Diablo® III

Here is the pvp YOU want

Balanced PvP is a bad idea. Let players gear how they want and match opponents to within 100 paragons levels of each other (just so it's not stupidly OP).

Provide the same rewards as PvE:
- Experience for participating and much more experience for winning.
- Gold payouts and publicly visible rank points.
- Legendaries can drop from opponents. Maybe even drop a legendary they were using. It would be some sweet justice if they were using The Star of Azkaranth (fire immunity) and it dropped for you. Better than an ear, for sure.

DPS and Toughness can be sorted out during development. King of the Hill, Capture the Flag and other modes can be added later. I see a great foundation here, and it's time to put this into action.
Reply Quote
Paragon levels are a poor way to partition divisions as they provide minimal bonuses compared to vast equipment disparities. Also, class imbalances are far more important that paragon differences.

Legendaries dropping from opponents introduces a new duping method and would be exploited.

I do agree with the experience and possibly minor gold payouts; but it would need to be implemented in a way that doesn't lead to exploits for super fast leveling or money-making.

Your ideas are neat but the difficulty in implementing them is far greater than you might expect. There is a lot of work to be done to promote fair play. Probably the simplest fix is to allow PVP with preset characters (fixed skills and equipment that cannot be changed). This would at least allow for a moderately balanced game; but there would be minimal customization unfortunately.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 3/19/2014 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wouldn't expect legendaries to drop any more frequently than PvE, time-wise. I can see the exploit problems, though.

I feel there's some promise here and I hope it can be worked out.
Reply Quote
You could just have ears be a token for a PVP gear vendor that sells PVP class-set legendaries with special PVP effects (rolls random 4-6 properties to make sure its not eliminating RNG...no different than crafting Legendaries really).

The set bonus for your class's pvp set could be at (2) and (4) reduces 20% damage taken by elites for a total of 40%. This would bring the absurd damage down into a reasonable range for PVP without being able to one-shot someone with decent toughness, defensive passives, and this gear on.

One legendary roll could cost 50 ears acquired only through match-making (to avoid people exploiting it to lose to each other for fast ears). This would guarantee participation in PVP. It would thrive astronomically more than it is now.

How do you balance matchmaking? Simple. You could say "matches you with a player that is within 20% of your listed damage" but that is deceiving because skill % bonuses aren't calculated. But, it's about as good as it gets for a match-making algorithm in this game.

Problem solved. Now you have a matchmaking algorithm, an incentive system, a solution to damage/toughness disparity, and a currency. Just make it Blizz. It's not that hard. I thought of all this in 6 minutes. You have a team of 20 designers scratching their heads for months while getting paid 200k a year to do so.

If you can't think of good ideas, at least be wise enough to borrow them from the community. Read forums, listen to your blue staff that presents the ideas FROM the forums. Please. We need more end game than a never-ending grind.
Reply Quote
Duping with a stranger from randomized matchups who cant communicate with each other? Unlikely.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 08:41 AMPosted by Iria
Paragon levels are a poor way to partition divisions as they provide minimal bonuses compared to vast equipment disparities. Also, class imbalances are far more important that paragon differences.

Legendaries dropping from opponents introduces a new duping method and would be exploited.

I do agree with the experience and possibly minor gold payouts; but it would need to be implemented in a way that doesn't lead to exploits for super fast leveling or money-making.

Your ideas are neat but the difficulty in implementing them is far greater than you might expect. There is a lot of work to be done to promote fair play. Probably the simplest fix is to allow PVP with preset characters (fixed skills and equipment that cannot be changed). This would at least allow for a moderately balanced game; but there would be minimal customization unfortunately.

I dont believe it to be that difficult to implement without opening for exploits, you can easily just put a maximum of 3 fights per account vs account per 24-48 hours. Droprates would of course be incredibly low so the risk of exploiting it would be small and it would take months
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]