Diablo® III

Skill Proc Coefficients [Complete List]

This sheet is no longer current, and will no longer be updated by me. It is now not possible to give a complete list of all proc coefficients for all skills of every character because of the patch 2.1 Life on Hit changes. I have no way to test Demon Hunter skill proc coefficients of those requiring a bow. Therefore, I will no longer be updating this sheet.

If you personally want to test skills non-bow or non-DH based, the axe legendary weapon "Hack" must be used. You can judge the PC of a skill based on the thorns damage applied. Good luck to everyone in the future. Happy hunting.

-- ZzEzZ

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

This is a compilation of the proc coefficients for all skills in Diablo III. Tested & confirmed correct for the patch prior to 2.1 (2.0.6)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgL5S3Revw9ddEhScEpSLWhnRDZKV25OaWZJcHdkN0E&usp=drive_web

Each class has a tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet for their proc coefficients.
Proc coefficients are listed as both per hit and per second on separate pages.
PvP & PvE proc coefficients are exactly the same
===================

For players who may not know what proc coefficients are: they affect how effectively a skill triggers procs (or effects that have a small chance to activate).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939564

Every skill has a hidden "proc coefficient" that controls how special effects like Life on Hit play out in game. Proc Coefficients (PCs) can more or less be thought of as chance rates. The higher the PC, the more Life on Hit gained or the higher the chance to trigger a special effect. Specifically,

Proc Coefficients affect:
Life on Hit
Item effects (ie. Windforce Knockback)
Skill effects (ie. Barbarian Bash [Clobber])
Life Steal is not affected

How?
· Life gained from LoH = (Total LoH on gear)x(Proc Coefficient of skill used)
ie. A Demon Hunter with a 100 Life on Hit bow attacks a Zombie with Entangling Shot [Shock Collar] (proc coefficient of 0.8). The Demon Hunter gains 80 Life on Hit (100*0.8=80).

· Chance of an item effect triggering = (Shown effect rate)x(Proc Coefficient of skill used)
ie. Using Multishot, Suppression Fire with a Windforce with 45% Knockback = 11.25% chance to knockback (0.45x0.25x100=11.25)

· Chance of a skill effect triggering = Proc Coefficient of skill used (no fancy math here)

The spreadsheet contains every proc coefficient in the game, even damage over time (DOT) proc coefficients for skills like a Wizard's Meteor, and proc coefficients for the Monk's skills with multiple hits like Deadly Reach.

This is a Google Doc spreadsheet, so it is limited in features. For this reason, the download to the Excel version is at the top of every class's page on the sheet. The Excel version has prettier formatting and useful things like showing which skills have the highest average proc rate for each class.

Also remember that many skills hit more often than others, and so they proc more often, ie. Living Lightning on a Wizard is a great skill because of the number of times it ticks per second and scales with attack speed. So take the numbers here, and play with different skills to see which help you best for different situations.

PC = Proc coefficient
DoT = Damage over time
LoH = Life on hit
S/E = Skills/Effects (from items)
PP = Practical proc (Average 'amount of proc' per second for LoH or S/E)

----
The change log can be found at the bottom of the first Barb tab on the spreadsheet.
----

Questions/Feedback/etc. are welcome of course.
(Old topic: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004036888 )
Edited by ZzEzZ#1377 on 8/27/2014 10:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Human Death Knight
Thanks a lot for this! I rolled a thunderfury and needed an updated list!
Reply Quote
Thank you for the initial testing and data gathering, this really is a great resource. That being said however I personally feel it is a bit incomplete as some skills seem a bit lacking in consideration to special effects and details that may have been overlooked.

Primarily this is in regards to the DH skills (as that is the character I know most well and have started some of my own testing with).

First is Entangling Shot: shock collar - which actually has an impact proc coef of 0.400 but has an additional 0.400 for each target that the DoT is applied to on initial impact, meaning you will recieve 0.800 for an unaffected single target, 1.200 for two unaffected targets, and 0.400 for hitting either one or two targets that are both already under the effect of the DoT

Secondly would be Grenade: cluster grenade - which according to my testing does up to 3 hits on any single target for 0.250 proc per hit.

