Diablo® III

Difference between a Crusader and Templar?

Community Manager
03/07/2014 04:29 AMPosted by xxxLawDogxxx
...and finally, Crusaders never die. Well, there name never dies. Crusaders always take on a trainee who takes the Crusader's name and gear should he ever fall in battle. I guess this means they will be the perfect character for hardcore players ;)

Well, I wouldn't say never. Their numbers have dwindled from their original recruiting because occasionally, tragedy does strike an an apprentice might die along with their master, or the master might have perished before finding an apprentice.

Generally that is true, though. Crusaders carry on the name of their masters (along with their armor and shield), and in a way, "never die" so that they may continue their quest.
Reply Quote

The Templars are based out of Westmarch and a relatively new group compared to the Crusaders. I recommend speaking with Kormac throughout each Act as he'll eagerly tell you about his order. In Reaper of Souls, he'll have even more to share as he delves into his suspicions that all is not as well with his brothers and the Grand Maester.

[/quote]

Expansion #2 "Fall of Man" Confirmed. The nephalem assists Kormac in bringing down the Demons that have assumed the highest positions of power in the templar order.
Reply Quote
If Crusaders take over their masters name theeeen...our Crusader will have another name except the one we gave him? :D
Reply Quote
View profile
03/07/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Nevalistis
03/07/2014 04:29 AMPosted by xxxLawDogxxx
...and finally, Crusaders never die. Well, there name never dies. Crusaders always take on a trainee who takes the Crusader's name and gear should he ever fall in battle. I guess this means they will be the perfect character for hardcore players ;)

Well, I wouldn't say never. Their numbers have dwindled from their original recruiting because occasionally, tragedy does strike an an apprentice might die along with their master, or the master might have perished before finding an apprentice.

Generally that is true, though. Crusaders carry on the name of their masters (along with their armor and shield), and in a way, "never die" so that they may continue their quest.

So when we make a crusader we get heirloom legendary shield and armor? =p
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 05:36 PMPosted by Nevalistis
03/06/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Layam
Will there be unique dialogue between the followers and the crusader? I might keep Kormac if he swoons enough.

The Crusader has been fully implemented in Acts I-IV, including appropriate (new) Follower dialogue. :)
Ahhhh yeah, I can't wait to play Bash Brothers: Kormac and Crusader Edition.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Nevalistis
In short, the difference is that they are not part of the same order. The Templars, in particular, are not explicitly a branch of the Zakarum faith as Crusaders and Paladins are.

The Templars are based out of Westmarch and a relatively new group compared to the Crusaders. I recommend speaking with Kormac throughout each Act as he'll eagerly tell you about his order. In Reaper of Souls, he'll have even more to share as he delves into his suspicions that all is not as well with his brothers and the Grand Maester.

Crusaders and Paladins, on the other hand, are different branches of warriors of the Zakarum faith, originating in Kehjistan, the largest of which came from Travincal. There's a ton of history behind them both, and we may possibly be working on some things to share soon that go even more in depth, so do keep an eye out on our upcoming blogs. ;)

Will there be unique dialogue between the followers and the crusader? I might keep Kormac if he swoons enough.

Nah - it'll probably wind up in a blood-feud like the Bloods and the Crips.
Edited by Scourge#1319 on 3/7/2014 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Nevalistis

I really love this concept for the character.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Does this mean that there will be more to all the followers than just dialogue? Like the thieves guild going after Lyndon or delve further into Eirenas past?
Edited by Blackwolfe#2682 on 3/7/2014 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 03:51 PMPosted by Ryken
Crusaders are Batman. Templars are Robin.

This just made me LOL!!! Nice one.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 08:19 AMPosted by chasa619

Expansion #2 "Fall of Man" Confirmed. The nephalem assists Kormac in bringing down the Demons that have assumed the highest positions of power in the templar order.

I believe you mean Heroes of the Storm, because, yeah, Expansion #2 has already been confirmed through RoS pre-order bonuses.

Valla the Demon Hunter will be available once Heroes of the Storm has been officially released. Note that Heroes of the Storm is still deep in development and does not have an announced release date, but you can stay tuned to the official game site for future updates. Note also that pre-purchasing Reaper of Souls does not guarantee a spot in the eventual Heroes of the Storm alpha or beta tests.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-collectors-edition/113385
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/D3ROS_bonusLG.jpg
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 05:36 PMPosted by Nevalistis

The Crusader has been fully implemented in Acts I-IV, including appropriate (new) Follower dialogue. :)

Will that be next patch? I tried making one earlier today and the name area was still grayed out.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
03/07/2014 04:00 PMPosted by Airos
03/07/2014 08:19 AMPosted by chasa619

I believe you mean Heroes of the Storm, because, yeah, Expansion #2 has already been confirmed through RoS pre-order bonuses.

Valla the Demon Hunter will be available once Heroes of the Storm has been officially released. Note that Heroes of the Storm is still deep in development and does not have an announced release date, but you can stay tuned to the official game site for future updates. Note also that pre-purchasing Reaper of Souls does not guarantee a spot in the eventual Heroes of the Storm alpha or beta tests.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-collectors-edition/113385
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/D3ROS_bonusLG.jpg

Heroes of the Storm is a different game. It's a free MOBA. The pre-order bonus unlocks the demon hunter in that game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]