Diablo® III

Severe Graphic Glitching

Count me as another with the problem.

I've only had the issue with Nephalem Rifts so far, and never had it once in like a bajillion hours of playing before the patch.

Early Retina Display
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
OSx 10.9.2
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
03/27/2014 08:36 AMPosted by Schranke

Only getting this in adventure mode

Interesting thought. Having the same issues too, but only started last night when I started playing Adventure Mode with a friend for the first time. Need to quit the game to reset the graphics. Will have to go back to Story with an alt and see if it occurs.

Specs:
MacBook Pro Retina 15 in, Early 2013
2.7 GHz Intel i7
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GT 650M 1024MB
OS X 10.9.2

Some awesome pics:
http://tinyurl.com/ka77o4k
http://tinyurl.com/l2ystkn
http://tinyurl.com/lmj5cfu
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 10:24 AMPosted by Newspapér
Will have to go back to Story with an alt and see if it occurs.

Happens in both modes for me. Was happening after 2.0 hit and adventure mode was still locked.
Reply Quote
I definitely see what you mean about the Highlands, BadLlama, but fortunately, it doesn't destroy my game. I just see patches all over. As soon as I leave the Highlands, I no longer have the problem.

However, whenever I get the issue from Rifts, my game is completely f'ed and I have to exit D3 and re-enter if I want to continue to play.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We are currently looking into this issue.
Thanks for all the screenshots.

We can reproduce this after many hours of gameplay. If you find a better way, we would like to know.
This issue is different from the one where some splats on the ground are flickering.

If you experience this issue, I would like to know the following:

What OSX version you're using?
What's your video card?
How many hours before this happened (starting when you launch Diablo III)?
When it started, did you crash shortly after? If so, please provide the crash ID. (The long number in the crash reporter)

If my theory is correct, this is related to using too much memory address space.
You could avoid the problem by reducing your resolution to 1650x1080 or 1920x1200 and using lower graphic settings like a lower texture quality.

This is not a solution, we are currently working on a fix for both Windows and Mac.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 04:17 PMPosted by S4d1k
You could avoid the problem by reducing your resolution to 1650x1080 or 1920x1200 and using lower graphic settings like a lower texture quality.

Tried both 1440x900 and 1280x800 and it still happens. Have not tried low textures because the game looks awful IMO, but I'll try it tonight.

What's your video card?
When it started, did you crash shortly after? If so, please provide the crash ID. (The long number in the crash reporter)

OS 10.9.2

Nvidia GT 650M with HD 4000 integrated (automatic graphics switching is disabled in energy preferences).

Usually about a half an hour, and sometimes even less with more graphically intense areas of the game like Act V where the whole dungeon is in that fog -- just before Malthael -- it can happen within 10-20 minutes.

The game will crash if I keep playing too long after the glitching begins, but I normally restart immediately because it's unplayable. I would say 10 minutes or so to force a crash.

Next time I get a crash ID I will add it to this thread.

Thank you Blizzard for looking into this issue.
Reply Quote
This is not a solution, we are currently working on a fix for both Windows and Mac.

Did not know this was a problem on both platforms. Good to know because I almost installed Windows via Bootcamp.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
From what I understand, on Windows, you just crash. No funny textures.

Thanks for your feedback, this will help.
Reply Quote
Hi,

decreasing the max FPS and playing on 16xx * xxxx make the problem less often...
its a very random guess but i think this issue happens more often if i play with my friends (monk or wizard) i played today over 4h with a barb and a crusader nothing happens ...

i also set the max FPS to 45 helps a bit but as soon i played with my friend Wizz crash ...

sound wired but maybe it helps...

maybe this helps as well in my mac ox console i find many items like this

28.03.14 01:09:57,510 Diablo III[627]: Diablo III(627,0xa04101a8) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=4194304) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Edited by RobbyBerlin#2512 on 3/27/2014 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 05:40 PMPosted by BadLlama

Tried both 1440x900 and 1280x800 and it still happens. Have not tried low textures because the game looks awful IMO, but I'll try it tonight.

