Diablo® III

Do I need to play Torment to get the good leg drops?

I remember in pre 2.0 you pretty much had to be on Inferno to have a chance at the good legendary drops. Is it worth it to blitz thru the Master difficulty in hopes of good legendary/set drops or does one have to play on torment 1 or 2 to get the good legendaries?
Reply Quote
In 2.0, difficulty only impacts drop rate %s. A leg is a leg is a leg now. The only thing that differs one leg from the next is one has a better affix combo than the next. All have the same # of affixes.
Reply Quote
Better affix combo?
Reply Quote
All legs have the same # of affixes, but now that the affix list is longer, and thanks to smart loot, RNG plays a huge roll on what affixes you get. Some are plain bad. Like, a WD looting a crossbow with int, +rain of vengeance damage (a DH skill), and mana regen.
Reply Quote
Only if you want 2H and crappy rings. (nods)

B
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 01:25 PMPosted by GamerJes
In 2.0, difficulty only impacts drop rate %s. A leg is a leg is a leg now. The only thing that differs one leg from the next is one has a better affix combo than the next. All have the same # of affixes.

Do we have any proof that higher difficulty increases drop rate? I have never found that to be true.
Reply Quote
So could a player technically run on Master level and still get the game legendary drop he could get in torment 5? The only difference on torment 5 is a higher chance of legendaries dropping more often?
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 01:41 PMPosted by Stull
03/17/2014 01:25 PMPosted by GamerJes

Do we have any proof that higher difficulty increases drop rate? I have never found that to be true.

I mark that off to Torment still being shackled behind RoS launch. I want to see numbers after they take the chains off before I say either way.

03/17/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Exiter
So could a player technically run on Master level and still get the game legendary drop he could get in torment 5? The only difference on torment 5 is a higher chance of legendaries dropping more often?

Pretty much. The consensus is basically run the highest difficulty you can clear fast enough to call it 'farming'.
Reply Quote
no on the drop it will be to that levels caps i would think
from what i have learned its kinda like time based
so the more you kill the better chance of legendary/set item
and as its got higher chance in the high levels then the time is reduced
so maybe set on points..so a master level undead has less hitpoints than one at torment 6
so you fill the quota quicker
you may get the same item on lower levels but it will have a lower chance of a good roll..i think :)
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Exiter

you can do normal and still get the same leg, untill RoS hits that is
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 01:53 PMPosted by UgLyHuMaN
you may get the same item on lower levels but it will have a lower chance of a good roll..i think :)

nop, same rolls
Reply Quote
From my plays
Torment 1 vs Torment 4 there is an increase in all item drops. However in order to see the difference you will need to be able to clear Torment 4 just as fast as you can with Torment 1.

The Legs do however scale with Torment level. Here just an example
T1 gloves 300str
T2 gloves 320str
...ect

The higher the torment the higher the quality. This info was gathered by a beta streamer that saw that has the difficulty raised the quality of the rolls would increase. Whether this is still true or not I don't know but it's some thing to think about.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Barquiel

The Legs do however scale with Torment level. Here just an example
T1 gloves 300str
T2 gloves 320str
...ect

The higher the torment the higher the quality. This info was gathered by a beta streamer that saw that has the difficulty raised the quality of the rolls would increase. Whether this is still true or not I don't know but it's some thing to think about.

Umm, it isn't. It is just a RNG side effect. Look at any item in the game guild and you see a stat range. It is just as likely to get a 320 glove in T1 as it is in T2.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
03/17/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Exiter
I remember in pre 2.0 you pretty much had to be on Inferno to have a chance at the good legendary drops. Is it worth it to blitz thru the Master difficulty in hopes of good legendary/set drops or does one have to play on torment 1 or 2 to get the good legendaries?

It's up to you to decide if you want to rush towards a particular difficulty, but I can let you know that items found in higher difficulties aren't inherently better than those found in lower difficulty settings. For example, a level 60 Azurewrath found in Normal will roll at the same level as a level 60 Azurewrath found in Torment VI. I should also point out that there are some Legendary items that are only found in Torment+ difficulties, but that doesn't start happening until level 70.
Reply Quote
[quote="120882915540"]For example, a level 60 Azurewrath found in Normal will roll at the same level as a level 60 Azurewrath found in Torment VI.

Hehe I like it. :D
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 05:14 PMPosted by zeroxxx
[quote]
For example, a level 60 Azurewrath found in Normal will roll at the same level as a level 60 Azurewrath found in Torment VI.

Really, you like it? He pretty much confirmed all the good lvl 70 gear drops from Torment + (the plus sign likely being 9/10)
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Really, you like it? He pretty much confirmed all the good lvl 70 gear drops from Torment + (the plus sign likely being 9/10)

Torment 1 is not an unreachable goal. I think it's perfectly okay for the most awesome items to require you to be on at least torment 1. Otherwise, what motivation would you have to try to push for the torment difficulties?

Torment+ likely means "torment 1 and higher" as that has been their idea for a while if I recall correctly.
Edited by TheThodd#1388 on 3/17/2014 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 05:16 PMPosted by Atomsk

they already said that legendary pants will only drop in torment 1 and up
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Grimiku

It's up to you to decide if you want to rush towards a particular difficulty, but I can let you know that items found in higher difficulties aren't inherently better than those found in lower difficulty settings. For example, a level 60 Azurewrath found in Normal will roll at the same level as a level 60 Azurewrath found in Torment VI. I should also point out that there are some Legendary items that are only found in Torment+ difficulties, but that doesn't start happening until level 70.

What about the chances of drops?, is there any palpable increase between the difficulties?, or it's the same chance in normal than in Torment VI?
Edited by Speel#1421 on 3/17/2014 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Grimiku

what about d3 without ROS? does torment 1~6 + lvl 60 is better than non-torment + lvl 60??
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]