Diablo® III

T4 (and above) build

Ok, I've been practicing some of the build found here and there (CoB, Bears...) but now in patch 2.0.1, I find myself a little... too frail in T4. up to T3, I can manage with the build (see in my profile). either I find myself oom, or with too little health.I guess I could find some new stuff, but I'm having hard time surviving in more than T3. My gear brought me up to pm9, so I guess i can manage at least T4, but my build seems to deal not enough damage, and I don't know how to change that, which powers to use...
please help :)
Reply Quote
The easiest way to increase your toughness would be to craft new VIT/INT pants and replace the stone in your helm with an amethyst. Many other ways, but there are fast fixes
Edited by Semicycle#1873 on 3/4/2014 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Equipment aside, here's my $0.02 on how to configure your spells.

The build I'm planning to use is somewhat similar to yours, I suggest checking it out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gfUdij!fTYR!ZcbcZZ

Basically, spam Spirit Barrage to trigger Rush of Essence to pump up your mana regeneration. 100 mana over 10 seconds directly translates to +10 mana/s for 10 seconds. Every time you cast SB, your mana regen goes up +10, but not indefinitely, it'll plateau at a really high value (I've seen ~260 mana/s). And as the 10 second stacks expire, it'll dip back down. Monitor your mana regen in the Details tab to see how long it takes to get to that sweet spot. This is the "pumping".

The "dumping" comes in when you use the excessive amount of mana regen stacks to spam a heavy spell like Zombie Bears or Acid Cloud, or whatever else tickles your fancy (I've seen some people use Grasp of the Dead with Groping Eels and CD reduction. Apparently Eels stacks on top of itself for 880% damage over 8 seconds, but I haven't verified this yet).

Spirit Walk and Soul Harvest have their inherent benefits, as well as being spirit spells to facilitate Rush of Essence. Their respective "offensive" runes are chosen because the build encourages you to spam those spells as well, thanks to Grave Injustice, so you can increase damage output. Umbral Shock (750%) and Vengeful Spirit (630%) offer instant burst damage that's spammable, AND provides you intermittent invulnerability/evasion/movement, as well as an INT buff.

Mass Confusion with Devolution is nice for several reasons. Again, it's a spirit spell, so it activates Rush of Essence. Confusing (ie. charming) the enemy to fight for you is not only damage mitigation, but it's also indirectly increasing damage output. Furthermore, it encourages enemies to group together (good for AoE spells), AND it has the added benefit (from the rune) to virtually give you 3 dogs up all the time (4 if you're running Midnight Feast), which is essentially a free spell within a spell. The dogs are upping damage output, damage mitigation, and limiting enemy movement.

Hex with Jinx is a utility skill which you can substitute with something else depending on your preference, but I think it's essential in that it's one of the WD's quality spells. It enables you to pin down evasive units, shut down an elite from casting spells, instantly halt a burst damage attack from Savage Beasts, Dark Berskers, and the like, amplify damage, and mitigate incoming damage. If that's not a key WD spell, I don't know what is. I could see it being switched out for BBV in multiplayer though.

/theorycrafting
Edited by Ohms#1130 on 3/4/2014 3:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
you are too frail cause you have less than 30k hp. characters like that I would kick from ubers back when I played. glass cannons are glass for a reason. you need to up your vit big time.
play the new game some and wait for a weapon to drop for you, or get an EF. that knife has got to go. How are you rolling t3 or lower anyway with 30khp? is this a troll post?
Reply Quote
no trolling, I really roll T3, with a hard time, but i do Act 1 T3 every evening. I sometimes have really hard time with elites, but otherwise it's fine.

I'll give a try to your build it really looks nice ^^ !!

I gave a try to this build of yours... it looks great !!! :D getting in big groups to spawn dogs and getting some more dmg... it's great.
I mage some change of gear, change unity to obsidian ring. It doubles my toughness, sacrifying some healing and damage.

where I still have troubles are elites which have affixes like thunderstorm, frozen, reflect damage.
Edited by IcyShard#2767 on 3/5/2014 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 09:55 AMPosted by IcyShard
no trolling, I really roll T3, with a hard time, but i do Act 1 T3 every evening. I sometimes have really hard time with elites, but otherwise it's fine.

