Diablo® III

So easy to level

Did we really need another super easy way to powerlevel people to 60? They need to nerf the powerleveling in the new patch, its extremely easy to get people to 60. And since bosses first time drop rates are arguably way too high atm, this is going to create another loophole for 3rd party trading.

Solution: Fix powerleveling by not allowing super low level characters to play high difficulties where they gain exp by the fistfull with a strong character killing for them.

Solution: Lower droprates for 1st time boss kills.

I know everyone on the forums never wants to see anything nerfed.. But it's gonna be super lame if powerleveling and first time bosses are what everyone starts doing.

Otherwise, love the patch. No gold labels though is a bit strange.
Reply Quote
I was doing Torment 3 with my baby DH using a hellfire ring with 192 dex and 4% crit, and a gem in my weapon. My brother's wizard was there, created at the same time as my DH, no Hellfire, no weapon gem, so he was significantly weaker than I was. I could carry him on Torment 3 up until about level 40, at the same level as he was. Despite the Hellfire, I never got more than 3 exp bars ahead of him. The exp gain for both of us was insane.

No high level character in the game is required to gain silly amounts of exp on high difficulties, though it helps to have a high level character already on the account (since a newbie won't have hellfire + high end gems - of course, those without a level 60 can't unlock Torment, anyway).
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 2/26/2014 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why does others level and how fast they got it matter to you?

In D2 we did cow runs on Hell after being powered through the Acts at level 1. It was fun as hell.

DING, DING, DING goes the levels...
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 11:40 AMPosted by Mud
Solution: Fix powerleveling by not allowing super low level characters to play high difficulties where they gain exp by the fistfull with a strong character killing for them.

Huh?

Easy power leveling is the PERFECT solution to 3rd party sites. Nobody is going to pay for it.

Why does it even matter? Why should it be hard?

Low level legendaries don't break anything. Why is it a problem?
Reply Quote
No. Powerleveling needs to exist, you could get up to the point where you could wear any gear in D2 within minutes, and no one complained. Leveling is simply not fun after you've done it a few times. For the people that think it is, simply don't get powerleveled.

Nerfing powerleveling is not the solution to this farm method.
Edited by Tyrindor#1762 on 2/26/2014 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
I did torment 6 with a level 55. Didnt even go under 90% health and killed everything pretty fast.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
They need to nerf the powerleveling in the new patch, its extremely easy to get people to 60.

We agree that powerleveling is a little *too* easy right now. However, I want to clarify that we don't want to completely destroy powerleveling. We like it (to an extent), but what's occurring right now is a tad overboard. We're looking into ways to address this, and seeing if these changes can be applied via hotfix.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
I'm playing torment 1 on my alt WITHOUT high level help. Just the power of max level gems in low level gear making gear good enough to handle torment level mobs (such as red gem in weapon making dps go from like 800 to 3000).

I think this is fine cause I get a lot of exp but i also die a lot, because it's not easy to run around torment by yourself with crap gear, even the gems have their limits :)

What needs to be, is maybe an exp penalty if a MUCH higher level char than you is killing the mobs for you. Something along those lines.
Reply Quote
Did we really need another super easy way to powerlevel people to 60? They need to nerf the powerleveling in the new patch, its extremely easy to get people to 60. And since bosses first time drop rates are arguably way too high atm, this is going to create another loophole for 3rd party trading.

I know everyone on the forums never wants to see anything nerfed.. But it's gonna be super lame if powerleveling and first time bosses are what everyone starts doing.

Otherwise, love the patch. No gold labels though is a bit strange.

It amazes me to no end that people care about how others level and cry out for nerfs....
Reply Quote
I fail to see why fast leveling to 60 is a problem. Anyone actually wants to take time there? Then play T6 with blue gear.

What's the issue, exactly?
Reply Quote
same here, let people have fun and enjoy the game
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 03:54 PMPosted by Nevalistis
They need to nerf the powerleveling in the new patch, its extremely easy to get people to 60.

We agree that powerleveling is a little *too* easy right now. However, I want to clarify that we don't want to completely destroy powerleveling. We like it (to an extent), but what's occurring right now is a tad overboard. We're looking into ways to address this, and seeing if these changes can be applied via hotfix.

With all due respect...
All you're going to do is add an Extended Time Factor to it.
What's the difference if I take a friend from 1-60 in 20 minutes, 40 minutes or 60?

It can be done fast and should be allowed TO be done fast.
Otherwise you'll just insert another control mechanism to drag things out.

You have a "Reset Quest" option - that's Slog fest enough for people to plod through the Acts quest by quest should they choose to do so.(*Note: Generally WHEN they "Choose" to do this they're doing it as a Level 60-70!)
Otherwise people generally don't opt to go through the whole game step by step - rarely that is.

If a friend sees that my Wiz is kicking tail and decided he'd like to try one out - or in the case of earlier today:
A friend couldn't part with his D3V gear and had a couple of character slots open - I offered to get him to 60 quickly so that he could have a strictly 2.01 kit.
This did not take away from any aspect of his gameplay experience - in fact it enhanced it for him and he is amazed by what his character is capable of now.
Should he then "choose" to do every single quest over time - that's on him.
But he's happily playing a newly leveled Wiz and grateful for this patch - and also happy that in order to be where he is he did not HAVE to go a,b,c & x,y,z through the whole game to get there.