What's your video card?

OS 10.9.2

Nvidia GT 650M with HD 4000 integrated (automatic graphics switching is disabled in energy preferences).

Usually about a half an hour, and sometimes even less with more graphically intense areas of the game like Act V where the whole dungeon is in that fog -- just before Malthael -- it can happen within 10-20 minutes.

The game will crash if I keep playing too long after the glitching begins, but I normally restart immediately because it's unplayable. I would say 10 minutes or so to force a crash.

Next time I get a crash ID I will add it to this thread.

Thank you Blizzard for looking into this issue.

Same OS and Video card...

Nvidia GT 650M w/ HD 4000 integrated
OS 10.9.2

The game works FINE for me except it happens about 75%-85% of the time a Nephalem Rift is played. It starts out small with one blotch and then quickly spreads to cover the entire screen. Usually happens towards the end of the Rift or after the Rift is completed.

I'll edit this post with the error # after it happens again.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
It's not just the 650 cards. Also have issues with:
iMac
27", late 2012
3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
NVIDIA GTX 680MX 2GB
OS X 10.9.2

I've completely abandoned the Mac client and simply went Boot Camp route for D3. Between the graphic glitches galore and the intermittent latency issues on for the Mac version D3, it was just too much.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 06:10 PMPosted by Fermcangetit
The game works FINE for me except it happens about 75%-85% of the time a Nephalem Rift is played.

This is the fastest way I can force the glitch by doing one rift.

Second to that it just happens sooner in certain acts than others (Act I and V) and the best way I can put it without giving accurate times is that I cannot complete 5 bounties in an act before this happens, so 20-30 minutes is my estimate.
Reply Quote
Not that we need someone to say "yeah me too" by well, yeah me too. Earlier in this thread I saw some thoughts saying that there may be a memory issue at play, especially when the available ram is getting full. I think this is spot on or at least close to the issue as if I run the game fresh after a reboot with plenty if free ram things run fairly smooth, if I however run the game after I have working for awhile I will get random texture distortion on reflections etc. I hate yo see this tarnish such a great expansion!
I have been running the game on a late 2013 MacBook Pro. Retina 2.6ghz i7 16gb 750m GPU
Reply Quote
We are currently looking into this issue.

Thanks for looking into this. The game feels a bit unplayable right now.
Reply Quote
Rifts are causing this problem for me - Bounties, campaign, etc. do not make my graphics go nuts. However, when I get a couple levels deep in a rift and we kill the boss, it turns south extremely fast. Restarting the game always fixes the problem. Brand new iMac here with complete up to date OSX.
Reply Quote
Hey Guys,

I have bad news. I run a Macbook Pro Retina Early 15" with 16GB.

I have the same issues as you have. I payed on the Lowest settings, with LOWEST details, it occurred less than usual but it still occured. I was so frustrating that I quit the game and played another game (League of Legends), where i usually have 100-120 FPS. When i tried to play, i had 20FPS!!!!

I restarted the macbook and then played league of legends again, with 80-100 FPS.

What im trying to say is, our graphic cards might have gone !@#$d up by this. Im gonna go to the store tomorrow to have it checked.
Edited by UatderBarbar#2922 on 3/27/2014 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 08:57 PMPosted by UatderBarbar
What im trying to say is, our graphic cards might have gone !@#$d up by this.

Don't worry about that. When Blizzard puts out the patch none of your other games/software/hardware will be affected.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
If my theory is correct, this is related to using too much memory address space.

Would that solution be forcibly limiting certain graphics options based on detected VRAM? If reducing specific options/resolutions eliminates the issue that might be the most elegant way to do it.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote

Okay did one rift without a problem, but the second one it started glitching toward the end. I finished it anyway and about 5 minutes after it started I went back to town and the game crashed.

Crash ID: E8B19C2B-F9F4-4766-95FA-1E288803C0CB
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]