Diablo® III

Loading Issues with Items, Stash Tabs, and Gold

(Sticky / Locked)

Community Manager
Update 3/25 @ 11:40 a.m. PT: Hey all! We've restored missing gold and items for players we were able to verify over the weekend. If you still have missing gold or items on one of characters that you believe as related to this issue, please contact Customer Support so we can continue to investigate on a case-by-case basis.

Thank you so much for your patience and your reports!

------------------------------------------------------------

Update 3/20 @ 8:13 p.m. PT: Thanks to your reports and D3debug.tx files, we've been able to identify a very isolated number of players who did experience gold loss as a result of the missing gold/equipment/stash tab bug. We've developed a fix for this issue and are working to test and implement it by the end of the weekend. This fix should restore the full amount of gold lost as a result of the bug without any work required by the affected players. (Note that you need not have reported the issue in this thread to be eligible for the fix.)

We sincerely apologize for any trouble this bug caused. The missing gold/equipment/stash tab should now be resolved and we hope to address any lingering issues associated with it before the launch of Reaper of Souls. :)

Thank you again for your reports, and your patience!

Update 3/18 @ 7:34 p.m. PT: If you continue to experience issues with missing gear that is not resolved by simple logging out and back in, we recommend attempting this player workaround:

03/18/2014 10:19 AMPosted by SamuraiBlues
I changed the quest and started the game naked on menu screen. When the game actually started I was not naked anymore. Give it a try might work.

In addition, we are also investigating the possibility of providing a special one-time exception for Hardcore heroes specifically affected by this issue to allow for a rollback of the account, and subsequent restoration of the fallen heroes. More information is available here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12162756204

Update 3/18 @ 10:40 a.m. PT: Thanks to everyone who provided D3debug.txt files. These are no longer needed at this time. We're continuing to investigate your reports of missing gold, items, and stash tabs and will provide updates in this thread as they become available.

Hey everyone!

Earlier this evening, some players experienced an issue where, upon logging into the game, their heroes failed to load equipped and they were unable to access or view the hero's inventory, stash tabs, or gold.

This issue that caused this to happen initially has been resolved and, overall, only a small number of players were affected. In addition, there shouldn't be any permanent loss of hero data (including items, stash tabs, and gold) from our database. Players affected by this issue, however, may need to log out of the game and then back into the game in order for everything to reappear. Note that several relogs may be required for all items, stash tabs, and gold to display correctly.

While this issue is considered resolved on our end, we are continuing to monitor incoming reports--particularly those on this forum! If you are still experiencing problems related to this issue, please let us know in this thread. We'd also greatly appreciate if you could provide your D3debug.txt file and bracket it in ["code"][/"code"] tags (without the quotations). This file is located in the main Diablo III game folder.

Thank you in advance for your posts! We are sincerely sorry that this issue occurred and for any inconvenience it's caused. We will continue to investigate your reports as they are received.

---------------------------------------------------------------

[EDITED TO ADD]

If you share a D3debug.txt file, please also note what kind of issue you're still experiencing.This contextual information is very important. If needed, feel free to edit your existing post that includes the d3debug.txt file. Thank you!
Edited by Lylirra on 3/25/2014 11:40 AM PDT
Lylirra, I've lost a dear HC Monk due to this bug - any chance of a roll back on people affected by this? The proof is in the Fallen heroes profile (character is naked).
Feel bad for all those people who lost HC characters because of this x.x

the fact you are saying its (resolved) on your end, means you probably wont rollback alll those people :(

posting this here because you guys are locking every little topic pertaining to this incident lol
03/17/2014 09:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
In addition, no hero data (including items, stash tabs, and gold) has been permanently lost.

What are you talking about?

Those who where playing HC are still DEAD. Unless Blizzard takes some responsibility and is actually helpful, our characters and items are very much permanently lost.
Edited by Rust#1479 on 3/17/2014 9:59 PM PDT
I solved my issue of items, putting them on the AH and canceling them, and send all to the stash, then I recovered everything
HC chars?
Please help me...I've relogged so many times and I'm still without gear :(
What about dead HC chars? Fortunately I didn't lost mine but I know a few people that lost their characters to this bug.
My gear back after relogs but my Gold still gone.
do what I said, put everything on AH, and cancel them, send all your items to the stash, relog with your character and take your items from the baul
You should do something about all the people who lost HC characters Blizzard.
Community Manager
03/17/2014 09:58 PMPosted by Harlemsheikh
Lylirra, I've lost a dear HC Monk due to this bug - any chance of a roll back on people affected by this? The proof is in the Fallen heroes profile (character is naked).

This would be something best addressed by our Customer Support staff on an individual basis rather than us Community Managers :) While I can't make any guarantees or promises (since I am not Customer Support representative myself and our policy on the whole is to not restore Hardcore heroes), if you'd like to see if it's possible to have a Hardcore hero restored in this situation, then you're welcome to reach out through one of the contact methods listed here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/
Edited by Lylirra on 3/18/2014 10:18 AM PDT
I don't play HC, but i'm seeing a lot of HC people getting affected by this. I really hope something is done for them.
Community Manager
03/17/2014 10:02 PMPosted by SiG226
Please help me...I've relogged so many times and I'm still without gear :(

03/17/2014 10:03 PMPosted by tothewind
My gear back after relogs but my Gold still gone.

Thanks! If you're still experiencing issues, can you please provide your D3debug.txt file. This file is located in the main Diablo III game folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------

[EDITED TO ADD]

If you share a d3debug.txt file, please also note what kind of issue you're still experiencing. This contextual information is very important.

If need be, please feel free to edit your existing post that includes the d3debug.txt file. Thank you!
Edited by Lylirra on 3/17/2014 10:27 PM PDT
03/17/2014 10:04 PMPosted by dakkashi
do what I said, put everything on AH, and cancel them, send all your items to the stash, relog with your character and take your items from the baul

Most of them are BOA...I can't auction them.
Where can we submit this txt file? Obviously we can't copy and past because it exceeds 50000 characters.

Btw, since it only affected a "small" amount of players. Don't you think it would be right to rollback the lost HC characters due to this?
03/17/2014 10:00 PMPosted by TeeRog
How will they be compensated?

It sucks to lose a character in HC.. but you really can't be "compensated" for the loss of pixels you don't own.

At best you can hope for an acknowledgement that you were inconvenienced, but i doubt you will get anything beyond an apology.

Let's be realistic... the ONLY thing that can make up for the loss of the character due to a bug or server malfunction is the character itself being revived and that isn't likely to happen.

Question though... how do you lose an HC character that was naked? Don't you log in and find your character naked? Did that happen and then you all just went out into the meatgrinder naked for fun? Or did the game suddenly glitch while you were fully geared then you're totally naked?
Edited by briarben#1697 on 3/17/2014 10:10 PM PDT
thx for ur reponse.

still got no gold recovery. stash ok, gear ok

just b4 network disconnect message.
http://i.imgur.com/tfNJVeJ.jpg

after relogg'n
http://imgur.com/QcOnmot
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]