Recall Diablo 2 - avg non map hack rush time was 40min to 1 hour. Map Hack time was about 20-30 min(or less with multiple ppl).
Now I never used it personally but I was rushed by those who did.
Diablo 2 - without the ability to get to "End Game" as quickly as possible - would have been an exceedingly tiresome experience considering that to try a build one would have to make a new character.

The ONLY "problem" I see with the "Power Leveling" is that there's currently a 100% Drop for First Time kills on the 4 act bosses at lvl 59.
Again this is not a major issue - should someone get a low end roll on a piece - it's hardly useable at 60. Should they get a weapon - it's salvaged.
Chances are slim they'll actually get something GREAT for their 60.

So back to square one:
What. Is. The. Problem?
Edited by MageCraft#1617 on 2/26/2014 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm with the others who fail to see what possible relevance somebody else's leveling speed has on your own game experience. If you're saying that you've tried going naked from L1 to L60 and found it too fast, that may be a different problem . . .
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 11:56 AMPosted by Tyrindor
No. Powerleveling needs to exist, you could get up to the point where you could wear any gear in D2 within minutes, and no one complained

Too much wow?

Say what you want but the people who complained were in huge numbers. Its no fun to be max / high level in a few minutes. If people don't want to play the game, then they shouldn't - but to make leveling redundant for others is definitely not the way.

What many of you "I don't want to level" guys forget is, that your behavior automatically influences the game of others. This isn't a Singleplayer experience here, if you can level fast everyone can - same like at wow.

When they screwed the leveling curve for your kind, they also screwed it for everyone else.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to chime in here with my 2 cents:

Having played in the ROS beta, the PTR and the vanilla game, there is nothing wrong with being able to level extremely fast. Diablo is all about loot (as has been stated many times by the developers). The grind from 1 to 60 is not what the game is about. Hell (pardon my pun), even the story isn't as large a part of the game as the hunt for phat loot is. Leave the experience/leveling curve the way it is now. I cannot think of a single negative, but I can think of many positives:

Pros:

* Eliminates 3rd party power-leveling services, an issue that has plagued many online games.
* Provides incentive to try out different classes versus leveling up one character and sticking with it because you don't want to "grind" all over again.
* Promotes less solo games and more multiplayer games.

Cons:

* ????

For those complaining that it's too fast to level, this is only the case if you twink out your character to the point where it's able to play well above its intended target difficulty. You can't put top end gems into your items and use level reduced end game items and then turn around and complain because you're leveling up way too quickly in Torment 5. For new players this will not be an issue, they will go through the game on normal and acquire loot while leveling properly.

IMO this is a non-issue and I really hope we see another blue response stating this is not high on their priority list.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Espinosa
Say what you want but the people who complained were in huge numbers. Its no fun to be max / high level in a few minutes. If people don't want to play the game, then they shouldn't - but to make leveling redundant for others is definitely not the way.

You Sir, think it is no fun - Don't do it.
Walk, don't run as you see fit.

I do not find it "FUN" to walk a low lvl from scratch through the whole game.
I do not find it "FUN" to think I'm godly because of a slew of lvl reduc gear and a marq ruby makes me kill things fast.
I can, at any time I choose, "Reset Quests" and have a pleasant walk through of the entirety of the game.

Otherwise I am not going to waste my time nor my "luck" on slo-mo and drops that I cringe to see at lower levels - things I would have loved to find at max.

What many of you "I don't want to level" guys forget is, that your behavior automatically influences the game of others. This isn't a Singleplayer experience here, if you can level fast everyone can - same like at wow.

Uh.. How so?
If it is done in a private game with friends how are we "influencing" anyone to "automatically" make them express what you see is - bad or not-in-line behavior?
FYI: This IS a single-player game for the most part.
Let's not even go there ok?

When they screwed the leveling curve for your kind, they also screwed it for everyone else.

"US and THEY" arguments a tiresome and pedantic.
"Your kind" ..haha.
Reply Quote

You are completely 100% wrong.

If I want to get through 1-59 quickly, then I can go ahead and do it. If you wish to take your time, then you can go ahead and do that as well. Don't allocate paragon points. Don't use hellfire and gems. Use blues on T6. Or whites if you want to. Take your time.

So, where is the problem, again?
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Wiley
Why does others level and how fast they got it matter to you?

In D2 we did cow runs on Hell after being powered through the Acts at level 1. It was fun as hell.

DING, DING, DING goes the levels...

While I tend to be on the other side of the fence on arguments like this, here I must agree.

Leveling is quick and easy in D3 anyways. This is really not an issue.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 04:28 PMPosted by AOHNH
I fail to see why fast leveling to 60 is a problem. Anyone actually wants to take time there? Then play T6 with blue gear.

What's the issue, exactly?

It's fun, easy and convenient, don't you already drink the Blizzard Kool-Aid? Shouldn't you be for every decision they make?
Reply Quote
People will cry about anything....this is just silly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]