Diablo® III

Very long loading time?

(Locked)

Blizzard Employee
We are still trying to reproduce this issue internally.

We are seeing load times of about 5-10 seconds when we have 100% of the game.

We are not denying this issue but we need to be able to reproduce it to fix it.
We're actually experience huge amount of issues since the update 2.0. Got worse once RoS was actually released.

This is for my fiance's Mac (laptop). I've scoured all the forums from Windows to Mac, obviously centralized around Mac tech forums.

We have tried deleting cache, deleting agent.db, reinstalling diablo, making sure drivers were updated, making sure it was installed fully, turning off Upnp, directly hooking up to the router, hooking it up directly to the modem. I can play fine on my Windows PC, she even played on my PC without connectivity issues from hardware or internet lag. We even installed Bootcamp and windows on her Mac, which gives her the same problem albeit it runs smoother until it crashes.

This happens trying to start a new game, joining a game, teleporting using quick travels so on.

It lags and majority of the time crashes or comes up with "Your connection has been lost..."

Only thing I can think of is that her Mac may not meet the minimum requirements (which I don't think it does) but it ran smoothly before 2.0 update.

Processing: Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.4GHz
Memory: 4 Gigs (Mac) 2 (windows, bootcamp)
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 320M

Like I said I'm sure it struggles to beat minimum requirements, but until 2.0 was out, it worked, slow, but worked overall.

We've been insanely frustrated and not sure what to do or where to turn. If buying a new Laptop or PC was an option, we would do that. :p
Edited by Frostlocke#1708 on 3/28/2014 3:06 PM PDT
I deleted and re-dl'ed the files TheTias recommended on page 2 and am still experiencing very long load times.

Mac Specs:

2.4ghz intel core 2 duo
4gb 1067mhz ddr3
Nvdia Geforce 320m 256mb
OSX 10.9.02

Not the greatest Mac but definitely capable of handling the game. All of my graphics are set to minimums as well.
Edited by KillHappy#1313 on 3/29/2014 7:01 AM PDT
I also realize a laggy ISP could be causing this. I tested my connection and pinged 35ms.
MVP
View profile
It just occured to me: Could everybody here experiencing this please post their system information? I have a really sneaky suspicion about what is causing this, but I need that information to come to a conclusion on that.

Obtaining and Posting System Information

1) Click on the Apple Menu while holding down the Option key and select System Profiler (10.6.8) / System Information (10.7 and later).

2) Copy the information from the following sections and paste them into your post. Please copy in the following order: Hardware Overview, Graphics, and Software. Do not include any serial numbers, hardware UUIDs, or account/login names or information in your post.

Please, please post this information, each of you. It could well mean the difference between finding the root cause and nailing down the issue and never being able to reproduce it.
2. Protect the innocent.
3. Uphold the law.
4. Smash, Jay, Smash!
Just experienced my first crash since xpac came out. Tried joining a clan members game in progress while I was in my own game myself..
MVP
View profile
03/29/2014 08:10 AMPosted by KillHappy
Just experienced my first crash since xpac came out. Tried joining a clan members game in progress while I was in my own game myself..

Your issue is different than the one here. If you are having crashes, please create a new thread where we can help you out.

Since ROS i have !@#$ing long loading time, crash while changing map or when going to menu.
I also have a lot of graphic issues. I didn't have any of those problem BEFORE RoS.

2.3 GHz Intel core i5
4Go 1333 MHz DDR3

I know this is not the best mac ever, but those problems appeared when RoS came out, not before. So please do something.
Edited by Poy#2627 on 3/29/2014 3:10 PM PDT
I tried deleting the files as you said in one of your earlier posts TheTias, but to no avail. The loading times seem to remain the same as they were before. Here's the system information of my computer. Thanks for trying to fix this!

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
Kernel Version: Darwin 13.1.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
MVP
View profile
Please keep those system profiles coming in. I'm starting to see a pattern emerge, but I need more system profiles of those affected in order to get conclusive data.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Hi! I'm an Italian customer. Since this seems to be the best thread around about this particularly Mac problem about Diablo 3 post 2.0 I decided to post my System Information here. Hope u don't blame me because I don't post this on the european forums. Hope this could help in solving the problem.

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Speed: 2,5 GHz
Total Number of Cores: 4
Cache L2 (per Core): 256 KB
Cache L3: 6 MB

AMD Radeon HD 6750M:
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Bus: PCIe
Larghezza Lane PCIe: x16
VRAM (total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6741
Revision ID: 0x0000
Revisione ROM: 113-C2950H-170
Versione driver EFI: 01.00.544

System Software Overview
Boot Volume: Senza titolo

Other facts that I noticed when launching the game:
the first time I launch the game it crush during the loading screen after I start the game in any mode. It doesnt happen on a second try

The game always crush (during the loading screen) If its not in front of all program windows (for example it crush if I look something on safari while Im waiting...)
I've got the same issue as frostlock

Vista SP2 32 bits
ATI mobility radeon HD 2600 XT
Version 8.970.100.1100
inter core 2 duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50 GHz
version: 6.0.6001.18000
Edited by colossus#2393 on 3/30/2014 6:43 AM PDT
Since 2.0 I've had the problem with long load times (game starts, waypoints, portals, dungeon doors, etc.), and I am still experiencing the occasional kick out to battle.net when trying to start a game (which may or may not be after I have viewed my profile in menus - haven't tracked that).

