Diablo® III

Difference between a Crusader and Templar?

TOmato? TomAto?

Seriously, what makes them different?

They're both Sword-N-Board.
They're both spiritual/religious.
They're both warriors with healing talents.

How are they different? Kormac looks like a Crusader to me, especially when he uses a shield.
Reply Quote
One can hold 2-handed weapons and shield and other can't
Reply Quote
Crusaders are basically elite templars.
Edited by PVStar#1232 on 3/6/2014 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Crusaders are Batman. Templars are Robin.
Reply Quote
View profile
The will of a Templar is stronger.

Pretty much about it.
Edited by Tubbylumpkin#1184 on 3/6/2014 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
big difference is about 50 IQ points.
Reply Quote
3-18-21-19-1-4-5-18

20-5-13-16-12-1-18
Reply Quote
Community Manager
In short, the difference is that they are not part of the same order. The Templars, in particular, are not explicitly a branch of the Zakarum faith as Crusaders and Paladins are.

The Templars are based out of Westmarch and a relatively new group compared to the Crusaders. I recommend speaking with Kormac throughout each Act as he'll eagerly tell you about his order. In Reaper of Souls, he'll have even more to share as he delves into his suspicions that all is not as well with his brothers and the Grand Maester.

Crusaders and Paladins, on the other hand, are different branches of warriors of the Zakarum faith, originating in Kehjistan, the largest of which came from Travincal. There's a ton of history behind them both, and we may possibly be working on some things to share soon that go even more in depth, so do keep an eye out on our upcoming blogs. ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
03/06/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Nevalistis
In short, the difference is that they are not part of the same order. The Templars, in particular, are not explicitly a branch of the Zakarum faith as Crusaders and Paladins are.

The Templars are based out of Westmarch and a relatively new group compared to the Crusaders. I recommend speaking with Kormac throughout each Act as he'll eagerly tell you about his order. In Reaper of Souls, he'll have even more to share as he delves into his suspicions that all is not as well with his brothers and the Grand Maester.

Crusaders and Paladins, on the other hand, are different branches of warriors of the Zakarum faith, originating in Kehjistan, the largest of which came from Travincal. There's a ton of history behind them both, and we may possibly be working on some things to share soon that go even more in depth, so do keep an eye out on our upcoming blogs. ;)

I would have asked Kulle but you guys had us kill him.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 04:36 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
I would have asked Kulle but you guys had us kill him

Pff, there are tons of movies and series in which people don't stay dead. DIABLO (the boss and the series) is one of them.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/06/2014 04:42 PMPosted by Tomnnn
03/06/2014 04:36 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
I would have asked Kulle but you guys had us kill him

Pff, there are tons of movies and series in which people don't stay dead. DIABLO (the boss and the series) is one of them.

Yeah but how long will it be before he stops being dead again? His last death lasted way longer than I wish to wait to ask him about the templars.
Reply Quote
The Crusader is the follower you get in act 1, the Templar is the new playable class in RoS.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/06/2014 04:49 PMPosted by Cyberbeni
The Crusader is the follower you get in act 1, the Templar is the new playable class in RoS.

backwards it got you think I
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Will there be unique dialogue between the followers and the crusader? I might keep Kormac if he swoons enough.
Reply Quote
The templar is a holy man with values and a pleasant background.
The crusader is a raging drug addict who's blood is 40% alcohol and 50% steroids.

You this because his resource is wrath and he's somehow stronger than the barbarian in base physical strength (can hold a 2 hander in 1 hand).

Either that or blizzard south would like to believe the crusader is a closer descendant of the D2 barbarian than the actual barbarian... or maybe Fuj continuity because casuals don't care?
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 05:23 PMPosted by Tomnnn
The templar is a holy man with values and a pleasant background.
The crusader is a raging drug addict who's blood is 40% alcohol and 50% steroids.

You this because his resource is wrath and he's somehow stronger than the barbarian in base physical strength (can hold a 2 hander in 1 hand).

Either that or blizzard south would like to believe the crusader is a closer descendant of the D2 barbarian than the actual barbarian... or maybe Fuj continuity because casuals don't care?

It's hard to take the game seriously when it runs on Rule of Cool.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/06/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Layam
Will there be unique dialogue between the followers and the crusader? I might keep Kormac if he swoons enough.

The Crusader has been fully implemented in Acts I-IV, including appropriate (new) Follower dialogue. :)
Reply Quote
how often with crusader books be dropping in the game? seems as if they start over even after listening to all of them
Reply Quote
When is the Crusader appearing in the game guide so we can theorycraft some builds? Theorycrafting for the 5 classes before D3 came out was one of the most fun and hype-tastic things in the world.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/06/2014 04:47 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
03/06/2014 04:42 PMPosted by Tomnnn

Yeah but how long will it be before he stops being dead again? His last death lasted way longer than I wish to wait to ask him about the templars.

How would Zoltan Kulle even know the first thing about either the Templars or the Crusaders? Both orders were founded after he died, I think. So I'm pretty sure he missed all the more interesting events in the history of both orders, except for the highly interesting period when Kormac was helping you out in Act 2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]