I gave a try to this build of yours... it looks great !!! :D getting in big groups to spawn dogs and getting some more dmg... it's great.
I mage some change of gear, change unity to obsidian ring. It doubles my toughness, sacrifying some healing and damage.

where I still have troubles are elites which have affixes like thunderstorm, frozen, reflect damage.

I'll just start pasting this into every one of these "I can just about play T?...threads "

The benefit from higher Torment levels is % based, T2 -> T4 is double XP/MF, but it'll take you 5 times as long to kill stuff...so you get LESS loot and LESS XP...so why bother???
And at T2, you can swap gear around and put some defense into DPS.

Run the highest Torment level you can that allows you to kill Elites in less a minute or so.
Reply Quote
If you view my profile. This is the build I use to farm t4-t6
Reply Quote
1st off act 1 much easier than act 2,3,4.

If dying too much move to act 1.

2nd to avoid dying, all of these help a lot :
Jungle fortitude passive - reduces damage 15%
Zombie dogs life link - 10% dmg reduction
Horrify frightening aspect, double armor, for me 15% dmg reduction
Hex - crowd control

As others pointed out, need to drop a little dps and get life way up there. Right now I'm at 80k, and shooting for 100k
Reply Quote
so far, I'm rolling with Ohms' build. It's smooth and nice. I manage with T4, with some difficulties with affixes like jailer, orb, arcane, and thunderstorm... I try to kite as much as possible, but sometimes, my spirit walk is not up, and I get jailed/thunderstorm/arcane and there I die...

I try as much as possible to run T4 for I get 800% MF/GF instead of 400 in 2. maybe it's useless, for so far, I didn't find anything really interesting upping my stats (ie : vit/dex/loh to up toughness/healing)
I may try Sneaky's build to up my toughness and see if this help survive.

keep posting, it helps ;)
Reply Quote
ok, I played some more, and found some really interesting stuff (mask of Jeram, yeah!!) so I'm really sticking to Ohms' build. I found some bracers and weapon which give me some more stats. So as you can see, I roll with ave 120K dmg, 1m tough, and 2K heal.
rolling T3 is poc, rolling T4 takes too much time to be really interesting.

if you want to share some stuff here, keep posting, I'll be doing so when I have some more interesting stuff :D

cheers !!
Reply Quote
ok, you'll be wondering : why is he posting again so soon ?
well, I found homunculus today during a T3 run.
So I was wondering : now I don't need mass confusion for the dogs. I changed this for bruiser, as I also have the mask giving 77% dmg to pets... so far, I mainly run T3 now, trying to find some more stuff, but which power would you use instead ?

thanks for the advice, those posting ;)

cheers ;)
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 09:55 AMPosted by IcyShard

I really dislike thunderstorm. There's no way you can tell it's coming and it hit you inevitably take the first three hits and more if you don't move. With all the other monster affixes, there's either animation that shows it is incoming or it deals small amount of damage first and grows if you stay. With RD though it's dealing almost zero damage to me now so it's one my my favorite affixes ;)
Reply Quote
1) you've no healing or life steal. No matter how high your toughness, you can't take a long fight.

2) you've wrong with gears and spec. Why MoJ if you don't intend to use pets? Get a legacy zuni helm for set bonus do you better.

3) New Homunculus sucks, esp if you don't plan to do 0dog.
Reply Quote
I've found some interesting things on my latest dig... oops, not my line ^^

ok, I've found some stuff... and right now, I'm doing T3 really easy, and harsh time on T4.
I switch between 2 builds, one with snake to the face and haunt of havox for some fun in T3, and one with bruiser and rakoff's glass of life for some more globes to increase bonus from gruesome feast.

but T4 is really hard with packs of elites/unique and I sometimes find myself fighting 5 elites and 2 uniques monsters with lots of minions and pack of affixes.
there I have some real tough time.

I play sometimes with friends on T3, but loot is not that interesting... so I'm stuck right here... any advice for some more progress ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]