Diablo® III

Patch2.0.1 Autocast primary skill when out of resource?

I wanted to ask this because I have looked everywhere for information on this but can't find any.

For a while there has been talk and testing of equipped resource free skills being auto-cast when you are out of resource. I believe it was even in the beta. However now that patch 2.0.1 is live I can't find it anywhere. I have to say this is a major disappointment for me, and i was wondering if there are plans still to implement it, or any info on it in general? Thank you very much :D
Reply Quote
this feature was removed . go goggle
Reply Quote
Do you have a link to the info? Because i was looking through everything google and all and found nothing but pre patch talk.
Edited by Kali#1508 on 3/4/2014 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
AFK
goggle!

03/04/2014 01:16 AMPosted by chrisloup
this feature was removed . go goggle
Edited by Nabbs#1644 on 3/4/2014 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
I went to goggle.com and they tried to sell me goggles. Nothing about D3 anywhere on their site.
Reply Quote
It was mentioned during the dev playtest stream with Wyatt. They wanted people to alternate left and right click instead of just holding one down.
Reply Quote
The problem is that it makes it redundantly tedious, and i spend more time watching my resource then watching the mobs on the screen. And it incentivizes you to come up with builds that don't require a resource free primary skill. I feel the incentive for eliminating use of a primary skill should be simply because it frees up a skill slot for another skill... it should not be because its less of a headache to use. And when your playing for hours doing your rotation on countless mobs, that little bit of extra tedium goes a long way!

I hope one of the guys in blue sees this because i do feel strongly about this as a quality of life change. It makes the way all the builds play even with each other, regardless of the skills you choose.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
03/03/2014 11:14 PMPosted by Kali
I wanted to ask this because I have looked everywhere for information on this but can't find any.

For a while there has been talk and testing of equipped resource free skills being auto-cast when you are out of resource. I believe it was even in the beta. However now that patch 2.0.1 is live I can't find it anywhere. I have to say this is a major disappointment for me, and i was wondering if there are plans still to implement it, or any info on it in general?

For a brief time we were thinking about adding a feature that made your character to automatically cast your primary skill if you didn't have enough resource to cast the current skill. We decided not to keep it, though, and Wyatt Cheng talked a little bit about why we made that decision during his recent Developer Playtest. The short version is that we didn't like the way it changed combat pacing. Here's a link to the section of the Developer Playtest where Wyatt talks more about it.
Reply Quote
;_;

I was about to say: YES! So much this! <33

Than, I saw Grim's reply =/

I guess I should focus more on APoC now =/
Reply Quote
I wish they kept this in.
Reply Quote
Edited because I'm derping today. Durr hurr spell lights up with enough resources, Ralph Wiggum here is just Ralphy
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 3/7/2014 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
OMG, the CMs are necroing threads now!

Well, at least he answered it
Reply Quote
3 days old thread is not really that dead. Dont call the blue necro, thats mean :P
Reply Quote
I have been wanting this feature since day one. It was a great feature in D2.
Reply Quote
Edited by Uhhhhhhh#1722 on 3/9/2014 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well good thing I'm already able to just spam frozen orb 24/7 1 button, apoc nerf or not, hello set bonus and resource cost reduction.

They should have kept the feature for the less fortunate.
Reply Quote
Personally, I would've loved it if this change went through.
Edited by Friz#1508 on 3/7/2014 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
It was such an incredibly nice feature, but it was decided that this expansion was already adding too many good changes already and they have to save something for the next one.
Reply Quote
Edited by Uhhhhhhh#1722 on 3/9/2014 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
03/07/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Grimiku
03/03/2014 11:14 PMPosted by Kali

For a while there has been talk and testing of equipped resource free skills being auto-cast when you are out of resource. I believe it was even in the beta. However now that patch 2.0.1 is live I can't find it anywhere. I have to say this is a major disappointment for me, and i was wondering if there are plans still to implement it, or any info on it in general?

For a brief time we were thinking about adding a feature that made your character to automatically cast your primary skill if you didn't have enough resource to cast the current skill. We decided not to keep it, though, and Wyatt Cheng talked a little bit about why we made that decision during his recent Developer Playtest. The short version is that we didn't like the way it changed combat pacing. Here's a link to the section of the [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLXXZQIFvUg#t=529"]Developer Playtest[/url] where Wyatt talks more about it.

God that sucks...would be so nice to have using a weapon throw build...it's frustrating to run out of fury and suddenly have my barb run into the middle of a pile of poisoncrater to melee attack instead of using weapon throw...zzzzzzz dumb decision by blizz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]