Diablo® III

Warcraft 4?

Is this game ever going to come out? Like I've seen people ask this question repeatedly over the years, and the answer is always - "Blizzard is too busy with WoW which has the same story." But if that’s true this is really silly because WoW is a dying game. WoW has been doing the same old thing for years, which is lvling and gearing up, run dungeons, pvp Nerf, then when expansion comes out do it all over again, it gets old really quick. So is Blizzard really going to wait until 2020 for Warcraft 4 to come out? When WoW is completely dead, because that’s dumb. Because people don’t care much about the story, it’s about the gameplay that makes a game fun. Which is why people would love to see a Warcraft 4.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/06/world-of-warcraft-drops-to-76-million-subscribers

Although, before you even ask I have been trying to get into stc2, but honestly it isn't the nearly the same as Warcraft 3. Like there's no hero's, no fourth race to add variety of races to play. Also, so everybody isn’t playing the same class. For example, on when you watch Twitch all you see in tournaments are the same comps over and over again with TvP, or PvP it gets boring. Lastly though, the game itself is too aggressive for my taste. Because yeah you get some time to build your base, but all you’re doing all game is constantly attacking each other, which is annoying and makes it hard to get into. Also, whoever rush's each other first I noticed in a 4v4 will most likely will win the game because you can't really help your allies, like you could do in Wc3. I'm not asking blizzard to change stc2 because some people like that. However, I don’t really like stc2 because of the reasons I stated, and know other people don’t like stc2 much either. So as a fan of WC3, I would really like to know why blizzard make a wc4 already, fans should at least know. Because we really miss Warcraft, and would love to play a WC4.
Reply Quote
It's going to release alongside Half-Life 3 and Eternal Darkness 2...
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 05:10 PMPosted by babinro
It's going to release alongside Half-Life 3 and Eternal Darkness 2...

And Diablo 2 HD
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 05:06 PMPosted by Bob
Is this game ever going to come out? Like I've seen people ask this question repeatedly over the years, and the answer is always - "Blizzard is too busy with WoW which has the same story." But if that’s true this is really silly because WoW is a dying game. WoW has been doing the same old thing for years, which is lvling and gearing up, run dungeons, pvp Nerf, then when expansion comes out do it all over again, it gets old really quick. So is Blizzard really going to wait until 2020 for Warcraft 4 to come out? When WoW is completely dead, because that’s dumb. Because people don’t care much about the story, it’s about the gameplay that makes a game fun. Which is why people would love to see a Warcraft 4.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/06/world-of-warcraft-drops-to-76-million-subscribers

Although, before you even ask I have been trying to get into stc2, but honestly it isn't the nearly the same as Warcraft 3. Like there's no hero's, no fourth race to add variety of races to play. Also, so everybody isn’t playing the same class. For example, on when you watch Twitch all you see in tournaments are the same comps over and over again with TvP, or PvP it gets boring. Lastly though, the game itself is too aggressive for my taste. Because yeah you get some time to build your base, but all you’re doing all game is constantly attacking each other, which is annoying and makes it hard to get into. Also, whoever rush's each other first I noticed in a 4v4 will most likely will win the game because you can't really help your allies, like you could do in Wc3. I'm not asking blizzard to change stc2 because some people like that. However, I don’t really like stc2 because of the reasons I stated, and know other people don’t like stc2 much either. So as a fan of WC3, I would really like to know why blizzard make a wc4 already, fans should at least know. Because we really miss Warcraft, and would love to play a WC4.

GOD I HOPE NOT.

You really want them to continue Warcraft? Without lan? With achievements? HELL NO!

They BUTCHERED Wc3's lore, and they're going to have to retcon ALL OF WoW (ALMOST) if it was going to be interesting at all.

I don't trust the current dev staff to make a worthwhile WC 1, 2 and 3 successor any more than they created a great D1 and D2 successor, lol...

