Diablo® III

Torment 6 Diablo

3 Rares, 1 Blue, no achievement. -_-
Reply Quote
You did T6 D with that Monk? How long did it take you?
Reply Quote
Awesome haul, thanks for the update. Be sure to keep us up to date on all your exploits, you are blazing a path for us all to follow.
Reply Quote
Exploits? What?

It took me and my barb friend about 20 minutes, we thought he was going to enrage but he didn't.

My monk has 125k dps unbuffed, and had 2mil toughness with buffs and barb shout.
Reply Quote
saw this streaming, the barb's shadow almost killed both of them a quite a few times
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 08:42 PMPosted by Lithium
saw this streaming, the barb's shadow almost killed both of them a quite a few times

Yeah, because my shadow kept putting Conviction on us and the barb shadow would just unload on us-- he did more damage than Diablo did, lol.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 08:38 PMPosted by Pixystix
Exploits? What?

exploits doesn't just mean "cheating"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exploit
Edited by Zoidburg#1405 on 3/15/2014 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 08:59 PMPosted by Zoidburg
[quote="120890811545"]Exploits? What?

I don't really see how it's relevant at all, unless he was being sarcastic.

Has no one ever killed Diablo in t6 or something?
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 09:49 PMPosted by Pixystix

Diablo on Torment 1 alone is pretty hairy. The shadows are tough. I wouldn't attempt Torment 2 with my highest DPS toon, which is 160k buffed.

I know of several people who have died to Diablo on Torment 1, not realizing he's been made a lot harder recently.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 10:03 PMPosted by vram1974

Diablo on Torment 1 alone is pretty hairy. The shadows are tough. I wouldn't attempt Torment 2 with my highest DPS toon, which is 160k buffed.

I know of several people who have died to Diablo on Torment 1, not realizing he's been made a lot harder recently.

DPS actually didn't matter really, I have 123k unbuffed and it was enough.

We killed him by rotating stuns. The second he started to summon cages from the ground I would Seven-sided strike stun, and if my partner was in the cage he would be let out, if he wasn't then the black spots would stop spawning. When he was in the animation to start shooting lightning out of his mouth my partner would stun him.
Reply Quote
I solo'd him on T3 with my wizard with the optimal battle gear I keep in my stash. Buffed it puts me at about 205,000 DPS and just over 3 million toughness with almost 5,000 healing and about 198,000 life. While I wasn't in any really significant danger it was still a difficult fight which took a fair amount of time. I was a bit skeptical of the claim of beating him on T6 with the monk that I observed in your profile. Still am, really, but don't know anything about the second party member so I can't be sure of anything.

Oh well.
Edited by JamesMMA#1148 on 3/15/2014 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Are there still enrage timers in the game? We must have fought him for at least 20 minutes but never got one.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 10:03 PMPosted by vram1974

Hmm killed big D in T1 a few times and he wasn't that scary to be honest. I'm sitting at 255k DPS self buffed and the shadows weren't a problem.
Reply Quote
03/16/2014 12:24 AMPosted by Xour
255k DPS self buffed

Slap yourself. Of course he was easy with 255k DPS.

We're talking about people with normal ranges of damage.
Reply Quote
Malacite, and everyone else that doesn't have much experience about Barbs and how to properly output high DPS and stay alive.

There are several builds you can do in order to sustain yourself. You can choose my build which I really like at the moment. My old build had Furious Charge (Rune had the 10 rage per enemy hit) and Sesimic Slam (200% extra damage for two seconds rune). I liked it but the Sesimic Slam seems bugged and doesn't hit well around enemies. I also needed to get to things faster, get out of things faster, and move fast and ignore one or two enemies and attack larger mobs/champions/elites on the way.

So the build I have currently is the best one for myself. Try the build out, it does huge amounts of DPS.

You definitely are not ready for T1 unless you have about 1.7m toughness for "comfortable" level of damage receiving from enemies. Your Resist All should be about 700ish minimum buffed before you go in there.

Gear

Your Pants/Chest need to have Diamonds. Rings and Amulets should also have Diamonds if possible. Your DPS will majorly come from Attack Speed, Critical Chance, Strength and especially Critical Damage. My gloves, rings and amulet are the ones I began to focus to build my DPS burst. Focus on stacking a lot of Critical Damage because that is essentially how you kill targets fast. You won't be risking much if you think about it. Diamonds grant Resist All, so taking that into consideration and placing those gems appropriately inside chest, pants, rings, amulets will give you that extra mile to go for more DPS on your gloves/rings/weapon of choice.

Also, you don't need Overpower. In fact, I see Overpower useless as hell. Think carefully about how you want to consume your rage, generate your rage, and do a lot of damage. Overpower is excellent with skills that deal large amounts of damage to many enemies. You want to reduce the CD as fast as possible with Overpower.

