Diablo® III

Question : guaranteed legendary item on Diablo kill

Hello,

The new patch note says :

- The Skeleton King no longer drops a Legendary item after using the "Reset Quests" button for level 60 characters.
- This bonus has been moved to Diablo for level 60 characters

Will this guaranteed item drop for characters higher than level 60 too ? I mean, if I don't need more items now, can I do it at lvl 70 and get my item ?

Thanks
Reply Quote
I'd assume it would be the final boss in act 5 for level 70s.
Reply Quote
Odds are the goal line will be pushed back to end of Act 5 when RoS launches, because they want it on the last boss, which would encourage players to quest reset and run the whole campaign over.
Reply Quote
I don't understand why this got so much focus. It doesn't matter what boss its on since in order to re-set quests you have to complete all quests in the entire campaign.

They could have it drop off the first zombie in tristram and you'd still end up with the same number of guaranteed legendaries and the same amount of time invested.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if 1 legendary drop is worth running the whole game for. I can run Barracks 2-3 times in a row and almost be guaranteed a legendary drop.... which takes far less time than running the whole game from start to finish.
Reply Quote
When they open rifts and bounties, in RoS, I know I will care less about reset legs than I do now... and I barely care now. I get most of my legs while farming keys.
Reply Quote
I was leveling monk and got 3 legendaries in about... 2 minute frame. Why would I bother resetting.

And as someone correctly pointed out, you need to finish entire campaign anyway. Doesn't matter what drops it. Be it the first zombie chewing on a corpse near that sign you start at or diablo.
Reply Quote
03/11/2014 11:12 AMPosted by Lokken
I don't understand why this got so much focus. It doesn't matter what boss its on since in order to re-set quests you have to complete all quests in the entire campaign.

They could have it drop off the first zombie in tristram and you'd still end up with the same number of guaranteed legendaries and the same amount of time invested.

My ni...

;)
Reply Quote
I don't get the big deal of this? All that work to get 1 leg? Yea legs drop way too often obviously.....
Reply Quote
Am I the only one that never saw legs drop from SK even after 2 resets. I got legendary rings/gloves but no legs.
Reply Quote
Doing the same single area over and over becomes boring. Also the guaranteed drop in a full run is not the only drop you'll get. Most likely you'd get at least 2 or 3 additional ones.
So, while I like to clear keeps sometimes for a couple hours, afterwards I want to do a full run. The guaranteed leg is a nice incentive.
This will change in ROS anyways.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
03/11/2014 11:12 AMPosted by CrazyCanuck
I'm not sure if 1 legendary drop is worth running the whole game for. I can run Barracks 2-3 times in a row and almost be guaranteed a legendary drop.... which takes far less time than running the whole game from start to finish.

Even assuming you're correct here, I think many many people feel that running the same area over and over - even if it has the best legendary rate - just isn't enjoyable.

Personally, I like having a whole bunch of different areas to play through. That's why I like my guaranteed 'reward' at the end, after running through each zone. It is appreciated.

And if you want to running the Barracks over and over because you get a faster legendary rate, that's okay, too. That option is still there. :)

Have a good day.
Reply Quote
03/11/2014 11:25 AMPosted by Sogeking
Am I the only one that never saw legs drop from SK even after 2 resets. I got legendary rings/gloves but no legs.

Wat? Legs = Legendaries.
Reply Quote
I'm asking because I got 10 chars, and if it doesn't work at level 70 I'll do it tomorrow (I assume the patch will count as a quest reset and I'll be able to get my items) with my lvl 60 chars. If it does work at lvl 70, I'll just do it when I'm there to get a little boost.

I'm asking because I don't intent to do the whole campaign for only one item. I have one shot only, and if I can use it later I will. :)

Would be nice to have an official answer !
Edited by juggernauth#2694 on 3/11/2014 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/11/2014 11:28 AMPosted by undeadlemur
03/11/2014 11:25 AMPosted by Sogeking

Wat? Legs = Legendaries.

haha WOW....!@#$ing acronyms get me every time. I really thought people where talking exclusively about pants...
Reply Quote
Still no answer from Blues ?
Reply Quote
Well the way it works right now is that guaranteed legs drop for each of the 4 bosses from 1-59. When you hit 60, the guaranteed drop only happens on Diablo. So if they follow the same formula for RoS, then 1-69 should guarantee leg drops from all 5 bosses, and when you hit 70, only drop from a5 boss.

But we'll need to wait and see if that's the case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]