Diablo® III

Dataminer Rarity

I've read over and over how impossible it is to find Dataminer, but I found him after 30-40 runs. Did his spawn rate get a serious boost somewhere along the line, or did I just get insanely lucky?
Edited by ThatOtherGuy#1130 on 3/20/2014 1:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Le sexy bump.
Reply Quote
Babumpadump.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Your thread annoyed me. At one point the defiled crypts were my farming spot for more than a month yet I never saw him.

I just ran it again. He was there.
Reply Quote
I apologize for my curiosity impinging upon your life. Thank you for your input.
Reply Quote
I did this for 4 days straight a couple of weeks ago...never saw him.
Reply Quote
Interesting. Maybe the spawn rate changed with 2.0? I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes to that effect, but if Suspense just scored a kill, and I got it after only about an hour... then maybe?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
03/20/2014 10:46 AMPosted by ThatOtherGuy
I apologize for my curiosity impinging upon your life. Thank you for your input.

Haha wow. I guess "your thread annoyed me" wasn't the best way to lead. Perhaps "Hey thanks!" would have been better since that was the overall feeling.
Reply Quote
Haha, all good. Congratulations on the kill.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Dataminer is the last ghost to cross off on my Haunted achievement, so this thread caught my eye. I double checked and it turns out that his spawn rate has not been adjusted, and you've just had luck on your side! It's a good question, though. It's easy see why some spawn rates might change with Reaper of Souls and Adventure Mode on the way.
Reply Quote
Strange but I always seem to run into him quite frequently.

RNG, I suppose.
Reply Quote
I've found him 2 or 3 times since patch and haven't even been farming for him.
Reply Quote
I just happened to run in there one time and saw him. I guess I was lucky!
Reply Quote
Get to work on increasing the spawn rate of those uniques in the Caverns!
Reply Quote
Also, there is a community called "A Unique Collection" where people post what uniques they find. So if you lurk in that channel someone might say "Hey, I have dataminer" and you can hop in their game and kill him.

That's how I got that achievement anyhow.
Reply Quote
Dataminer is, thus far, the only Ghost I have encountered. It was somewhere back around launch.
Reply Quote
Is there a way to check out achieves online?
Reply Quote
Dataminer tends to show up before new content gets released.
Reply Quote
I found dataminer during the diablo 3 beta, but been searching for almost 2 years now, and never found him. but since the new update I found him two times already.

This is because I play on Torment 2 and on T2 the unique monsters have a MUCH greater chance of spawning than on T1 or Below. Example the dude called ebenezer samual in the first area spawns 99% of the time on T2 but I didnt find him in like 20 runs on T1.
Reply Quote
Tomekeeper took longer for me than Dataminer, but both took quite a lot of hunting. It's an achievement to find these guys and I like that it's very difficult.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]