I don't mean this as a complaint, more to say it seems that there are many fine details that may slip through an initial test run just to cover all the skills, as these actually took me a bit of examination to try and work out what was actually happening.

Overall good stuff, and the details would probably fit better in a class specific skill set analysis than a general proc coefficient sheet anyways. I was thinking of putting something of the sort together for the DH section, and would certainly like to reference/use the info you already gathered here with your permission of course.
Reply Quote
03/01/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Sorenia
Thanks a lot for this! I rolled a thunderfury and needed an updated list!
NP :D Thunderfury is a sick weap.

03/02/2014 06:37 AMPosted by TinFoilMkIV
which actually has an impact proc coef of 0.400 but has an additional 0.400 for each target that the DoT is applied to on initial impact,
That's really interesting!

03/02/2014 06:37 AMPosted by TinFoilMkIV
Grenade: cluster grenade - which according to my testing does up to 3 hits on any single target for 0.250 proc per hit.
Tested and confirmed both are correct. Updated the sheet.

Thank you for the contribution :)

edit: Also yes, you can reference/use the sheet for your own work as long as you pass along the good word towards this topic.
Edited by ZzEzZ#1377 on 3/2/2014 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info...I wonder why is it that for Monk SW doesn't proc LoH...never has. It always did LS (cyclone rune in specific) but not LoH...with the removal of LS at max level I wonder why they didn't bother to make SW/Cyclone proc LoH?

Would be great if we can get a CM or anyone on the D3 dev team to shed some light on this...or at least acknowledge that they are aware of it?
Reply Quote
View profile
You the man ZzEzZ. Bookmarked.
Reply Quote
Does the glacial spike 4.5 yards radius return that coefficient for all enemies hit, or just the one targeted. Do we know if the Area Damage skill modifier/paragon has any impact on skill procs (can you proc APOC off an Area damage roll)?
Reply Quote
Agreed, Sweeping wind would be nicer if it could proc LoH, but ah well =\

Thanks for the bookmark Aimless ;D

@King: Glacial Spike's AoE does in fact trigger the proc coefficient. Adding Area Damage (extrapolating from that fact), should also trigger the proc coefficient effects such as APOC.
Reply Quote
Is Area damage dependent on Proc Coefficients?
Does Area Damage have a Proc Coefficients?
Reply Quote
Great work. Now let's move this information into the actual game.
Reply Quote
You did it again, you smexy SoB. Thanks for keeping the number crunching addicts updated.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 09:39 PMPosted by Wootah
Is Area damage dependent on Proc Coefficients?
Does Area Damage have a Proc Coefficients?
Area damage, similar to crit. hit chance, from my testing does not depend on proc coefficients (thank goodness).

03/06/2014 09:43 PMPosted by Crim
Great work. Now let's move this information into the actual game.
ikr? *gives sharp glare through Blizz*

03/10/2014 04:28 AMPosted by Wolfy
You did it again, you smexy SoB. Thanks for keeping the number crunching addicts updated.
awwww yiiiiiia ^-^
Reply Quote
Thank you.
Reply Quote
amazing ! awsome ! ^^

thx

Juste 2 questions :
- for exploding palm (monk), you note 1.000 LoH : it's per seconde, right ? This skill have effect during 9 sec, so, if i have 100LoH, i'll gain 900 HP over 9 sec ?
- for Way of the Hundred Fists / Fists of Fury : it's 1.725 + 1.449 + 1.150 = 4.324 for 3 hits. But, if my attack speed is 2 hit / sec, with 100LoH, that mean i'll have 100 x (4.324/3) x 2 = 288 HP / sec ?

Thx in advance

Edited by SuperFrog#2987 on 3/18/2014 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ZzEzZ ?
Reply Quote
thx ! :)
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot.
A question about monk's skill Mystic Ally, were they tested by passive status?
I hope there could be tested by active status again. Cause my active Earth Ally always triggers the effect of Thunderfury.
Reply Quote
Great listing thanks.
Reply Quote
@SuperFrog, you are exactly correct in your estimations of LoH :)

@Allevil: You are right, the active version of the Earth Ally does has a proc coefficient, I will have to retest them all and update that.

@Everyone: I will be retesting all the skills this weekend including Lvl 70 skills and the Crusader. Watch for an updated sheet on Monday.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]