Diablo® III

DO NOT RDP INTO YOUR COMPUTER TO PLAY BLIZZ GAMES

(Locked)

Insta ban hammer!

Happened to a friend of mine just today, he RDPed into his home computer to check his auctions and play some Hearthstone. Woke up today to banned cause of hacking.

The blizzard ban system strikes again, and most likely they wont listen.

Now he's stuck with a pre ordered copy of Diablo 3 Expac on a banned account.

CASH GRAB BLIZZARD =)

Be Wary everyone, the auto banning system can take away all your games instantly and without any real way to appeal.
Edited by Killrog#1682 on 3/14/2014 7:25 AM PDT
RDP'd..... through what RDP?

I remote into my home PC daily - zero account issues.

Maybe tell your "friend" to stop botting? ;)
This post should be a sticky as this is serious madness. They banned his entire account, not just HS and Diablo3 but the entire Bnet account is banned for "Hacking" LOL

He hacked across all games apparently, so he lost his Vanilla WoW account too.

Woooow blizzy, bleeding WoW subscriptions = Ban more to get people to make some chump change as they buy the games again??
Botting?? in HS?? Are you some kind of tool?

03/14/2014 07:28 AMPosted by Bòósh
RDP'd..... through what RDP?

I remote into my home PC daily - zero account issues.

Maybe tell your "friend" to stop botting? ;)

Botting?? in HS?? Are you some kind of tool? ;) not too bright are you?? ;) ;) ;)
Random Donkey Punch?
MVP
Remote Desktop Protocol...

Also, this is an inherent Windows feature. Though, I can see how the warden would flag it...
Your 'friend' should contact Blizzard via phone and work out this all out.

Worst case scenario he can get a refund for his RoS pre-order and if they refuse to do that he can just sue them and get more money.
Who the hell uses RDP to get anywhere? I use a remote program daily..Never had an issue.

I have plenty of friends who get banned and swear up and down to me they've never cheated.

They're all liars
Hes caling in now, and all they are saying is that he used an Exploit. They will not unban his account, he has lost Diablo 3 HS and WoW.

They asked him to make a new Free battle.net account...... they are saying buy the games again sorry man....

Blizzard FTL... he's quitting now doesn't give a flying F any more about blizzard games... and this is the second time this happened.

I had about 5 friends banned from D3 cause they played from the same house, all of them were total n00bz no real items no gold either, but we all enjoyed playing together.

6 accounts got banned, and this was 4 months ago. Since then we dont play together from the same house. Welcome to blizzard, when everything is online they can auto ban you and then hide behind their License Agreement of we're not going to tell you why we banned you. But we wont unban you either.
Edited by Killrog#1682 on 3/14/2014 7:40 AM PDT
Killrog, Whenever I see your post, they are something about account banned. Does it seem strange?
Moral of the story... don't trust your friend, he is a liar.

I've remoted into my home computer often since the game was launched to check up on the AH and such. I will take your advice and stop doing that in less than a week though!
Edited by XVI#1681 on 3/14/2014 7:43 AM PDT
MVP
03/14/2014 07:39 AMPosted by Killrog
Hes caling in now, and all they are saying is that he used an Exploit.

Exploit =/= Botting

I'm curious if it was the RDP or the fact that he was abusing an exploit.

RDP is a legit Windows feature. I've used multiboxing software and RDP before and my account has not been flagged. So long as all of the actions are of human origin no rules have been broken.
Blizzard postpones their bans for long enough that it's easy to understand how you might not see the connection between what you actually did that caused you to be banned. Instead you mistake what you did last and think you were banned for that, and then spread misinformation. You were probably banned for something you did months ago and Blizzard just got around to enforcing it. What is the most suspicious thing you've done on your account within the last 3 months? Probably a lot more than just RDP.
He checked his AH and tried to play some Hearthstone.

And don't worry the rest of you trolls, when this happens to you (and it will, and you will be innocent too) then you can feel the pain =)
03/14/2014 07:44 AMPosted by Polaris
Blizzard postpones their bans for long enough that it's easy to understand how you might not see the connection between what you actually did that caused you to be banned. Instead you mistake what you did last and think you were banned for that, and then spread misinformation. You were probably banned for something you did months ago and Blizzard just got around to enforcing it. What is the most suspicious thing you've done on your account within the last 3 months? Probably a lot more than just RDP.

So how does blizzard ban an entire account?? He exploited every game? He doesnt even have a subscription to WoW anymore, and hasnt had one for almost 1 year. mr Troll guy, please you are smart, explain how someone who didnt play WoW for a year, gets banned from WoW.

Do they postpone their bans for years?? Waiting to pounce on the evil doers?
Edited by Killrog#1682 on 3/14/2014 7:47 AM PDT
are you sure he wasn't using an exploit? lol..
RDP uses port 3389 so i highly doubt any activity across that would get you banned. What RDP solution was he using intelliadmin ? Teamviewer or was it straight up RDP? is there any possibility that someone had access to his account that may have used it for botting and it just happened to get banned around the same time he checked the following morning. if you phone up blizzard there typically pretty good at resolving these types of issues. my account was banned in 2012 but they resolved when i phoned them. it was due to someone else who got my password and started botting on my acc.
I used RDP a lot from work during dinner breaks. Never got a ban. A stern look from my boss, maybe, but that's it.

Most likely there is more to this story than you're saying - if it's even true.

Note - used Remote Desktop Manager.
Edited by MoveZig#1527 on 3/14/2014 7:54 AM PDT
Lmao this is fantastic.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]