Diablo® III

Bracer crafting bugged?

I've been crafting some bracers of intelligence in the new patch. I started to realize a pattern that the crafted bracers (I've crafted about 20-30 bracers) always seem to come with two secondary mods. Then I started checking out some other people's profile for 2.0 bracer crafts, and haven't yet to find one that doesn't come with two secondary mods.

Is this an intended design or is it bugged?
Reply Quote
Most items are 4/2 now, which means only 4 primary stats and 2 secondary. The only exception to this rule are legendary items I believe.
Reply Quote
Yes, and I notice the same thing happens with shoulders too.

Can we get a confirm from the blues? Is this a new game design in 2.0 or is it actually bugged? I don't want to keep wasting gold for things that may never happen (i.e. 5 or 6 primary mods)
Reply Quote
The 4/2 design is absolutely intended. As mentioned earlier, some legendaries break this rule, but they're an exception.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/06/2014 11:58 AMPosted by FTK
I've been crafting some bracers of intelligence in the new patch. I started to realize a pattern that the crafted bracers (I've crafted about 20-30 bracers) always seem to come with two secondary mods. Then I started checking out some other people's profile for 2.0 bracer crafts, and haven't yet to find one that doesn't come with two secondary mods.

This is a great question, and it's important to know the answer to make sure you're not crafting more items than necessary. It's intended that Rare items with 6 affixes (crafted or found) will have 2 secondary affixes. So, be sure to keep that in mind if you're looking for a particular affix set when crafting!
Reply Quote
View profile
03/06/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Grimiku
03/06/2014 11:58 AMPosted by FTK

This is a great question, and it's important to know the answer to make sure you're not crafting more items than necessary. It's intended that Rare items with 6 affixes (crafted or found) will have 2 secondary affixes. So, be sure to keep that in mind if you're looking for a particular affix set when crafting!

It would be nice if it would say "4 primary and 2 secondary magical properties" instead of just "6 magical properties" :/
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It would be nice if it would say "4 primary and 2 secondary magical properties" instead of just "6 magical properties" :/

+1

Please and thankyou

I find that there is a ton of stuff in this game that i have to go outside of the game to actually figure out what is what
Edited by Roxy#1812 on 3/6/2014 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 02:45 PMPosted by fingrknitter

^this

I enjoy crafting, but the system needs to be totally transparent
Reply Quote
all non legacy items follow the 4/2 system in general (with some legends and possibly hellfire rings breaking the mold)

6 magical properties are the super set. if you want to be explicit, then even 4/2 is not explicit since crafted bracers can't roll movespeed which is a secondary property that is available on some bracers.

when all your drops are 4/2 and suddenly you get a bracers that are 6 primary, don't you think the 6 primary would be more telling of a bug than crafting bracers that are 4/2?
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/6/2014 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
That why Seven Sins shoulder FTW. It indirectly rolls 7/2 if you know what I means. Double roll combination on main stats i.e. Dex/Str/Int and Vit with the possibility of getting a nice bonus skill damage/Area dmg/ cool down red and etx. I don't see why it is not BiS.
Reply Quote
@Grimiku
Is there plans to allow items to roll 5/1 or 6/0 primary/secondary affixes in the future? Is this even considered at all?
Reply Quote
I have experienced what seems like a crafting bug with my Barbarian lately since the patch. Seems like Every time almost with the exception of three times today all the bracers yellow recipes come out with as the first listed magic property X type of element deals x% more dmg. Cold,electrical,fire,physical. With the exception of the physical a bracer with elemental dmg like that seems like it would benefit a monk or wiz or WD more since their skills a majority of them seem to do direct elemental dmg. Was it intended to be set up this way even razor spikes of str 98-99% out of maybe 50 i have crafted so far turn out like this and I have noticed several leg recipes that craft with almost exact same magic powers and stats and numbers with maybe a difference in one power every so often. I posted something about this in the bugs forum a few days back.
Reply Quote
So there is no point to craft bracers is what you are telling me.

Since we need + dmg
main stat
vitality
All Resist
Crit Chance
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 01:27 AMPosted by Abomb247

Since we need + dmg
main stat
vitality
All Resist
Crit Chance

Wrong.

All res is now less essential as the new 'toughness' often benefits equally well with 200+ VIT that CAN be rolled.

Just look at the shoulders and bracers on almost ALL of my many SC alts, also the HF rings too!
---->> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wired-2524/hero/8685621

Crafting is a wonderful way of adding both EHP and additional elemental and skill damage that's NOT on the sheet.
Edited by Wired#2524 on 3/7/2014 2:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
03/07/2014 01:27 AMPosted by Abomb247

Since we need + dmg
main stat
vitality
All Resist
Crit Chance

Have a look at my female wizards crafted bracer:

318 Int
211 Vit
68 AR
6%CC

Rolled those yesterday after about 30 tries. They are pretty nice even without % damage. If you want % damage then you will have to sacrifice one of those main stats. My DH has a decent pair with 14% fire damage but it has no AR. Really, the way toughness is going you could probably sacrifice the AR for % damage. My wiz is sitting at over 1.1m toughness with glass cannon. She could affor to lose some AR.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 3/7/2014 3:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 02:40 AMPosted by Wired
Wrong.

All res is now less essential as the new 'toughness' often benefits equally well with 200+ VIT that CAN be rolled.

I call Wrong on your Wrong.

With our methods of healing so drastically nerfed, all resist and mitigation in general becomes even MORE important than it was before the previous patch.
Reply Quote

Unfortunately "Toughness" is not a good judge of survivability. You could have maxed fire resist and high health and get a million toughness but get insta killed by arcane or poison.

The higher the Torment level, the more this will become a problem.

Still need to go into details to see what the gear is actually doing for your character.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 04:59 AMPosted by Morbrew1

Unfortunately "Toughness" is not a good judge of survivability. You could have maxed fire resist and high health and get a million toughness but get insta killed by arcane or poison.

The higher the Torment level, the more this will become a problem.

Still need to go into details to see what the gear is actually doing for your character.

+1

Toughness is a very poorly designed number that gives false information.

Resists (AR and single) should be removed from this equation if they ever want it to be useful to players.
Edited by xxxLawDogxxx#1277 on 3/7/2014 5:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 02:52 PMPosted by BryO
03/06/2014 02:45 PMPosted by fingrknitter

^this

I enjoy crafting, but the system needs to be totally transparent

True.

I've spent yesterday quite a bit of resources crafting 14 Amulets, only to find later what's been discussed here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]