Diablo® III

Resetting Quests Question

I just came back after not playing for a year. Is there any benefit to resetting quests and starting over? Should I continue to run the usual old runs for items? Thanks in advance for any advice and replies
Reply Quote
You get a guaranteed legendary after killing skele king, so not a terrible thing to do.
Reply Quote
Higher quest completion bonuses after a reset as well. Personally I feel it's worth doing, but your mileage may vary.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/07/2014 12:40 PMPosted by mjswango57
I just came back after not playing for a year. Is there any benefit to resetting quests and starting over? Should I continue to run the usual old runs for items? Thanks in advance for any advice and replies

Welcome back to Sanctuary! Personally, I've found it to be worth using the Reset Quest feature, but everyone's got their own idea of what's fun.

By using the Reset Quests feature you'll get increased experience and rewards when you complete a quest, and a guaranteed Legendary item when you kill Diablo (this is currently bugged in a way that the Legendary drops off of Skeleton King instead). It's sort of like starting the Campaign over, so you'll need to find all of the waypoints, and complete all of the quests again.

I should point out that the bonus rewards and guaranteed Legendary only apply to the first time you earn them after a reset. You can use Reset Quest multiple times, but the button will only be available when you've completed all of the quests, and their sub-objectives.
Reply Quote
I hadn't played in over 8 months. I've been looking forward to Reaper of Souls. Had a quick peek at 2.0 today. I've liked what I've seen so far. I was doing MP5 with all my heroes before. I'm figuring out what level I can run through the game without dying while still making it a challenge.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 02:03 PMPosted by Guardian452
I hadn't played in over 8 months. I've been looking forward to Reaper of Souls. Had a quick peek at 2.0 today. I've liked what I've seen so far. I was doing MP5 with all my heroes before. I'm figuring out what level I can run through the game without dying while still making it a challenge.

You will have alot more fun not, I personally think this is what D3 should have been when it first came out. Blizzard is headed in the right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
So wait... Does "Reset Quest" reset the entire GAME? Or just that Act?
Reply Quote
Resets your whole campaign progress. You'll start from the very first quest outside of Tristram and have to redo them all again. You can have someone give you way points and what not, but you can't reset quests again until you complete all of the quests in the storyline.
Reply Quote
It resets the entire game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Gotcha... makes sense. Two questions though:

1. Where do I find the option to "Reset Quest"? I thought I'd remembered seeing it somewhere, but not sure where now.

2. If I Reset my progress, and work my way through Act I, can my friends jump in to kill the boss and also get the guaranteed Legendary? Or is it only for the person who did the resetting?
Reply Quote
1. Its under game settings

2. No, your friends don't get the guaranteed legendary
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 01:47 PMPosted by Grimiku
03/07/2014 12:40 PMPosted by mjswango57

Welcome back to Sanctuary! Personally, I've found it to be worth using the Reset Quest feature, but everyone's got their own idea of what's fun.

By using the Reset Quests feature you'll get increased experience and rewards when you complete a quest, and a guaranteed Legendary item when you kill Diablo (this is currently bugged in a way that the Legendary drops off of Skeleton King instead). It's sort of like starting the Campaign over, so you'll need to find all of the waypoints, and complete all of the quests again.

I should point out that the bonus rewards and guaranteed Legendary only apply to the first time you earn them after a reset. You can use Reset Quest multiple times, but the button will only be available when you've completed all of the quests, and their sub-objectives.

that's not true grimiku, I reset my quests and didn't get a legendary on the skeleton king or when killing diablo. I figured blizzard disabled it because of your recent post about fixing it on a future patch?
Reply Quote
Should there be an option to reset only an act or only I, II and III.
Reply Quote
I havent seen this reset quest yet. Is it just the pop-up that acknowledges you starting at the beginning of a quest chain or is it a button i need to click.
Reply Quote
its also worth mentioning that the item rewards that are 'possible' (not guaranteed) have zero chance to be legendary. Should also mention, that until you complete the entire 4 acts of the game after reset, any or most main quests have had all monetary reward removed after the first time played. Meaning you kill act boss, every kill on that boss thereafter is worth no gold, and has its xp gain significantly reduced.

Grim....you're paid to give us statements that encourage enjoyment from decisions devs make, sorry but that lessens your stated opinion about how much you feel the "button" is enjoyable. Also nice job playing it off as a bug that it should be happening on diablo, when not more than 3, 4 days ago it was stated that upon discussion, the bug of the guaranteed legendary from SK was in fact a bug, but had turned out to inspire the team to move it to diablo. nice twist of the words to make it seem planed but flawed, rather than just flawed.

/golfclap
Reply Quote
View profile
03/07/2014 02:37 PMPosted by JimmyJump
1. Its under game settings

2. No, your friends don't get the guaranteed legendary

2. Unless they had reset their quests as well.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I'm a bit confused...

Does resetting your quest mean you're guaranteed a Legendary from every Act boss? Or is that the bug, that only Skeleton King does?
Reply Quote
Only Skeleton King will have that guaranteed legendary drop. Other bosses not.
Reply Quote
Where is this reset quests button. I beat the game the first three months several times over, then didnt start up again until recently. When I go to the game settings/options screen where I can choose a quest I dont see a reset button anywhere. Picture would be nice so I know what I am looking for.
Reply Quote
I like the reset feature alot, but I like disabling cut-scenes while playing the story-mode even more...

Once Ros ships I believe you'll still be able to access all 5 acts in adventure mode while still completing the campaign in story-mode. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Please add the feature that shows us which quests need to be completed to reset story-mode again right away, or simply only require the main objectives and leave it alone without adding anything! Either way, it would work better than it currently is where we may fail to complete all objectives and no longer be able to reset the quests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]