Diablo® III

Will You make a male or female crusader? And why?

lol @ this thread.

I typically make whatever character looks or sounds best to me. For instance, I made a male barb & monk (BEARD), but (mainly due to the voice actress) I made a female wizard. I have no problems playing either.

Edit: Oh and to the original topic, I haven't decided which Crusader I'll make yet, leaning toward male so far.
Edited by SynAck#1180 on 3/14/2014 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 09:06 AMPosted by Alucardrx
How sad to se people having fantasies with pixels created by guys like Jay Wilson.

Odd that you assume "fantasies" has anything to do with it.

(Also odd that you think "pixels" is anything different from charcoal, wood, stone, ink, oil paints, words, or photographic paper - all the things that people have used over the past 1000+ years to make representations of things for reasons both erotic and not. /shrug It's interesting, the things you learn in Art History & Anthropology classes.)
Reply Quote
Female. I am all about the empowering of females. I also didn't like the male character models, they all look like dirtbags and pervs ... well, the male barb was pretty good, but the rest were terrible. So I will do all female out of spite.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
For those who find voice a strong determining factor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08JR58o11XU

Enjoy.
Edited by Ticklefist#1652 on 3/14/2014 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Suspense
For those who find voice a strong determining factor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08JR58o11XU

Enjoy.

Thanks, that actually helps a lot.
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 08:49 AMPosted by Nevalistis
I always enjoy seeing the reasons people choose to play one over the other. :)

Personally, I've been very conflicted on this. Voice is usually my deciding factor, but both Gideon Emery and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn did fantastic jobs with their respective Crusaders! On a related note, they were [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13290656/crusader-voice-acting-interview-with-blizzpro-3-13-2014"]recently interviewed[/url] over on Blizzpro, along with our casting and voice over director Andrea Toyias and our lead writer Brian Kendregan. There's some great insight on their acting behind the Crusader (as well as some hilarious shenanigans), so do give it a watch/listen!

Back on topic, ultimately I'll end up having both, likely one for normal and one for Hardcore. But deciding which one's first? I'll be mulling on that for a while!

Female for SC & Male for HC here. Both VA's are great. :)

On a related note, I was trying to decide what name I would have for my male Crusader when I fired up that video last night. I actually think "Gideon" (the male VA's real name) would suit a Crusader great.
Reply Quote
Female. I am a guy. In games I don't really see the character I'm playing as a representation of me. I cannot be immersed in games in that way.

This reminds me of an age out debate about Monster Hunter and staring at butts.
Reply Quote
I dont see the problem in playing either genders in a hack and slash video game. Anyways, this is what I have for now :

Barb : M
Monk : M
DH : F
Sorc : F

When ROS hits the servers I will most likely start a Cruisader right away and from the different model art I saw I will probably pick the Female Cruisader. I am looking forward to hearing her voice acting as well :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
F for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
03/14/2014 10:13 AMPosted by BagelBear
This reminds me of an age out debate about Monster Hunter and staring at butts.

The last time I stared at my character's butt, I fell off a cliff.
Reply Quote
Won't be playing this game if you guys can't boost 2 handers to make them worth using.
Reply Quote
I primarily play male characters in my own games as I view it as an avatar of the player - but not always. Seeing as I'm not female I identify more with the male characters. I did just make a female Demon Hunter for variety's sake & I have a female Wizard... Because holy crap the male Wizards voice acting gets on my nerves. Actually both do, but the female less so. Overall I think we need more compelling female protagonists in games.

As for the Crusader specifically, definitely male as he looks much more threatening in armor.

P.S. - LOL @ post #7.
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 10:13 AMPosted by BagelBear
Female. I am a guy. In games I don't really see the character I'm playing as a representation of me. I cannot be immersed in games in that way.

Agreed. I just play with how good my build is.
Reply Quote
View profile
Female , i want to call her "Jeanne" because of Jehanne de Vouthon.
Reply Quote
I will also do both. Not sure who I will start its quite a tough choice.
Reply Quote
I like to make one of each, one in SC and one in HC. I like the different voices for variety.
Reply Quote
I indent to make both, but I will probably leave all the better gear on the Male because he looks cooler

The only female character that I use is the wizard.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I'll be playing both, female for hardcore, male for softcore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]