Diablo® III

Pools of Reflection Carry Over to ROS??

My questions is kind of odd so I'll try to explain it as best I can.

Say for example I want to level my Demon Hunter first in ROS. So I am playing my Wizard and Barb currently while waiting for release. Everytime I get a Pool of Reflection I port to town (I'm playing with friends so it get's saved) and log into my DH and snag the pool, logout and move back to my other character.

Does anyone know if we will be able to "carry over" that experience to ACTUAL levels, not paragon in a week when ROS actually releases?
Reply Quote
Yes.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
03/17/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Vermithrax

Say for example I want to level my Demon Hunter first in ROS. So I am playing my Wizard and Barb currently while waiting for release. Everytime I get a Pool of Reflection I port to town (I'm playing with friends so it get's saved) and log into my DH and snag the pool, logout and move back to my other character.

Does anyone know if we will be able to "carry over" that experience to ACTUAL levels, not paragon in a week when ROS actually releases?

In this example your Demon Hunter would have the Pool of Reflection bonus for Reaper of Souls. The buff is not intended to be removed when the expansion goes live. However, it should be noted that Pool of Reflection's only stack 10 times. Here's a bit of info about them from the 2.0.1 Patch Notes.

• Pools of Reflection provide a 25% bonus to experience
  • This bonus persists until you reach a set amount of bonus experience (equal to approximately 10% of the current amount of Paragon experience needed to reach the next Paragon level) or your character dies
  • Gathering additional Pools of Reflection bonuses increases the amount of total experience bonus a character can receive until character death, stacking up to 10 times
  • This experience bonus persists on logout
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hey Grimiku, any thoughts on making pools account-wide to match paragon levels? Seems kinda weird that they aren't.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Swampllama
Hey Grimiku, any thoughts on making pools account-wide to match paragon levels? Seems kinda weird that they aren't.

That would be wild. If one char dies, the whole account will be penalized.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/17/2014 04:06 PMPosted by Brad
03/17/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Swampllama

Or, you know, they could make it so that's not how it works.

:P
Reply Quote
You can get RP bonuses even before Paragons. Therefore, they are a flat 25% buff, whether you are Paragon leveling or not. Therefore, since the servers won't have to come down to implement ROS, it will stay with your characters to help them level to 61 and so on, until 70. You can then start Paragon leveling once again. The buff has nothing to do with Paragons. It's the same effect as hitting a Enlightened Shrine, only it goes away when you die.
Edited by Brad#1628 on 3/17/2014 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 04:11 PMPosted by Swampllama

Or, you know, they could make it so that's not how it works.

:P

It wouldn't be much of a survival bonus then, if you only need to find it once to sustain 6+ chars who can each have their own lives in accordance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/17/2014 04:02 PMPosted by Grimiku
03/17/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Vermithrax

In this example your Demon Hunter would have the Pool of Reflection bonus for Reaper of Souls. The buff is not intended to be removed when the expansion goes live. However, it should be noted that Pool of Reflection's only stack 10 times. Here's a bit of info about them from the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014"]2.0.1 Patch Notes[/url].

• Pools of Reflection provide a 25% bonus to experience
  • This bonus persists until you reach a set amount of bonus experience (equal to approximately 10% of the current amount of Paragon experience needed to reach the next Paragon level) or your character dies
  • Gathering additional Pools of Reflection bonuses increases the amount of total experience bonus a character can receive until character death, stacking up to 10 times
  • This experience bonus persists on logout

Where does it show the stacks? I've looked at the tooltip when I have it active but I can't tell how many I have.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 04:38 PMPosted by Zepheron
Where does it show the stacks? I've looked at the tooltip when I have it active but I can't tell how many I have.

When you have pool of experience buff up. Don't look at your "buff" bar.

Instead hover your mouse over your experience bar and it will tell you exactly how much bonus exp you have left.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 04:17 PMPosted by mikeab7925
why would that be any different than when one character levels, the whole account is rewarded?

One's a survival bonus, the other is not.
Reply Quote
Are you sure they are working as intended? I had a hardcore charachter that have acumulated quite a bit of those (to the point where you level up and it´s already at the max for the next level), and obviously I didn´t die. But I played some softcore and died like crazy just because I could, and when I log on my HC toon again I had no bonus at all.
Edited by Tubs#1911 on 3/17/2014 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Tubs
But I played some softcore and died like crazy just because I could, and when I log on my HC toon again I had no bonus at all.

That sounds very strange.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 04:02 PMPosted by Grimiku

This bonus persists until you reach a set amount of bonus experience (equal to approximately 10% of the current amount of Paragon experience needed to reach the next Paragon level)

This enables high paragon players to get more (bonus) experience than players with low paragon level, because the bonus pool of a low level player is consumed earlier. Unfair advantage in my opinion!
Edited by Groundzero#2578 on 3/17/2014 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Groundzero
Unfair advantage in my opinion!

Really? I'd say they'd earned it. A level 2 character doesn't require as much experience as a P245.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Groundzero
This enables high paragon players to get more (bonus) experience than players with low paragon level, because the bonus pool of a low level player is consumed earlier. Unfair advantage in my opinion!

but unlike low lvl players, they won't be able to stack their exp bonus again and again since it won't be consumed "earlier" and the limit is 10 stacks til death or limit reached
so...unfair...not really, in my point of view only thou
Reply Quote
It's not really unfair at all. Lower level characters will need less experience to get to the next level and the Pools will help push them there. Higher level characters will need more experience to get to the next level and the Pools will help push them there. The end is the same. Lower level chars' bonuses last for a shorter time, but they can level up multiple times. Higher level chars' bonuses last for a longer period of time, but they will only level once every so often.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Brad
It's not really unfair at all. Lower level characters will need less experience to get to the next level and the Pools will help push them there. Higher level characters will need more experience to get to the next level and the Pools will help push them there. The end is the same. Lower level chars' bonuses last for a shorter time, but they can level up multiple times. Higher level chars' bonuses last for a longer period of time, but they will only level once every so often.
No.
What he's saying is that a lv 1000 Paragon person could stack 1 billion worth of XP into Pools Bonus.
A level 1 Paragon person could stack 1 million.

The XP to go from 60 -> 61 is say... 2 million.
Level 1 Paragon person runs out of Pools bonus 1/2 way through
Level 1000 Paragon person still has tons left over.

Get what he's saying now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]