Diablo® III

[NEW] 3/13 - Issues Creating Game / Latency Reports

(Locked)

Yeah i'm getting a flawless internet connection otherwise. Doing a trace route to the servers shows a 100ms ping on the first AT&T server encountered but under 25ms for all others before it. AT&T get your fecal matter together.
100 Human Monk
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes, but there's a difference between pouting like children and alerting the devs to issues. You're right, there is nothing wrong with bringing these issues to the devs' attention, but crying about it and then saying how terrible this game is (like most "criticizers" do) only makes people even more unwilling to help. All it takes is saying, "I can't log on for ________ reason," instead of saying, "RAWR You're game is terribad! Why can't everything work perfectly all the time!? Rant rant rant." It's just pathetic and disappointing that people can't have at least some semblance of candor.

First off I was not ranting nor crying like a child. Where did you get that from my post? Second I was trying to point out to the OP that I quoted as I am going to point out to you. Trolling is unnecessary. Name calling is as well. You should read Code of Conduct here: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct before you continue to post.

I wasn't singling you out. I was just making a point. It's not my problem if you're being sensitive. Besides, I'm not trolling you, but if you feel that I am, that's not my problem. I know what trolling is— I'm rather good at it in WoW—but that was not my intention.
Edited by Feanen#1728 on 3/13/2014 11:33 PM PDT
03/13/2014 11:25 PMPosted by mysticrhino
Blue response:

We are sunshine and happiness over here that you all are reporting to us and keeping us appraised of the situation. Allow us to blow sunshine up your @%% and make you think we have things well in hand without actually giving you any concrete details. For reals though, we don't know what the hell is going on, but because our letters are in blue, you think we care. Thanks for thinking that.

Player response:

Make the damn game work or let us play offline.

You are my hero.
getting error code 395002 now when itry to log in :/ game cant find my hero.
So... is it still terrible?
i can make game now. just got high latency. but can't join others.
Community Manager
Hey all,

We believe we identified the primary source of the issue affecting game creation, as well as the ability to join existing games. We've implemented a fix in the last few minutes and believe that players should now be able to create and join new games without any problems.

We'd love for players to log back in and give this a test; if you continue to experience difficulty creating/joining games, please let us know.

An important note, though: Due to the nature of this specific issue, some players may unable to join existing games (games that were created before we resolved the issue). However, you shouldn't have any issues creating new games.

Thanks!

03/13/2014 10:48 PMPosted by iBleedoranGe
When do you sleep?

One does not simply sleep when there's a game launch < two weeks away!
Edited by Lylirra on 3/13/2014 11:38 PM PDT
Legendary Lylirra! Thanks :)
Here's the thing about "Always On" DRM: it will NOT be practical until the following two things happen:

1. EVERY computer that's connected to the Internet is connected via FTTM (Fiber To The Modem). This will be the only way to have ABSOLUTELY reliable Internet connectivity (not to mention a SUPERFAST one). FTTM would mean that EVERY bit of Internet cabling would be fiber optic only (this means NO coaxial cabling AT ALL). This would include the cable that goes from the wall jack to the modem being a fiber optic cable. I do not think that there will be universal FTTM until at least 20 years in the future.

2. Servers are hot-updateable. This means that servers would NOT need to be taken down to receive software or even HARDWARE updates/upgrades.

So, until these two things happen, Always-On DRM will NOT be practical; and will be every gamer's bugbear!
Everything seems fine now, thanks Lylirra and other blizzard people!
gonna test it out now
Thank you so much, seems to be doing okay! For me at least
03/13/2014 11:42 PMPosted by Skullcaller
EVERY computer that's connected to the Internet is connected via FTTM (Fiber To The Modem). This will be the only way to have ABSOLUTELY reliable Internet connectivity (not to mention a SUPERFAST one). FTTM would mean that EVERY bit of Internet cabling would be fiber optic only (this means NO coaxial cabling AT ALL). This would include the cable that goes from the wall jack to the modem being a fiber optic cable. I do not think that there will be universal FTTM until at least 20 years in the future.

The internet sucks. Every game networking article ever has that sentence in it somewhere. That's why games, even now, trying to avoid using over 64kbps if at all possible. Frankly, I'd love fiber optic everywhere, I had it on my college campus. But it's just not pratical, and unless there's a push for ISPs to do it, you're right in saying it will take at least 20 years.

03/13/2014 11:42 PMPosted by Skullcaller
Servers are hot-updateable. This means that servers would NOT need to be taken down to receive software or even HARDWARE updates/upgrades.

ArenaNet copyrighted their solution to that. It likely won't happen in the near future for any other game.
Edited by Psion#1793 on 3/13/2014 11:50 PM PDT
still in game rubber banding and latency/lag issues while playing.
Games create fine now though, that's one milestone!
I am still unable to create a new game, resume a game in progress, or join a friend's game. Please help!
I'm 4 for 4 on joining games now, with no lag. Seems to be back to normal for me, so I wanted to say thanks for putting the time in and getting a fix out.
03/13/2014 11:49 PMPosted by Psykeres
I am still unable to create a new game, resume a game in progress, or join a friend's game. Please help!

works now for me.

try clearing bnet cache : https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/delete-the-battlenet-cache-folder
Cleared cache, still can't play at all. Getting error 300008 with code 7.
Thanks! In spite of all the grief you guys take when there are issues, you still put the time in to fix the problems so many complain about. I worked in tech support, so I know how things work from your end. Cheers!
Cant create game.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]