Diablo® III

Community moderation

03/19/2014 10:29 AMPosted by PappaPia
This Planet guy is full of himself, and is probably patting himself on his own back for being a #!*@!@** in this thread.

Thank god he got stripped of his MVP title.

True, this Planet is the Troll in here.

The point is ingame communities have no option to permanently remove harassing ppl. Its not just about Trolls.
Reply Quote
I find most green posters just to be "suck ups".

Drothvader is about the only one who actually speaks his mind. The rest are mindless robots touting how great everything is when for the most part it isn't.
Reply Quote
MVP
Aside from the blatant trolling in this thread...

I'll chime in and say that the best way to go about this is to have a blacklist. I was unaware that kicking people from public communities was not permanent.

At the very least you can allow them to continue to read what's typed in the channel but more or less squelch their account.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
03/19/2014 01:18 PMPosted by DrothVader
I'll chime in and say that the best way to go about this is to have a blacklist. I was unaware that kicking people from public communities was not permanent.

At the very least you can allow them to continue to read what's typed in the channel but more or less squelch their account.

I beat you to this one for a change. ;)
03/19/2014 10:56 AMPosted by morocka
I find most green posters just to be "suck ups".

Drothvader is about the only one who actually speaks his mind. The rest are mindless robots touting how great everything is when for the most part it isn't.

I smell green-envy.

To there topic at hand... Yes, clans/grouping needs more features added, moderation near the top of the list. Far too hard to remove a negative influence from your gaming experience for good.
Reply Quote
what about a report feature that reports the person to the community officers? with a chat log w/ time stamps?
Reply Quote
MVP
03/19/2014 02:38 PMPosted by TheTias
03/19/2014 01:18 PMPosted by DrothVader

I beat you to this one for a change. ;)

Heh, I've been spending most of my time over in the HotS GD forums. Despite not having access to the game, I still like posting over there for some reason.

But yeah, a blacklist would be about the only worthwhile solution to this issue.
View profile
If your going to use a blacklist, may I suggest that you give players "warnings" first? Like 3 strikes and your on the blacklist? Some people may not be aware of the rules, so it may give people a chance to change.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 3/19/2014 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If your going to use a blacklist, may I suggest that you give players "warnings" first? Like 3 strikes and your on the blacklist? Some people may not be aware of the rules, so it may give people a chance to change?

In my gaming experience (take that qualifier as you will), only very few people use a blacklist on a whim. Most of the time, it is kind of like gaming forums, when you are banned... you know exactly why it happened.
Reply Quote
MVP - Reddit Diablo
View profile
03/19/2014 03:19 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
If your going to use a blacklist, may I suggest that you give players "warnings" first? Like 3 strikes and your on the blacklist? Some people may not be aware of the rules, so it may give people a chance to change.

That would be up to each individual community to decide on how they want to moderate it. Personally I don't think it's needed, if you're going to be blatantly racist/homophobic in a channel I'm not going to give you 3 strikes. I'm not asking for people to be super nice to everyone, just not extremely hateful.

At the end of the day raticus got it with his post:

Anyone who has a public community faces the problem of what to do with people who join and make bad posts (e.g. spam messages).

Currently, we have:

Option A: remove them. They re-join and continue spamming.

Option B: change it to a private community, maintain a manual blacklist and review each request to join.

What's being requested:

Remove them and block re-joining (either permanently or for X days). This involves far less administrative overhead.

We're talking about a really big community here - 20,000 people would involve hundreds of requests a day and leave no time for playing the game.

Something there needs to change, there needs to be more options, hopefully by 2015.
Edited by Nevalistis on 3/19/2014 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How's this:

This is a Diablo III forum. Who gives a crap what happens on Reddit?
Reply Quote
MVP - Reddit Diablo
View profile
This is about communities on d3, you know the things you can join that are like clans? Do you honestly think I would come to the battle.net forums and complain about moderating stuff on reddit?

This is about how to use communities, (I used the reddit one as an example because it happens to be the one I am an officer of) ON DIABLO 3. Read the quoted post by Raticus79.
Edited by Nevalistis on 3/19/2014 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We're interested in potential ways to improve both Clans and Communities in the future, and I appreciate the constructive feedback in here. I'm more than happy to pass it on.

However, I think we should take a step back and breathe for a moment, and allow this discourse to progress in a more positive nature. Please avoid insults or personal attacks, or I'll have to moderate the thread accordingly. Thanks!
Reply Quote
03/18/2014 10:19 PMPosted by Jaetch
You should be able to manually boot people from the community. Just right click the username, hover over the community part, and kick.

It's tedious, though, and I personally don't have the time to sit in the U.S. Wizard community all day, and neither do any of my officers. We just want to play the game and chat with others time to time. Definitely no time to camp the community chat 24/7 with a ban hammer.

But for now, I think the manual kicking option will have to suffice.

03/18/2014 09:27 PMPosted by iBleedoranGe
I wouldn't mind the ability to some how change the color of my text as an officer in the community so that people can be aware

Yeah, that'd be nice. So at least they'll know you have the power to boot them if they don't heed the warnings.

I agree, just boot them and if they keep making a nuisance of themselves, just report them to blizzard and blizzard will deal with it. problem solved.

And yes I did report you for having a post signature advertising non battle.net links. That is against the forum ToS as you know.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 07:10 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We're interested in potential ways to improve both Clans and Communities in the future, and I appreciate the constructive feedback in here. I'm more than happy to pass it on.

However, I think we should take a step back and breathe for a moment, and allow this discourse to progress in a more positive nature. Please avoid insults or personal attacks, or I'll have to moderate the thread accordingly. Thanks!

Add progress rewards for clans like wow has.

ie... a leveling system which requires a hell of a lot of xp but rewards say increased gold find, experience, and legendary drops per level. Otherwise really you still haven't given me reason in this game to want to join a community or clan.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 07:16 PMPosted by theeighthark
And yes I did report you for having a post signature advertising non battle.net links. That is against the forum ToS as you know.

..... really?
Reply Quote
Add progress rewards for clans like wow has.

ie... a leveling system which requires a hell of a lot of xp but rewards say increased gold find, experience, and Add progress rewards for clans like wow has.

ie... a leveling system which requires a hell of a lot of xp but rewards say increased gold find, experience, and legendary drops per level. Otherwise really you still haven't given me reason in this game to want to join a community or clan. Otherwise really you still haven't given me reason in this game to want to join a community or clan.

Excuse me WoW has nothing in it's 25 levels of guild status that would say increase legendary drops per level.

This is over the top and almost mandates clan activity.

Clans offer a private closed clan chat for easy communication and a large base of players to draw from for making team play , multiple member games easier. That should be enough. I do not see the need for more gimmies in regards to clans.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 3/19/2014 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 07:10 PMPosted by Nevalistis

What we really need is a 4th clan rank, or the ability to create them.

I don't want to be forced to either have 10 officers or have so everyone(or nobody) can invite.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]