the lvl 60 version of the hellfire ring....different keys drop at level 70 and they can't be crossed

Just wanted to pop my head in here to verify this information is correct. These are the current requirements and drop rates for Keys (and Hellfire Ring crafting components from the boss fights).
Reply Quote
Please reply to the AH bug where people are losing tons of gold on items they can't collect.
Reply Quote
I have another Q about key drops: I'm playing a tweaked new barb. At lvl 46 he can do act1 in Torment 1 (though just barely). Any chance a KW will drop a key for him? Or does he have to be lvl 60?
Reply Quote
So lets say I have 9 Keys of Dest and 9 keys of terror. Can I combine them with the "New" keys of Hate to make the 60 machine?

What about the parts?

What is the drop rates for the parts?

Thanks
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 04:33 PMPosted by Zemini
So lets say I have 9 Keys of Dest and 9 keys of terror. Can I combine them with the "New" keys of Hate to make the 60 machine?

What about the parts?

What is the drop rates for the parts?

Thanks

No. The systems are not compatible.
Reply Quote
What drops in T1-6 if you're a level 60, the old key or the new key. Dothe new keys only drop in ROS expansion. If the latter, will it drop for levels 60 thru 70 or only when you get to 70 ?
Reply Quote
it took me 19 tries on Torment 3 just to get the act 3 keywarden to drop its key. I think the drop rates need to be adjusted some.
Edited by PhazeDelta1#1119 on 2/26/2014 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
So, we're stuck with legacy lvl 60 Keys to make a legacy HFR..which of course isn't gunna be much useful because 1.0.8 stats didn't roll into 2.0.1. If you haven't made the legacy lvl 60 HFR from 1.0.8, will they roll lvl 60 2.0.1 stats??
Reply Quote
If I have a "legacy" infernal machine, can it be used to enter the "new" boss area? Should I delete my "legacy" keys that don't have matching sets?
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 03:59 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Just wanted to pop my head in here to verify this information is correct. These are the current requirements and drop rates for Keys (and Hellfire Ring crafting components from the boss fights).

are these also the droprates for the organs?
Reply Quote
So all the keys I famed for are useless now because I cant get the third key any more?
Now the question is how do I get my wife to let me play more once ROS hits so i can farm the other keys at a much lower drop rate because i just don't have the time to try and do Torment 5 or 6
Reply Quote

I just want to say that if I understand this correctly, it's retarded!!

So, if I have 20 of key #1, and 20 of key #2 and zero of key #3, I should just throw my 40 keys on the ground and walk away because they are useless now?
Edited by DoubleD#1397 on 2/26/2014 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Drops seem worse than the percentages given. Done about 20 runs Torment 2. Only 2 keys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]