Since ROS, I have the additional symptom that when I try to change environments in the game (waypoints, portals, etc.), there is a long delay before the loading screen even comes up. So most of the time I do not even know if the environment change has been properly triggered for several seconds. For doors, this prompts me to continue clicking on the door, not knowing if I have even triggered the transition. For portals and waypoints, often my character icon disappears and I am left looking at the screen with my followers still there, even before the loading screen appears. Very strange and frustrating.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini5,1
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 288 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009

Edited by Set#1757 on 3/30/2014 7:29 AM PDT
Model: MacBook Pro
Model ID: MacBookPro7,1
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processorspeed: 2,4 GHz
Number of processors: 1
Number of cores: 2
L2-cache: 3 MB
Buss speed: 1,07 GHz
Boot ROM-version: MBP71.0039.B0E
SMC-version (system): 1.62f7
Rörelsedetektor (Sudden Motion Sensor):

Styrkretsmodell: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: Graphic processor
Buss: PCI
VRAM (totalt): 256 MB
Producer: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Unit-ID: 0x08a0
Revisions-ID: 0x00a2
ROM-revision: 3533
Screen:
Colour-LCD:
Screentype: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel dept: 32 bitars färg (ARGB8888)
Display: Yes
Bildskärmsdubblering: Off
Connected: Yes
Built-in: Yes

System version: OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
Startskiva: Macintosh HD
Startläge: Normal
Got around to posting

Hardware Overview

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Graphics

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3533

Software

Time since boot: 1:39

Hopefully this assists. She has giving up and has no interest in the game now from frustration, but I'm hoping to see if we can fix this to change that!
MVP
View profile
I'm starting to get a (hopefully) fairly good picture of what is happening here. Those of you that have posted your system specifications, could you also provide the follwing information? You should first get into a game and then right after the incident with long load times happens, follow the instructions below and post the information back into this thread. Do not close Diablo 3 while gathering this information - it needs to remain open.

The next time this occurs, could you open Activity Monitor (found in /Applications/Utilities) and click on the Memory tab and report the values for the following fields at the bottom of the window:

Physical Memory
Memory Used
App Memory
File Cache
Swap Used
Compressed

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Total Number of Cores: 4
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 24 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6970M
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6720
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C2960K-152
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.507

Boot Volume: SSD

Mem Stats per request:
Phys: 24.00GB
Used: 12.86GB
F.Cache: 25.07GB
Comp: 601.4MB
Swap: 0

I am currently at a place where I can reproduce within several seconds of loading and logging in. Just need to port around, and usually the 2nd or definitely 3rd port produces the issue. Worth mentioning: I've been polling a bit, and the memory stats posted do not represent any sort of spike that correlates with the time of the issue; these are identical stats featured during normal play. Not that they're good or bad, but they haven't been spiking. Will keep track tomorrow as well.

Thanks.
03/30/2014 10:05 PMPosted by TheTias
I'm starting to get a (hopefully) fairly good picture of what is happening here. Those of you that have posted your system specifications, could you also provide the follwing information? You should first get into a game and then right after the incident with long load times happens, follow the instructions below and post the information back into this thread. Do not close Diablo 3 while gathering this information - it needs to remain open.

The next time this occurs, could you open Activity Monitor (found in /Applications/Utilities) and click on the Memory tab and report the values for the following fields at the bottom of the window:

Physical Memory
Memory Used
App Memory
File Cache
Swap Used
Compressed

Here's what I did, with the results.

1. First I rebuilt the cache per your instructions previously in this thread.

2. Next I loaded D3 from Battle.net, and I created a new hero as a mule and played that one through Cain's rescue. Didn't notice any problems with loading times but I was rushing through just to get access to all the merchants/artisans, so I then went to resume a game with an established hero. After a few crashes out to the Battle.net agent, I finally got a game to resume. Typically I only have one or two of these crashes per session, so not sure why so many this time in such a short span. Incidentally, each time this happened I looked at the Activity Monitor and there was something called "Agent (Not Responding)" there in addition to Battle.net. I tried exiting Battle.net completely, which got rid of Agent (Not Responding), but each time I would go back in and try to resume a game again I would crash back out to Battle.net. So I finally just loaded D3 without exiting Battle.net after a crash, and I was able to resume a game. Not sure what correlations are there, but that's what happened. Anyway, once I was able to resume a game again, there was a typically long load time and here are the memory stats once the game loaded.

Physical Memory: 2.00 GB
Memory Used: 1.99 GB
App Memory: 800 MB
File Cache: 200 MB
Swap Used: 490 MB
Compressed: 300 MB

The last four numbers above were fluctuating slightly, so those are approximations.

3. Once I was in, the problems with load times at waypoints, portals, and dungeon entrances seem to have resolved.

So it appears my problems with load times while in-game (i.e. during environment changes) may have been fixed by the cache rebuild. But I seem to still be having problems with long load times when starting/resuming a game (over a minute to load) from in menus and when exiting a game (30 sec or so) back into menus. And I am still having the periodic problem of crashing out to Battle.net when starting/resuming a game from in menus.
Physical Memory: 4,00 GB
Memory Used: 3.99 GB
App Memory: 2,40 GB
File Cache: 729 MB
Swap Used: 0 MB
Compressed: 36,8 MB
Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B0E

NVIDIA GeForce 320M:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3533
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Boot Volume: HD

Like I said in my last post, really long loading when I quit a game and jumping into portals. Most of the time I have to force quit or the game just crashes on me.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]