Diablo® III

retrain follower skills

What happened to this option? When I right click on the portrait this is no longer there. Is there a different way to retrain them now?
Reply Quote
just go to town and while in town change their skills. its instant. no need to respec.
Reply Quote
How do I change them though?

I can't find the retrain/reset skills option that used to be there. Not mine, but the follower's.
Reply Quote
Just choose the other skill. You dont need to reset it. Just change it.
Reply Quote
All you do is click on the skill you want now.
Reply Quote
Ooof. UI design fail. Looked at it, saw what appeared to be a disabled button and didn't bother clicking it.

Thanks y'all.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/07/2014 10:12 AMPosted by krustyfur
What happened to this option? When I right click on the portrait this is no longer there. Is there a different way to retrain them now?

The first time I had to retrain my followers after the patch I was a little confused, too. All you have to do is open up the follower's window (F key by default), and left click on the skill you want them to use. You no longer have to right click their portrait and click the retrain option like you used to.
Reply Quote
What about if you don't want them using one of the trained skills? For instance the scoundrel with a wind bow you want to use for knock backs, you may want him only using multi shot and anatomy.
Reply Quote
You don't even have to do it in town. I recall retraining the enchantress after an elite fight because erosion caused far too much lightning enchanted spam.
Reply Quote
*swoon* A blue response.

Grimiku, all I saw was a bunch of disabled buttons that gave no immediate feedback to being usable, and no option to retrain in the right click menu like we used to have. I think that removing that option is great as it simplifies things a lot, but the buttons need to provide a cue that they are still operational in some way when they aren't the active choice.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Ashleigh
You don't even have to do it in town. I recall retraining the enchantress after an elite fight because erosion caused far too much lightning enchanted spam.

Is that was that is? I die to spam chain lightning all the time. Thought it was something she did
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 03:11 PMPosted by Grimiku
03/07/2014 10:12 AMPosted by krustyfur

The first time I had to retrain my followers after the patch I was a little confused, too. All you have to do is open up the follower's window (F key by default), and left click on the skill you want them to use. You no longer have to right click their portrait and click the retrain option like you used to.

Thx i new this, what about the set item we give to our followers, bonus sets don't show up?
whats the point giving your follower set item s if they don't work?
thx.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Jane
What about if you don't want them using one of the trained skills? For instance the scoundrel with a wind bow you want to use for knock backs, you may want him only using multi shot and anatomy.

I have this problem too. I was using a lvl 70 bow on my Scoundrel to see how good it was and selected an option on the first skill, but now I want to re-equip my old Buriza on him, and he is stuck with the first skill selected. He can freeze far better if the first skill is not used at all. I want to be able to not have any skill selected as I was able to before the patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]