Diablo® III

Quick question about Hellfire Ring

Can someone shortly explain what is the current situation with Hellfire Ring? Afaik there will be a new lvl70 way to make Hellfire Rings and once RoS hits the lvl60 version will be disabled.
So this gives us about 3 weeks to get rid of any keys we still have laying around I guess or farm for new keys.

- Keys still drop from Keywardens as long as you are playing Torment difficulty, higher Torment, higher Chance?
- Portals can only be opened in Torment?
- Chance of getting the organs is higher in higher Torment level?

I have about 20 of each key still in my chest and I would like to get out a few more HF rings, so please enlighten me on the odds :D
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/05/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Shiimiish
Can someone shortly explain what is the current situation with Hellfire Ring?

With Patch 2.0.1, the only thing that changed about the current Hellfire Ring/Infernal Machine event is the drop rates. Both Keys and Organs now only drop in Torment I or above at the following rates:

Torment I: 25%
Torment II: 28%
Torment III: 33%
Torment IV: 38%
Torment V: 43%
Torment VI: 50%

Afaik there will be a new lvl70 way to make Hellfire Rings

True!

and once RoS hits the lvl60 version will be disabled.

False! Well, sort of. Once you level past 60, the Wardens will no longer drop the keys for the level 60 event. Once you reach level 70, they will begin dropping keys appropriate for the level 70 event. This allows players who choose not to upgrade to Reaper of Souls to be able to continue doing the level 60 event while those who do upgrade can progress through the new Infernal Machine event at 70. :)

The level 60 rings aren't being removed from the game, and you'll be able to craft any remaining keys you have into the appropriate Infernal Machine event and run the 60 event as before. Just bear in mind that level 60 Infernal Machines will spawn the level 60 bosses and cannot be used for the level 70 event.
Reply Quote
wow a blue reply, I feel humbled. Thanks a lot!

03/05/2014 05:43 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The level 60 rings aren't being removed from the game, and you'll be able to craft any remaining keys you have into the appropriate Infernal Machine event and run the 60 event as before. Just bear in mind that level 60 Infernal Machines will spawn the level 60 bosses and cannot be used for the level 70 event.

This is most interesting, thank you for this clarification!
Reply Quote

With Patch 2.0.1, the only thing that changed about the current Hellfire Ring/Infernal Machine event is the drop rates. Both Keys and Organs now only drop in Torment I or above at the following rates:

True!

False! Well, sort of. Once you level past 60, the Wardens will no longer drop the keys for the level 60 event. Once you reach level 70, they will begin dropping keys appropriate for the level 70 event. This allows players who choose not to upgrade to Reaper of Souls to be able to continue doing the level 60 event while those who do upgrade can progress through the new Infernal Machine event at 70. :)

So reading through this reply - between level 61-69 you will not be able to do the old event or acquire new items or complete the new event. Just to save people's efforts between those levels - as Keywardens will not be dropping any items if that is the case.
Reply Quote
The Key Wardens were and still are a sloppy addition to the game. They make no sense at all. The " ubers " are also sloppy and still show how fast and lazy Blizzard threw together an " event ". It needs to be changed and have at least some effort put into it.

Keys should either drop off of act bosses ( preferred ) or be a rare drop from champion packs. Champion packs having them make about as much sense as a " Warden " whom no one has ever heard of.. At least then it wouldnt stop the flow of the game.
Reply Quote
Are they even worth going after? A lot of the new rings seem just as good to me :S
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 06:36 PMPosted by JEM
Keys should either drop off of act bosses ( preferred ) or be a rare drop from champion packs. Champion packs having them make about as much sense as a " Warden " whom no one has ever heard of.. At least then it wouldnt stop the flow of the game.

I don't think I would like such a change. Having the Keywardens does give an additional incentive to run through the areas where they can be found. I do like that there is one in each Act, kind of "forcing" me to mix up the game. I do not think it is "lazy", it is just one additional thing to do in the game, and in the way it is designed it provides some variety.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/05/2014 05:52 PMPosted by Mianiel
So reading through this reply - between level 61-69 you will not be able to do the old event or acquire new items or complete the new event. Just to save people's efforts between those levels - as Keywardens will not be dropping any items if that is the case.

If understood correctly, blue states that after lvl60, keys won't drop from the wardens. You can still do the uber events and craft rings only with your existing supply of infernal machines and ingredients etc. that you acquired any time previously.
Reply Quote
its really odd the way you do things.

frankly at 60-69, old keys should still drop, as are old organs.
at 70, old keys and NEW keys, and old organs and new organs should drop.

