Diablo® III

Firebird's Finery

(4) Set:
When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 300 second cooldown.

I'm curious if this will work on HC.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 05:57 AMPosted by ProVeN
(4) Set:
When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 300 second cooldown.

I'm curious if this will work on HC.

What's the point of HC if you can revive?

That'd be dumb :-(
Reply Quote
no..

*facepalm*
Reply Quote
Well that's the point. I'm sure people would actually "ab-use" it if it works.
Reply Quote
I would imagine it does, other classes have free "get-out-of-death" passives as well.
Reply Quote
its possible, in the same way that "cheat death" passives prevent death. But yeah that'd be OP in HC.
Reply Quote
I think it should revive a HC character just long enough to be hit by another meteor that kills them again and drives home the point that it's HC.
Reply Quote
Isn't there a wizard passive that basically heals you to full when you take fatal damage? Only has a 60 second cooldown too. I would think that would be pretty OP in hardcore.
Reply Quote
Monk, Witch Doctor and Wiz all have "cheat death" passives that are veeeery widely used in hardcore.
Edited by Kaniran#1890 on 3/19/2014 6:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
HC player here. There's also an amulet that if you take fatal damage, the amulet will be consumed and heal you back to 100% health.
Reply Quote
What is wrong with you people? This set will most definately work in HC and it should..that is the point of the set...otherwise HC gets a set bonus that doesn't work?

Fine...then change the set bonus..but until that happens, HC should never be denied a function of an item when it works in SC. I would even argue that the set was designed for HC because SC players hardly care if they die..

It's pathetic to even play SC but if you wish to do so, please keep your opinions out of HC, a mode this game was destined for.

Good day.
Reply Quote
if you die on HC one would assume you are in a pretty bad spot this bonus would rez you on the spot (not give you the normal "where do you want to rez" options) so you would still be in a terrible dangerous spot.
all this bonus effectively does is double your toughness once every 300 seconds (5mins)
having a 5 min cool down on ti it would be pretty hard to "abuse"
Edited by Zoidburg#1405 on 3/19/2014 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think I will probably work on HC or this set bonus will be completely useless.
Reply Quote
I just acquired my fourth piece and I retain my buffs when I 'die', so I guess I didn't really die. It should work in HC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]