Diablo® III

Some clarification on RoS Enchanting?

Hi all,
I am wondering how the RoS enchanting will work on your crafted BoA gear. There was a post explaining that all gear before 2.0 would be considered legacy and could not be used with the enchanter to improve stats. So now that we are post 2.0, does that mean that any BoA gear I make (Archon chest, amulet, gloves, bracers, shoulders) will be enchantable in RoS?

Also, does this go for all item qualities grey -> legendary?

Thanks for the clarification.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The items you're crafting (or finding) right now will be Enchantable in Reaper of Souls. The crafting recipe's your Artisans already know have all been updated to make loot 2.0 versions of those items, even if you learned the recipe prior to patch 2.0.1. This means anything you make (or made after patch 2.0.1) will be Enchantable. Keep in mind that there are some other limitations to Enchanting that might prohibit an item from being Enchanted (for example you can't enchant Magical items).
Reply Quote
Thanks for the clarification!!
That is unfortunate, so I will need to try my luck at crafing a trifecta - again! That probably explains why crafting mats are selling like hot cakes on the AH.

:)
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
People need to understand that Enchanting does not upgrade items beyond their level. It only lets them re-roll a single affix. It will still roll at lvl 60 if the item is 60.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 03:48 PMPosted by Grimiku
Keep in mind that there are some other limitations to Enchanting that might prohibit an item from being Enchanted (for example you can't enchant Magical items).

Are there any other limitations besides that?
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 04:09 PMPosted by MissCheetah
People need to understand that Enchanting does not upgrade items beyond their level. It only lets them re-roll a single affix. It will still roll at lvl 60 if the item is 60.

Well I do understand this, but if you roll say a trifecta with 100% cd, 9% as, and 5% cc, you could reroll for the extra 5% cc no?
Reply Quote
[quote="119835799195"]he crafting recipe's your Artisans already know have all been updated to make loot 2.0 versions of those items, even if you learned the recipe prior to patch 2.0.1..[quote]

FALSE.

I've been getting recipes that don't adjust to my character level (whats the point about ilvl 30 legendary recipes anyway? wth?), i.e. its not 2.0, since in 2.0 everything should be adjusted to the level of the character, or at least be level 60, why are we getting this?

i know its a bug or a overlook. now u guys have to admit =d
Edited by Risen#1351 on 3/6/2014 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 04:41 PMPosted by Risen
(whats the point about ilvl 30 legendary recipes anyway? wth?)

uh.... for a lvl 30 character to use? Just crafted 2 deadeyes (ilvl 41) for my leveling DH.
Edited by jetjordan#1510 on 3/6/2014 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
You could craft them on the character you want to use them on if you want them to be low level though if you wanted them lower than 60. They should go up to 60, not beyond, since there is new versions of all the set patterns that are or go up to 70 in the expac.
Reply Quote
[quote="119835799195"]he crafting recipe's your Artisans already know have all been updated to make loot 2.0 versions of those items, even if you learned the recipe prior to patch 2.0.1..[quote]

FALSE.

I've been getting recipes that don't adjust to my character level (whats the point about ilvl 30 legendary recipes anyway? wth?), i.e. its not 2.0, since in 2.0 everything should be adjusted to the level of the character, or at least be level 60, why are we getting this?

I'm pretty sure its working as intended. The new Lvl 70 crafting plans also have another name than their original level counterparts. Not sure why though. There is no confusion with legendaries dropping at different lvls, so why change the name for the legendary plans? Still, I would have liked a lvl60 version of all crafting plans.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 04:09 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Where do you have this from?
If that's really true, why wouldn't they allow legacy enchanting? From D3V perspective, why would they prevent us from transforming not-perfectly-rolled legacy items to closer-to-perfect rolls? Like 50 int to 50% chd? There is absolutely no problem with that, as long as level 60 items only roll level 60 affixes. I like rolls. Anyone else like rolls?
Reply Quote
I have a question on that.

Set recipe like canes, used to give you the full set of items you could craft. But canes only gave the helm. Is that going to be the case now?

Not only that but you craft 1 item and the recips gone from your list.
Edited by Jane#1803 on 3/7/2014 1:30 AM PST
Reply Quote

FALSE.

It's not a bug, not EVERYTHING is adjusted to the character, otherwise everything you get would be an upgrade. They made it so there's a higher possibility of it being 100% relevant to what you need whilst the majority of items will be for your class they won't all be perfect items.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 12:26 AMPosted by Jane
I have a question on that.

Set recipe like canes, used to give you the full set of items you could craft. But canes only gave the helm. Is that going to be the case now?

Not only that but you craft 1 item and the recips gone from your list.

In my experience the helm, and only the helm, shows up under the default "Highest Usable" filter even if you also know and can use a higher level helm (like one of the learn-by-artisan-level recipes). The other pieces still show up if you set the filter to All (or possibly if they actually are the highest level usable, I don't have an alt of the right level to test this part).

I can't confirm the part about disappearing from the list after you craft it because I didn't actually craft it, since I was 10+ levels past it when the recipe dropped. (FWIW, I never saw a recipe drop in 1.x, but have already gotten two in 2.x. Although I may be playing more now and/or on higher difficulties, I'm not sure.)
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 09:11 AMPosted by Devasura

In my experience the helm, and only the helm, shows up under the default "Highest Usable" filter even if you also know and can use a higher level helm (like one of the learn-by-artisan-level recipes). The other pieces still show up if you set the filter to All (or possibly if they actually are the highest level usable, I don't have an alt of the right level to test this part).

I can't confirm the part about disappearing from the list after you craft it because I didn't actually craft it, since I was 10+ levels past it when the recipe dropped. (FWIW, I never saw a recipe drop in 1.x, but have already gotten two in 2.x. Although I may be playing more now and/or on higher difficulties, I'm not sure.)

Awsome, Thank you! It was a lack of knowledge issue not a bug. Never even noticed the filters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]