20+ years of gaming confidence (hardcore blizzard gaming, every game but mop) down the tubes in less than two years.

I don't think they could make a worthy successor to WCIII if it hit them in the face, honestly.

Remember, we don't know what "fun" is. Even the MvPs will repeat that vapid detritus they imagine to be fact.

Unless there was a complete top down change within Blizzard, I don't think there's any hope for the future of WCIV, D4, or even WoW itself, unfortunately.
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 05:29 PMPosted by ForAiur
GOD I HOPE NOT.

You really want them to continue Warcraft? Without lan? With achievements? HELL NO!

They BUTCHERED Wc3's lore, and they're going to have to retcon ALL OF WoW (ALMOST) if it was going to be interesting at all.

I don't trust the current dev staff to make a worthwhile WC 1, 2 and 3 successor any more than they created a great D1 and D2 successor, lol...

20+ years of gaming confidence (hardcore blizzard gaming, every game but mop) down the tubes in less than two years.

I don't think they could make a worthy successor to WCIII if it hit them in the face, honestly.

Remember, we don't know what "fun" is. Even the MvPs will repeat that vapid detritus they imagine to be fact.

Unless there was a complete top down change within Blizzard, I don't think there's any hope for the future of WCIV, D4, or even WoW itself, unfortunately.

Dude, I STILL HOPE TO GOD THEY DO. I doubt a Warcraft 4 would be butchered. Like honestly Wc3 was an awesome game, they wouldn't even have to do much for a Wc4 except up the controls like they did in Starcraft 2. Yeah sure the story has been already told by WoW, but honestly that isn't saying much. All the WoW cinematics have sucked, and the story has been poorly told, where people had a better time understanding warcraft through a Comic book, then get an idea whats going on in WoW. By Warcraft 4 coming out would just mean better gameplay, better cinematic’s, and something for old Warcraft 3 fans to enjoy.
Edited by Bob#1732 on 3/5/2014 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Ask here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386232/
Reply Quote
I like to put on my tinfoil hat and think of conspiracies. Here's my latest:

WoD and the parallel universe is a way for Blizz to make WC 4 that takes place before anything that happens in WoW. In other words, they could use WoW's new expansion to nullify anything that happened in WoW and essentially make a WC 4 that takes place near the end of WC 3.

Seriously though, Warcraft 2's 20th anniversary is in 2016. If anything, they should, in the least, be thinking of HD WC2, my favorite RTS of all-time.
Edited by Palerider#1843 on 3/5/2014 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
As far as I am concerned WoW did not happen. Warcraft 4 can pick up where Warcraft 3 left off and this rumored Titan Project can be Blizzard's new MMO. Then once it's launched they can shut down WoW and transfer it's servers over to Titan.
And then there would be much joy and merriment.
Reply Quote
^^ Yeah.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I doubt it will. And to be honest I prefer SC style of play with mass units rather then WC3's hero system.
Reply Quote
that moment you remember jay wilson is a RTS expert and he'll lead the project

NO THANKS
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 09:27 PMPosted by Doomthulsa
I doubt it will. And to be honest I prefer SC style of play with mass units rather then WC3's hero system.

Good thing you do, but there's like 2 million Wc3 players that don't.
Reply Quote
refresh
Reply Quote
refresh
Reply Quote
refresh
Reply Quote
refresh
Reply Quote
warcraft 4 is out there; it's called World of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
The soonest we might be able to hear about Warcraft 4 is at BlizzCon 2014. There's no way that they're gonna uncover such a huge title before it. So let's just leave this topic until November.
Reply Quote
Actually parts of the WOW storyline are actually quite good.

But anyway there is a lot of things they can do, just increase the gap of time by two decades or so and there we go we can avoid many of the characters and then they have a fresh slate.

Also I think they will. They even confirmed that they will do it once all the projects that are currently being worked on are done.

I believe at a blizzcon they talked about it.
Edited by Calnor#1766 on 3/24/2014 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]