My build does a lot of heavy single target damage, and if I needed to blast enemies away then my Hota (Rolling Thunder) it does incredible damage for 20 rage, plus the fact that I get some extra critical strikes from it.

Stuff from passives that say "when 3 enemies are around you you'll get 20% extra damage" or "1% critical strike for each enemy around you" is really terrible. I've yet to find a good way to manage them, probably they're good with WW builds but WW has its own issues when trying to deal with single targets or trying to unleash heavy single target attacks. On a single target, or focusing on a single target, Frenzy outputs more damage than WW even though WW does 275%.

I can't go with a WW build since I don't have a proper second one-handed weapon.

I have my Paragon points into:

Movement Speed
Critical Damage (this is a must for maximum damage, considering that you have about 15%+ Critical Chance)
Life%
Area Damage (20% chance to deal X amount of damage, excellent to output more damage. Great for fast attack builds).

I usually don't hit over 90% of my rage bar without unleashing it during a fight. The extra rage generated would be totally wasted if I can dispense it. When my enemy hits about 40%ish I dispense a bit of rage and use my Warcry/Frenzy to build fast rage, by that time they're below 30% and I Hota them. If they're an end-game boss, they won't die, but they'll take heavy damage. If they're elites or champions, they'll die fast. Everything else gets one shotted on T1/T2.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 10:12 PMPosted by JamesMMA
I solo'd him on T3 with my wizard with the optimal battle gear I keep in my stash. Buffed it puts me at about 205,000 DPS and just over 3 million toughness with almost 5,000 healing and about 198,000 life. While I wasn't in any really significant danger it was still a difficult fight which took a fair amount of time. I was a bit skeptical of the claim of beating him on T6 with the monk that I observed in your profile. Still am, really, but don't know anything about the second party member so I can't be sure of anything.

Oh well.

he streamed it live with a few hundred people watching. and if you didn't know, monks dps is a lot higher than their character chart reads. if he has 123k unbuffed, then calculate in his weapon and bracers which is 35% more fire damage (all he has equipped are fire abilities). his active aura is +20% damage to enemies, and sweeping wind is 90% aoe fire damage around him at all times.

if someone kills t6 diablo before enrage, you know they must do really good dps.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 10:14 PMPosted by Pixystix
Are there still enrage timers in the game? We must have fought him for at least 20 minutes but never got one.

yeah, it is. although i think it resets on diablo for each stage. the last stage is probably around 12 minutes or so.
Reply Quote
03/16/2014 01:12 AMPosted by Lithium
03/15/2014 10:12 PMPosted by JamesMMA

Oh well.

he streamed it live with a few hundred people watching. and if you didn't know, monks dps is a lot higher than their character chart reads. if he has 123k unbuffed, then calculate in his weapon and bracers which is 35% more fire damage (all he has equipped are fire abilities). his active aura is +20% damage to enemies, and sweeping wind is 90% aoe fire damage around him at all times.

if someone kills t6 diablo before enrage, you know they must do really good dps.

I understand all of that, however it's the fairly low numbers across the board that kind of sets of my BS detectors. I'm 100% open to the possibility of my being mistaken however I've also played T6 myself and the damage is no joke. I nearly have more + Main stat from my gear than he does for his main stat and vitality combined as well as the seemingly relatively low toughness it gave me the immediate impression of an exaggerated story.

Also wasn't aware of the enrage timer on D, or at least not aware that they brought it back (if they did, I think/thought they removed it at some point, but also might be mistaken on that front as well). If I knew that I might not have tried it on T3 myself. :P

What would happen if the enrage timer hits, anyway? What mechanics would change in the fight? Just much bigger numbers and a more aggressive AI?
Reply Quote
His resolve and mantra of conviction rune will mitigate 35% dmg, can be coupled with barb shout to reduce it more and crippling wave rune can be added switched in. Stuns interupting D main DPS moves will pretty much reduce kill capability down to 0.

T1/T2 D is a piece of cake. I haven't tried T3 ( playing my way through the acts slowly the last couple of days ) but think I'll be fine. T4+ I am worried about, but I guess T3 will give me an idea of where my monk stands. Toughness is a false sense of security, I can pump up to ~8M toughness still with 100k+ DPS but diminishing returns on resist/armor damage reduction makes it more efficient to use skills/mantras that will reduce the enemies dmg% rather than the dmg% you mitigate.

OP should have frapsed it.
Reply Quote
i think killing diablo on t6 is not hard, u just need enough loh and kite those cages, simply a matter of time, i could be wrong, since i assumed your shadow scales with your dps too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]