Diablo® III

Second Expansion

Act VI - Jungle - Gea Kul
New Follower
New class - shapeshifting character similar to Druid.

Similar thoughts?
Reply Quote
A jungle setting could be neat.

A new follower would be cool.

A Druid type character would be very agreeable.

Let's let the first expansion come out though. :P
Reply Quote
don't forget... lvl 80 cap...
Reply Quote
and the horadric cube
Reply Quote
That would be fun. :)
Reply Quote
I hated Act III. The Jungle was huge, and those damn waypoints were too hard to find.
Reply Quote
No jungles please... I hated Act 3 in D2.

I'm looking for something like a real dungeon crawler, like D1 cathedrals/catacombs, or D2 monastery/pyramid tombs/Radament's lair/palace harem. In D3, the random mass grave in Act 1, or the occult rituals in Act 2 with all that bloody cattle cadavers.

With light radius, that will be brilliant (pun fully intended).
Edited by Hayrich#6694 on 3/10/2014 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I absolutely LOVE talk about a second expansion as I already have my names set out for the new class. Here are some of my opinions on the matter:

New Act:
Act VI with a setting involving ruins (similar to Kurast, Travincal, Durance)

New Class:
-Assassin (dagger-based, tonfas, class-specific 1-h)
-Priest/Bard (supports, heals, buffs)
-Engineer? (maybe he can be a small-scale summoner, up to 10 summons)
-increase multiplayer capacity to 5 players

New Female Follower:
-Make her aura-based
-Allow 2 followers in a solo game
-Allow a single follower in multiplayer games
-Allow more inventory slots for followers

New Level Cap: 80

PvP ladder for 1v1, 2v2

10v10 Battlegrounds, PvP instances, Capture the flag

So many other things to consider, but that list is at home, and I'm still at work =[
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Hunter
03/10/2014 11:41 AMPosted by franzkfk
New Follower

Similar thoughts?

I can dig it.
Reply Quote
I too would love an act taking place in the jungle. In fact, I suggested this a few months ago when I found concept art for Skovos.
Reply Quote
That said, a real Necromancer would really sell the next expansion. I know all about similarities to the WD, but the crowd is shouting for it.

Since so many like the jungle setting, can I at least request for there NOT to be expanses of nothing? In Act 3 D2 you ran like a headless chicken with no end in sight, all that green is similar, and you're lucky to stumble upon a waypoint.
Edited by Hayrich#6694 on 3/10/2014 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes.

Level cap - 80

One new skill for every class. Should be defensive skill. For Demon Hunter it will be Shadow wall for sure.

About the jungle in D2. Yes, it was a little bit confusing. But they can manage this.
Reply Quote
Two Followers at one time and more slots is pretty good idea.
Reply Quote
For those that hated the jungle in Act 3 D2, they wouldn't make it the SAME jungle, it'd be designed in such a way that it wouldn't be all over the place.

I think the aesthetics of a jungle would be pretty cool, just less confusing layout wise.
Reply Quote
I don't know if I'm willing to give up an additional 15gb for so little content. Oh wait, you don't have a choice with this company. Fine then, bring it on.
Reply Quote
I would like to point out that Tyreal in Reaper of Souls makes a very direct comment about Horadrim in the Skovos Isles. It is most likely the setting for one of the next two expansions. I would also like to see a necromancer or assissin type class. I think that demon hunters should've had a viable 1h build skillset and they dont....they cant even dual wield daggers. That would go with their whole theme imo. However, since they dont, an assassin would be nice. Someone that specializes in daggers because i dont think they see enough play at all. A necromancer would be nice for the simple dark imagery of it. However, i dont forsee Blizzard following that at all. I would think they should start having dual stat chars....or maybe a generalist class....that can benefit from all major stats.
Reply Quote
Seriously? What's the matter with you two? Kurast was the best act in all of Diablo II! The crickets and chirping, the gentle rains, the twisting forests that went on endlessly. HOW CAN YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON ONE OF THE BEST SETTINGS IN ALL RPGS? If they crafted Kurast right back into Diablo III just as it was in Diablo II, I would play it for hours, then stop, in the middle of no where ...

and just listen.

03/10/2014 12:12 PMPosted by BigBlaris
I hated Act III. The Jungle was huge, and those damn waypoints were too hard to find.

03/10/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Hayrich
No jungles please... I hated Act 3 in D2.

I'm looking for something like a real dungeon crawler, like D1 cathedrals/catacombs, or D2 monastery/pyramid tombs/Radament's lair/palace harem. In D3, the random mass grave in Act 1, or the occult rituals in Act 2 with all that bloody cattle cadavers.

With light radius, that will be brilliant (pun fully intended).
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 11:41 AMPosted by franzkfk
New Follower

Similar thoughts?

Yes, I would like to see a second D3 expansion, but once Blizzard decided to opt for ladders/seasons -- the nail has been driven into D3 coffin -- no second D3 expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]