Diablo® III

guaranteed legendary?

Blizzard Employee
As of patch 2.0.1 the first time you kill a major boss (Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, and Diablo) you're guaranteed to find a Legendary item, but only for characters below level 60. Characters who killed these bosses prior to patch 2.0.1 will still get their guaranteed Legendary the first time they kill one after the patch, but only if they are level 59 or below.

Also, some of you may notice an option in the Game Settings tab called Reset Quests (just under the Change option for selecting your Campaign quest). I should point out that you do not need to use the Reset Quest option in order to be eligible for the guaranteed Legendary for a first time boss kill.
Edited by Grimiku on 2/28/2014 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Grimiku
As of patch 2.0.1 the first time you kill a major boss (Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, and Diablo) you're guaranteed to find a Legendary item, but only for characters below level 60. Characters who killed these bosses prior to patch 2.0.1 will still get their guaranteed Legendary the first time they kill one after the patch, but only if they are level 59 or below. Also, there's no need to reset your quest in order to get these Legendary items!

I am lvl60 and everytime i reset ,Skeleon King gives a legend, that's a bug right?
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 10:18 AMPosted by DonDadda
How about u fix all the crash issues with trying to play your broken game on a Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol macs
Reply Quote
no guaranteed at level 60 only below that seems a little unfair
Reply Quote
killing SK at 60 first time seems guarantee leg drop is this intended? or will you guys also nerf this =p
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 10:54 AMPosted by treemayne
killing SK at 60 first time seems guarantee leg drop is this intended? or will you guys also nerf this =p

Not intended, and it is on their radar.

And I think it will probably get fixed. In fact, I don't see how it won't get fixed before RoS hits.
Reply Quote
So I guess I should take my lvl 58 monk from pre patch and try to kill each act boss without hitting lvl 60? Challenge accepted.
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 10:21 AMPosted by BorfStyle
How about u fix all the crash issues with trying to play your broken game on a Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol macs

^ this lol.
Reply Quote
If you guys keep yapping about Skeleton King it will get nerfed!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/28/2014 10:20 AMPosted by SKillfuller
I am lvl60 and everytime i reset ,Skeleon King gives a legend, that's a bug right?

This is indeed a bug.
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 11:13 AMPosted by Sajius

lol macs

^ this lol.

Does this game not support Mac? Yes IT Does!! There r even mac sections on the forum!!! Don't advertise that your game will run on Mac's then release a broken game. i wouldn't have even bought the game if they didn't promote that you could play it on my Mac... The issue is not if mac's r ideal for gaming the issue is that they release a game that crashes everytime u try to do anything (try to open ah crashes, try to join pubilc game crashes, try to reset quests crashes) So what did I pay for a completly broken game, thats bull@#$%!!!
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 11:15 AMPosted by Gerbie
If you guys keep yapping about Skeleton King it will get nerfed!

I'm willing to bet it will get fixed before RoS. Right now running the entire campaign for a level 60 legendary seems like a waste of time.
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 10:46 AMPosted by Pyroblade
no guaranteed at level 60 only below that seems a little unfair

the game is casual focused.
Reply Quote
i am casual player
Reply Quote
Doing the quest fresh after restart gives your increased drop rate back, no guarantee. So either blow through the quest-lines at an hour an act with a group, or farm a good spot.
Reply Quote
The Skeleton King isn't even an Act Boss.

He's the Beta/Demo boss lol.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't see the point of the reset quest button at 60 without something similar to a guaranteed legendary off SK. Even with the guaranteed legendary off SK it doesn't seem worth it. Should probably leave it in or get rid of reset quest.
Reply Quote
Right, resetting quests should give you a guaranteed legendary, no matter which act or boss.
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Daph
I don't see the point of the reset quest button at 60 without something similar to a guaranteed legendary off SK. Even with the guaranteed legendary off SK it doesn't seem worth it. Should probably leave it in or get rid of reset quest.

Gotta agree with this. When I heard sk had a guaranteed legendary drop on first kill I thought it was a nice incentive to do story mode. I see they increased quest xp so it seems you wanted quest mode to be somewhat viable compared to adventure mode.

Why not have diablo drop a guaranteed legendary first kill on a reset? Even if you ran through the story on the easiest difficulty setting it would take you, what 90 minutes? to get to diablo. Who would it hurt to have a guaranteed legendary boa drop every 2 hours? That would be WAAAAAY less efficient than any normal farming method. And instead would just be a nice incentive if you wanted to do story mode for a change or needed to rush a friend through the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]