Diablo® III

Why can't i reset quests?

So I finished all quests and have all waypoints , just beated Diablo and after seeing the credits I returned to act 1. I just want to farm the legendary from the SK but I can't click the reset quests button! What am I doing wrong?
Reply Quote
You are probably missing a part of one of the quests. It will be hard to find which one you are missing unless you go through each quest and identify all sub-quests, then compare it to a fully completed quests tab.
Reply Quote
Yes I did that already !!! I checked with my WD quest logs and I have everyone of them...
Reply Quote
it appears killing diablo bugs it out, happened to me too. i could reset quests until i killed diablo.
Reply Quote
OK man i'll kill Diablo again hope it's just a bug
Reply Quote
ok I just beat Diablo again same story. Brad thx for info!!! it seems you were right...I can join any quests except act 2. guess i'll have to look there for an answer.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Also, SK giving a Leg drop as anything other than RNG is a bug that will be fixed soon if it has not been fixed already.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
03/03/2014 12:01 PMPosted by Brad
03/03/2014 11:56 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Also, SK giving a Leg drop as anything other than RNG is a bug that will be fixed soon if it has not been fixed already.

Does this bug happen at 60 only? Because I've leveled multiple new characters in the last week and most of them didn't get a Legendary.

I did get Legs on 3 characters from him. One at 60 and two below. I did not even use the quest reset button to do it. A friend in game who was also mid 30s got a leg. 4 chars doing first kills since patch = 4 legs. While it could have been RNG, that many drops points to the bug. They may have already fixed it...I would have to test.
Reply Quote
I think It have already been fixed via a Hotfix.

Sorry to break your fun :)

But, follows Lylirra's Feedback about the subject. It doesn't state anything that it has been fixed already, but many have tried recently and none got a legendary.

02/28/2014 07:13 PMPosted by Lylirra
02/28/2014 06:28 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Hey Lylirra, please do not consider fixing the Skeleton King "bug". It gives us a nice reason to re-play the campaign.

So, here's a few quick updates from the design team (almost verbatim).

• We will be fixing the bug with the Skeleton King in an upcoming patch ("the bug" = he drops a guaranteed Legendary item each time you kill him after using the Reset Quest feature). This not an intended bonus of Reset Quest.

• While we are fixing the bug with the Skeleton King, we've definitely heard player feedback that it's nice to receive a guaranteed Legendary item for killing a boss after using the Reset Quest feature. We as developers like it, too, but feel that the Skeleton King is the wrong place for it. So, we're going to add that guaranteed Legendary drop to Diablo. Again, this would be a bonus for using the Reset Quest feature and playing the campaign all the way through.

• We're also revisiting drops for all Act bosses after using Reset Quest. We agree that seeing all blues drop just feels bad. =/

We don't have the details all figured out yet, but that's the general idea.
Edited by Angel#1960 on 3/3/2014 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
guys SK still drops legs after you reset quests! bug hasn't been fixed yet :) also...Diablo will drop guaranteed leg in the future instead of SK .
Reply Quote
Been running Reset Quests on Normal and getting all blues from some bosses. No legs on SK.

On the other hand I did get legs from 1) treasure goblin and 2) rock outcropping in Act II.
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Midoral
So I finished all quests and have all waypoints , just beated Diablo and after seeing the credits I returned to act 1. I just want to farm the legendary from the SK but I can't click the reset quests button! What am I doing wrong?

Just go to act2 then save, once done press reset it should work
Reply Quote
Logged in just to +1 Brad's post. That helped me figure out where I was broken :)
Reply Quote
Is it possible to see now which quests are not completed ?
Edited by Infinity#1129 on 3/4/2014 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edit: Did not work =(
Edited by Etheros#2568 on 3/7/2014 6:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
you dont need to finish ALL side quests to reset, just finish the campaign. Confirmed by me for 2 times now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]