Diablo® III

Quest rewards

Is it possible to get a legendary off of quest rewards?
Reply Quote
I think the only way to get a guaranteed legendary item (if that's what you mean) is by killing the Skeleton King.

If you want to get another guaranteed legendary after that, you'll have to play through the rest of the game and beat Diablo, then use the Reset Quests button in the game creation menu, and then play through the game again and kill the SK. In other words, you have to play through the entire game, reset the game quests, and kill the SK again each time you want the guaranteed legendary drop.

However, they are moving the guaranteed legendary drop to Diablo, soon - so instead of beating the SK and getting the drop, you'll have to play through the game and beat Diablo each time you want a new guaranteed legendary item.
Reply Quote
No. I read that somewhere ( From a blue post. )

I'll search and bring it here. Just a minute please :)

#Edit: I am sorry, but I can't find it again. It was posted somewhere during the Reaper of Souls Beta. You can only get Magic and Rare items though it.

You'll have to trust me or wait for a blue reply =/
Edited by Angel#1960 on 3/6/2014 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
He's actually asking about the little popup which can appear upon finishing a quest or subquest after resetting the game, which now sometimes gives a blue or yellow item, whether it is at all possible for those items to be legendary. =)

My answer is that I don't know.

Edit: Ah, thanks Angel! Is a good question and I was a little curious about the answer, too ^.^
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 3/6/2014 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you Reset Quest then each time you kill any Act Boss(Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, Diablo) then you will get a legendary drop from the corpse, not the quest.

Notice: Reseting Quest starts you in Act I in the very beginning of the game. with no chance of skipping waypoints or quests.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 10:06 AMPosted by Noremak
If you Reset Quest then each time you kill any Act Boss(Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, Diablo) then you will get a legendary drop from the corpse, not the quest.

You forgot to include the "you have to be below level 60" qualifier.
Reply Quote
I'm not looking for guaranteed legendary drops, I'm just looking for increased rates. I don't mind the farm because, the whole paragon leveling now (I might regret this statement in the future).
Reply Quote
They just thought that's what you were asking because it's what 90% of posts about legendaries and quests/bosses are about. =)

But yeah, looks like the answer may very well be no, that there's no chance of that.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We noticed that quest reward items felt like a nice little addition on the console version of Diablo III, and that’s why we decided to bring them over. The way they work right now is, quest rewards are randomly generated items of Magical or Rare quality. It’s not currently possible to get a Legendary item as a quest reward, but that’s good feedback.
Reply Quote
For me, quest rewards are so crap that I'm not even caring what I get from them. All I care is the experience at this point.

I think the quest reward items should be better quality than the ones you get off the ground!
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Grimiku
We noticed that quest reward items felt like a nice little addition on the console version of Diablo III, and that’s why we decided to bring them over. The way they work right now is, quest rewards are randomly generated items of Magical or Rare quality. It’s not currently possible to get a Legendary item as a quest reward, but that’s good feedback.

Thought about this the other day.

It's a nice balance over not getting shards or a bounty bag. Having a decent chance to get a leg should be there.
Reply Quote

I already knew, but thanks for confirming it to the others Grim :-)

While I am here, could I suggest that, on end act quests or important battles quests ( Like the Siege Breaker - And the first time after reset only ), we have a very very very small chance to receive a Legendary?

I mean, something like 0.5% or so. I don't want people to farm that quest, but it would be a nice little surprise :)
Edited by Angel#1960 on 3/7/2014 10:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

I think if anything it's a great resource for Crafting so appreciate the addition!

Side note--- are you allowed to make comments on
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11985788499
or is blizz staff not allowed to say anything on such topics?
Reply Quote
MVP

It would be awesome if you could.

That would actually probably be the only adjustment necessary to balance Campaign and Adventure Mode.
Reply Quote
I believe the quest rewarded item is pretty much a slap in the face, every time, every time ! they were just salvage materials.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 10:37 AMPosted by TheChemist
I believe the quest rewarded item is pretty much a slap in the face, every time, every time ! they were just salvage materials.

Basically this.

You just defeated the mortal enemy of sanctuary and the heavens!! Here's your crappy blue with only two affixes on it; enjoy your trip to the blacksmith.

That's not a reward, that's an errand.
Reply Quote
Legendary would be sick. However I must say the quest rewards however trivial they may seem actually are a help, and not just to starting players either. I have over 400 hours in my Monk since launch and had a pair of Crafted Archon Dex gloves that were very nice and actually got full on upgrade with a quest reward. I almost fell out of my chair!!

324 Dex
310 Vit
CC 6.5
CD 24%
Poison Res and Pick up Radius

I lost 3% CC and about 20% CD but the bump in Vit and Dex made them well worth the tradeoff! Couldnt believe it!
Reply Quote
at least give us some whites or common debrie I dont want any useless rares or blues forced into my inventory.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 10:37 AMPosted by TheChemist

Sometimes you get lucky. My hardcore Barbarian got his current gloves as a quest reward. Had to change my underwear from the sheer shock.
Reply Quote
It would be interesting if some of the rewards were a bit more relevant to the npc giving it as well. An example could be if you're turning in a quest to Cain maybe he has a chance (maybe 1%-15%) to give you Cains Set Plan or a random piece from that set.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]