Diablo® III

Will You make a male or female crusader? And why?

I'll be going male. Probably female for Hardcore later.
Reply Quote
I see what you did there ;)
Reply Quote
How sad to se people having fantasies with pixels created by guys like Jay Wilson.
Reply Quote
I've always rolled up males, mainly because I'm an old EQ player. That was my first and last attempt at a female character. I got tired of getting hit on all the time, when all I wanted was to spend the ensuing several years of my life looking at a more attractive postieror than my own.

At first I thought it was hilarious. But after awhile, sitting there crafting or whatever and getting a tell which consisted of "hey come get at meh babygirl" only to look up and see a dwarf with a giant wart on his bulbous nose, sitting in my lap, all in full 1999 graphics glory, got old pretty fast.

Yeah. Males ever since.

B
Reply Quote
All my characters have a male and a female counterpart. I consider them related in a family sense. The males are always my dynamic builds and the females are always my defensive and magic/gold finding builds. The males tend to die more often, but the females get less playtime in interesting and challenging places although my females will be the scouts in act 5. As far as softcore goes,I would never subject any of my characters to that mode of play.
Reply Quote
Male because big!
Reply Quote
View profile
I think I will roll a male. With the original 5 classes I rolled a male Barb, male WD, female Monk, female Wiz, and female DH. Now it will be 3 of each gender, and I figure I have a female blonde already in the Monk. *Shrugs*
Reply Quote
Probably male, but I'm not sure.

My DH, Wiz, and Monk are all female and I like em. My WD and Barb are male. I guess the male crusader would even em out.

In MMOs I usually play female characters. I just like looking at chicks more.
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 08:49 AMPosted by Nevalistis
I always enjoy seeing the reasons people choose to play one over the other. :)

Personally, I've been very conflicted on this. Voice is usually my deciding factor, but both Gideon Emery and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn did fantastic jobs with their respective Crusaders! On a related note, they were [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13290656/crusader-voice-acting-interview-with-blizzpro-3-13-2014"]recently interviewed[/url] over on Blizzpro, along with our casting and voice over director Andrea Toyias and our lead writer Brian Kendregan. There's some great insight on their acting behind the Crusader (as well as some hilarious shenanigans), so do give it a watch/listen!

Back on topic, ultimately I'll end up having both, likely one for normal and one for Hardcore. But deciding which one's first? I'll be mulling on that for a while!

Feel good threads are nice and all, but I think I speak for many here in saying we would much rather you spent your time updating us on the extreme lag issues. The crusader can not be used yet, but that is irrelevant because the game can not be played properly either.
Reply Quote
27 Draenei Paladin
since I have collector's edit, getting +3 char slots, I'll probably make 1 male and 1 female, and reroll all my old chars only getting 2.0 loot.
Reply Quote
Male, just to give him that big bulky tank look, beings I am planning on going very tank heavy with crusader!
Reply Quote
Female. For balance of numbers. Wizard, Barbarian, and WD = Male DH, Crusader, Monk = Female
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 08:49 AMPosted by Nevalistis
I always enjoy seeing the reasons people choose to play one over the other. :)

Personally, I've been very conflicted on this. Voice is usually my deciding factor, but both Gideon Emery and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn did fantastic jobs with their respective Crusaders!

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.. like, from Silent Hill?
Reply Quote
Female, because all my characters are female. I'm not sure why I went in that direction. I guess I just like the models better?

I will say that i originally leveled a male barb and female everything else, and considered a male crusader. I suppose it seems more believable that a male could function in huge armor and swing heavy !@# weapons, whereas females work for every other class because they are either mostly dextrous or magic based. Then I said "eh, screw it, she's a nephalem, she can do what she wants" and now use the female barb, haha.

Gotta say I'm disappointed in the childish responses questioning masculinity of dudes who play girls. It's a game.
Edited by Chas#1850 on 3/14/2014 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The female demon huntress is by far the best looking of all male/female classess for me. She is tiny and mean looking and dressess like shes ready for whatever. The male barb looks much better than the tiny frenchmen or stomach gut Witch or the skinny bald monk.
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 02:54 AMPosted by BlackKnight
I usually make male characters in games as I see the character as an avatar of me. It's meant to represent me. That's just the way I see it, so it feels strange to me playing a female character.

This exactly. In RPGs like Diablo where my character represents myself, I will play a male character. If it's a story driven game like Tomb Raider where the character doesn't represent me, I don't mind playing a female character.
Reply Quote
Female because:

1. All my chars are always female. Yeah I know, I'm weird.

2. Brienne!
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Hunter
Probably female. I heard her from the Blizzcon voice panel and she sounds like a total badass.
Reply Quote
female.. cuz they just look better in armors, the male character in game r too clunky and slow looking with huge shoulder and what not

the only male i like is the monk with vanishing dye on the body cuz he looks badass with the tattoos
Edited by Kingki#1872 on 3/14/2014 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Both, but probably also Male HC one, this time you chose voices perfectly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]