Diablo® III

unlocking Torment difficulty in RoS, level 60 or 70?

As the title says, I'm wondering if went Reaper of Souls goes live if it will change torment to being unlocked at 70, like it was originally in the beta. I recall them changing torment to unlock at 60 in the ptr, and in current 2.0.3, but I'm not sure this change was made to Reaper of Souls, it would be terrible to get locked to master difficulty until you hit 70.
Reply Quote
trust me bro, u wouldn't be doing torment on the first day of ros. the difficulty lvl on lvl 70 is totally different from vanilla, the t1 right now probably = normal in lvl 70. u probably will spend some time grinding in expert and master for a couple days before u can do t1 in ros.
Reply Quote
I wasn't planning on doing it at level 70, me and some mates are going to start in torment and dial it back to master/expert as we go, we're just planning on doing it for a start so we can speed to max level.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I think it will for newer players. I could be wrong though.

But I think if you already have torment unlocked you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We don't have any current plans to change the way players unlock Torment difficulty, even for those of you who upgrade to Reaper of Souls. If your plan is to start Act V in Torment difficulty then there shouldn't be any problem with doing so. Well, so long as you've already unlocked it.
Reply Quote
I had a level 60 hardcore character that died before the patch. am i not supposed to have torment? because i probably wont be leveling up in torment on hardcore but im just curious why i dont have it unlocked.
Reply Quote
dear raging guy, in order to reach level 61 you must first, buy the expansion and second, wait until release of said expansion.
Reply Quote
Man thats funny
Reply Quote
Don't worry buddy, in Minecraft you CAN get to lvl 61. You're on the wrong forum :)
Reply Quote
lordthomas, just in case you didn't pick it up from gogu, you won't be able to reach level 61 until Reaper of Souls goes live on March 25. Until then, you just need to keep building up your paragon levels. Trust me, they do come in handy.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 12:08 AMPosted by lordthomas
HOW DO, I GET TO LEVEL 61 FOR WIZZARD.IVE STUCK ON PARAGON LEVEL 70.WHEN DO I GET TO LEVEL 61.BLIZZARD SEEMS NOT TO CARE.I HAVE BEEN SENDING MESSAGES TO THEM AND I GET NO RESPONSE.THIS IS THE LAST MESSAGE IM SENDING AND IF I DONT HEAR ANYTHING FROM THEM I WILL QUITE DIABLO 3 FOR EVER AND NEVER BUY A BLIZZARD GAME AGAIN.THEIR NO INFORMATION ON THE WEB SITE ABOT LEVEL 60 AND ABOVE.BLIZZARD I MIGHT JUST BE A SMALL PLAYER BUT I CAN CAUSE LOT TROUBKE JST BY COMPLAINING ON YOUR WEB SITE. IT SHOWS YOU DONT CARE.YOU HAVE MY MONEY FOR THE GAME.

lmao ... made my day you pathetic tard
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 03:19 AMPosted by Betrayal
HOW DO, I GET TO LEVEL 61 FOR WIZZARD.IVE STUCK ON PARAGON LEVEL 70.WHEN DO I GET TO LEVEL 61.BLIZZARD SEEMS NOT TO CARE.I HAVE BEEN SENDING MESSAGES TO THEM AND I GET NO RESPONSE.THIS IS THE LAST MESSAGE IM SENDING AND IF I DONT HEAR ANYTHING FROM THEM I WILL QUITE DIABLO 3 FOR EVER AND NEVER BUY A BLIZZARD GAME AGAIN.THEIR NO INFORMATION ON THE WEB SITE ABOT LEVEL 60 AND ABOVE.BLIZZARD I MIGHT JUST BE A SMALL PLAYER BUT I CAN CAUSE LOT TROUBKE JST BY COMPLAINING ON YOUR WEB SITE. IT SHOWS YOU DONT CARE.YOU HAVE MY MONEY FOR THE GAME.

lmao ... made my day you pathetic tard

Lol obviously trollin :P
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure that once the RoS is released you will lvl as normal instead of para lvls.
Then once you hit lvl 70 you will continue with the paragon levels as before. They did not want to use the new skills that are unlocked at lvl 61 until the expansion came out.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 06:12 AMPosted by dor311
I am pretty sure that once the RoS is released you will lvl as normal instead of para lvls.
Then once you hit lvl 70 you will continue with the paragon levels as before. They did not want to use the new skills that are unlocked at lvl 61 until the expansion came out.

It is amazing how stupid some people are and how confused they are about what happens when RoS comes out.

How difficult is it to realise that once RoS is released your levelling exp is applied normally to the required exp needed to get to level 61.

And then once you hit level 70 you will restart gaining paragon levels.
Reply Quote
You might be thinking your in RoS but thats the loading screen. Its always updated to the new Xpack before it go's live. 60 is cap for 6-7 days. then RoS go's live the at night. So when its live you then can go to 70 then you be back in to get your paragon instead of the xp to level. the reason you may have not gotten a reply from them is the fact RoS is not live yet and 60 is cap. Also all caps do not add weight to it.
Reply Quote

some1 realy believe him ? o_0 Omg how to troll ;) and if its real so juste do your rage quit u don't deserve your LvL 61
Edited by S4V3R#1529 on 3/19/2014 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/18/2014 06:34 PMPosted by Grimiku
We don't have any current plans to change the way players unlock Torment difficulty, even for those of you who upgrade to Reaper of Souls. If your plan is to start Act V in Torment difficulty then there shouldn't be any problem with doing so. Well, so long as you've already unlocked it.

Thank you for the information Grimiku
Reply Quote
I was planning to do the RoS on Torment I first time.
Jolly good!
Reply Quote
03/18/2014 05:26 PMPosted by IMCL85
trust me bro, u wouldn't be doing torment on the first day of ros. the difficulty lvl on lvl 70 is totally different from vanilla, the t1 right now probably = normal in lvl 70. u probably will spend some time grinding in expert and master for a couple days before u can do t1 in ros.

Me and some friends are farming T1 as easy as we did before. Pretty easy i'd say, just that the road upwards will be hard as fak.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]