Diablo® III

RoS - PC or PS4?

I currently have D3 on PC with no pre-ordered RoS or D3 on PS3.

I was thinking about getting RoS for PC, or D3 on PS3 and potentially RoS on PS4.
What do you think would be a better pick?

- My current PC isn't a gaming laptop, and I can barely run D3 on minimum graphics settings, and that does affect my gameplay experience negatively.
- From numerous reviews I've read, it seems that core mechanics of D3 is better suited for console gaming than PC.
- I don't think I can afford $1k-$2k to get a decent quality gaming laptop, at least not anytime soon.
- I really enjoy mobility, and I like how I can use my laptop on the go, or even take it around to different rooms in my apartment, unlike console or desktop. I know gaming desktop is much more affordable than gaming laptop, but I'm not willing to sacrifice convenience of laptop, if I do decide to get RoS on PC.

Given those situations, what do you think is the best choice for me?
Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
without a question, PC. The core fan base and community is here.
Reply Quote
I guess I would ask why buy either one? Just play the current version. What does the new version give you? a single act of content and 1 class?

Might as well keep your limit at 60 and save the money and grind that gear. not like you have end game content at 70.
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 03:22 PMPosted by Ariktu
I guess I would ask why buy either one? Just play the current version. What does the new version give you? a single act of content and 1 class?

Might as well keep your limit at 60 and save the money and grind that gear. not like you have end game content at 70.

An act, a class, more items, adventure mode, rifts, bounties, mystic, etc.

What's forty bucks? If you're that stingy with your money, just hold out until it's $19.95.
Edited by Yura#2182 on 3/3/2014 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 03:29 PMPosted by Yura
An act, a class, more items, adventure mode, rifts, bounties, mystic, etc.

What's forty bucks? If you're that stingy with your money, just hold out until it's $19.95.

No kidding. I keep hearing people complain about a lack of content in the new xpac. It's an xpac, not another entire game. A new act, class, and all the other stuff you mentioned is pretty good as far as I'm concerned.
Reply Quote
I say get console if you want to play and have fun but don't have the funds to fully update your desktop or get a gaming laptop.at least the console is SORT OF mobile. :P
Reply Quote
i'll be playing both.

loved D3 on the ps3 with a bunch of friends on the couch in co-op mode, so expect reaper of souls on the ps4 to be even better.
In your situation if your PC cannot hack it then grab it on the console for sure.
Reply Quote
If you are getting it on console wait for that Ultimate Evil bundle for PS4, it has Classic D3 and RoS as far as I know.

-It is a matter of opinion regarding which platform is best although be aware Diablo was on PC before it was on console and it skipped consoles for D2.

-D3 doesn't require a gaming laptop to play, the minimum requirements are not remotely in the are where you need a gaming laptop/PC.

-Honestly, if your laptop is struggling to meet D3's minimum requirements, you are overdo for an upgrade. You don't even need to approach the $1,000 field to upgrade to a laptop that can conveniently run D3, just make sure you know what you are getting with the laptop, you can probably get one in the range of $600-$800 that will be a big upgrade for you and won't have a problem running D3.
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Pain
If you are getting it on console wait for that Ultimate Evil bundle for PS4, it has Classic D3 and RoS as far as I know.

-It is a matter of opinion regarding which platform is best although be aware Diablo was on PC before it was on console and it skipped consoles for D2.

-D3 doesn't require a gaming laptop to play, the minimum requirements are not remotely in the are where you need a gaming laptop/PC.

-Honestly, if your laptop is struggling to meet D3's minimum requirements, you are overdo for an upgrade. You don't even need to approach the $1,000 field to upgrade to a laptop that can conveniently run D3, just make sure you know what you are getting with the laptop, you can probably get one in the range of $600-$800 that will be a big upgrade for you and won't have a problem running D3.

Thanks for the input, maybe I'll take a look at some affordable laptops around that price range, although PS4 is available for $500 and will continue to go down over time.
Reply Quote
03/04/2014 07:22 AMPosted by Atonement
03/03/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Pain

Thanks for the input, maybe I'll take a look at some affordable laptops around that price range, although PS4 is available for $500 and will continue to go down over time.

Yes, but who knows how long it will be before D3 comes out on PS-4? We could be talking December.
Reply Quote
You will get more legendarys on the console version vs the pc. I am not sure why the devs hate the pc gamers so much and gimp the drop rates.
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 03:22 PMPosted by Ariktu

This is what I call a completely useless comment. Is RoS even out yet for you to give your two cents worth?

The bigger irony is people like you will buy RoS after openly slagging it.
Reply Quote
PC obviously. !@#$ a console.
Reply Quote
03/04/2014 07:37 AMPosted by morocka
You will get more legendarys on the console version vs the pc. I am not sure why the devs hate the pc gamers so much and gimp the drop rates.

I heard legendary drop rates in 2.0.1 has been pretty good on PC?
Reply Quote
bump!
Reply Quote
any more opinions?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]