Diablo® III

How to get forgotten souls?

Seems like even the new lvl60 legendaries are still giving out brimestones.

Had a new craptastic blackthornes drop and wanted to see if it gave a forgotten soul.

Can't craft amulets....
Reply Quote
Same problem here
Reply Quote
me2..

Want to know it 2
Reply Quote
they are lv 61+ items.. or was it 70?
Reply Quote
Brimestones are to 60 legs as souls are to 70 legs. In other words, you need to salvage 70 legs to get 70 mats folks... No RoS, no cupcake.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Forgotten souls will only be obtained by salvaging legendary/set items that require LV 61 or higher. LV 60 and below will yield Brimstones instead.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Does anyone know what fiery brimstones will be used for? I have a lot saved up and thought they would convert over like the rest of the crafting material.
Reply Quote
Brimstones are worthless. You get more gold selling lvl 60 legendaries to the vendor.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Forgotten Souls are used to reroll legendary affixes on LV 1 - 60 legendaries.
Reply Quote
So no one has a problem that they are crafting gear with a forgotten soul? Your going to trek through dungeons with a soul pasted onto your necklace with no qualms huh? Deckard would roll over in his grave....unless he is already in your necklace.
Reply Quote
Why not bring back the basics....why don't Blizzard enable the game to "drop" or "purchase" a "Forgotten Soul" plan, that way..all these mats ppl have, can actually put them to use by creation. Trying to get a LV 61+ Led isn't impossible but takes half the grinding out and enable players to craft rares/led's with mats to make FS's while cutting the probability of obtaining a FS through salvaging is 50/50. But don't make it almost impossible to obtain KW mats to create Forgotten Souls...why not have an ingredient that drops from Key Wardens tailored to the mats for creating Forgotten Soul's.

So, questions...is a lvl 61+ Led items always going to drop a FS mat?

What's the probability of a lvl 61+ item dropping in T1...ect? and with each Torment, what the probability a FS will drop with every Led earned?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/25/2014 07:17 PMPosted by Dragus

Had a new craptastic blackthornes drop and wanted to see if it gave a forgotten soul.

Can't craft amulets....

Currently there is a bug where crafting a level 60 amulet requires a Forgotten Soul instead of a Brimstone. We plan on taking care of this in a future patch, though, so everyone should have a chance to craft those level 60 amulets.
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 11:37 AMPosted by Grimiku

Can't craft amulets....

Currently there is a bug where crafting a level 60 amulet requires a Forgotten Soul instead of a Brimstone. We plan on taking care of this in a future patch, though, so everyone should have a chance to craft those level 60 amulets.

brimstone price gonna go up!
Reply Quote

Can't craft amulets....

good to hear, i know some people who don't plan on buying expansion so there will be no way for them to craft amulets anymore if this wasn't a bug
Reply Quote

Can't craft amulets....

Thanks for the info. Any plans to fix game play issues? Seems like the only thing getting attention are nerfs to cursed chest events.
Reply Quote
Um i understand where getting close to ROS release and all, but how long has this been in the beta/ptr. cause as far as i understand this so called bug has been in ROS patch since it started.

Why is it almost everything in ROS seems like it is half done. In the sense that it just got thrown into the game to get progress up and fix problems later. Sorry but why should i even bother paying for product that has blanetly obvious bad design,and work that looks like they overreact to needed changes cause they have no clue what they are doing.

Like the fact that to transmog lvl 60 gear you need a forgotten soul but to get then you have to salvage lvl 70 leg....oh i duno why i even bother....
Edited by Holy#1110 on 2/28/2014 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

Can't craft amulets....

how about make level 60 echanting require brimestones too, so in order for me to reroll a lvl 60 item I need to get a 70 item and sack it first. this doesn't make any sense, so that way we can enchant our gear when we hit ros. instead have to wait around to grind lots lvl 70 items.
Reply Quote
If they now this know...why should it wait til RoS???....i mean, lvl 60 is lvl 60 and ppl are requesting this change before RoS release in 3 weeks!....if they know it's a "known" bug..then what's the point of making it a RoS standard when its a 2.0.1 issue?...
Reply Quote
+1 bump for IMCL85 comment btw
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 11:44 AMPosted by pocahontas

good to hear, i know some people who don't plan on buying expansion so there will be no way for them to craft amulets anymore if this wasn't a bug

Why would tyou continue playing without RoS? Color me confused.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]