(a) are old hellfire rings and new hellfire rings mutually exclusive from being equipped? if so , then nevermind. but still a lvl 60-69 should be able to find old keys/old organs. (unless of course lvl 60-69 goes by so fast in less than 3 acts.)
Reply Quote

True!

So we now get the rings nerfed, just like everything else.
MP10- 100% to Torment 6 at 50%

What I really don't understand is why you can't continue to collect the keys for level 60 rings once you go above level 60. I would assume new monsters will be dropping the level 70 components and if the level 70 rings are so much better then most will focus on them over the level 60.

For anyone with a large amount of keys or incomplete organ sets they will never be able to finish them because more than likely after a few runs you will be level 61.

Just starting to wonder if the people that make decisions for this game even play it or the knee jerk reactions to everything makes it look like we are children and your a parent telling us how to do everything.
Reply Quote

Hi Nevalistis,
My friends and I think that this drop rate is not quite fair. (at least for now)
the increase in the difficulty does not scale well with the reward chance given.

I already post this on another thread, just in case you miss them.
Since we don't need to stack NV anymore, we understand that the drop chance should be lower, and with no guarantee drop, it also will make us play longer

but T4-T6 with 38%-50% is really bad.
the differ in difficulty below T4 and above is quite huge.
i wish we are given more higher chance beyond those level.

I prefer something like this:

T1 : 25%
T2 : 30%
T3 : 40%
T4 : 53%
T5 : 68%
T6 : 85%

or perhaps:

T1 : 25%
T2 : 28%
T3 : 35%
T4 : 45%
T5 : 60%
T6 : 80%

or whatever number you think is more fair, but just set it higher than the current chance.
Please bring it up in your next meeting.
Thanks.
Edited by Zervo#6543 on 3/5/2014 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
or maybe 85 90 95 97 100 % just keep nerfing I will be shure to buy it
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info. I was a little disappointed that I have all these keys going to waste, but if there will be a new way to do it at 70 that isn't so random then that should help.
Reply Quote
My friends and I farmed a lot of keys for UBERS boss runs in the past week and it definitely seems like the drop rate is about 10% in torment 1.

In my last 22 keywarden kills I got 1 key. One in 12 kills on the act 2 keywarden and then 0 in 10 kills on the act 3 keywarden. My friend is seeing similar drop rates, though he got lucky and made 3 keys in 27 kills.

Could someone please review these drop rates? I'm trying to get hellfire rings crafted for guildies before the expac hits, but at this rate it is driving us all insane.
Reply Quote

I heard that there's going to be an option to turn RoS on and off if you have upgraded. If that's true would you be able to collect the lvl 60 keys if you turn RoS off??
Reply Quote
the drop rates are horrid.

Like it isn't even worth the effort. The people who need it most are the people with poorest gear (or leveling alts)

25% is a joke. 25% for keys AND THEN 25% for organs. lol

can I get a number crunch on what it's like to farm it all out at Torment I ?? Cause that's where my friends are at (barely)
Reply Quote
When you roll the rings (old and new) is the smart loot system used for the stats/affixes?
Reply Quote
I gave up on trying to get a Hellfire Ring.

Not like my char could do it solo or contribute much to a T6 run.
Reply Quote
So at torment 1 with a drop rate at 25% assuming you would get the key on the last try you would have to kill the Key Wardens 4 times each to make 1 infernal machine. That is a total of 12 Key Warden kills for one event. So for 3 events you would have to kill 36 KW. The organs would drop only 25% of the time so you would have to run each event 4 times assuming you get the organ on the last try. That means you would need 12 infernal machines, which equals 36 keys, and that equals 144 Key Wardens that need to die. In total that's 144 dead Key Wardens and 24 slain Ubers for one ring. Please correct me if my math is wrong.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 11:13 AMPosted by Moorehouse
So at torment 1 with a drop rate at 25% assuming you would get the key on the last try you would have to kill the Key Wardens 4 times each to make 1 infernal machine. That is a total of 12 Key Warden kills for one event. So for 3 events you would have to kill 36 KW. The organs would drop only 25% of the time so you would have to run each event 4 times assuming you get the organ on the last try. That means you would need 12 infernal machines, which equals 36 keys, and that equals 144 Key Wardens that need to die. In total that's 144 dead Key Wardens and 24 slain Ubers for one ring. Please correct me if my math is wrong.

that's what I was thinking.

How a blue doesnt see something wrong here, I don't know.

bad
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]