Diablo® III

Suggestion for a real PvP system.

We were told that PvP would be in the game quickly after launch, and I remember playing the death match at Blizzcon. The fact that this game still has no PvP when the previous ones essentially ran on PvP for end game content is pretty silly. The boxes for D3 say something about having PvP content, which at this point is a straight out lie. Regardless, my suggestion on PvP:

Have two teams of 4 in a game. Each game has its own town for side A and side B. They are joined by having the same location for a WP where they can duel. This keeps a size of 4 people in a party, essentially just linking two instances and having them share a WP. No PvE to be in the way at all, strictly PvP. This can be a different game mode, and allow them to scale it as such. If you ‘switch’ to the PvP game modes where you can look for PvP games and the like, all the abilities have adjusted scaling. They could edit abilities to have more proper durations, less dmg, etc without impacting their PvE game play at all. This would keep balancing simple for both sides of the game, prevent people from joining PvE games and ganking players who just want to PvE. Keeping PvE and PvP completely separate removes the downsides of PvP in D2 and allows up to keep a competitive play in D3 while providing something along the lines of End game.
Reply Quote
Yeah, PVP would expand the end-game greatly when it comes to a game that mainly involves PVE solely. The main crutch is that games only are capable of hosting four players. At least eight in diablo 2 made for some interesting variety. But four players to one game is severely lacking when it comes to possible PVP modes.

Oh well. My suggestion would be for cross-game PVP. Like I said, getting 4 people to join a game shouldn't be a difficult chore. Also with cross-game, cross-core. Since people can't die, there shouldn't be any distinction between softcore and hardcore players when it comes to PVP.
Reply Quote
PvP system that I would think could be acceptable.
A queue system would be involved in which teams of 4 would be created either by random selection or joining with partial or full party.

The teams would then have their own waypoint at their base. This Base would be a structure of 4 towers, buildings, structure of something. These towers would have a decent amount of structure integrity such as a lot of health.

So there fourth the players would battle for supremacy by taking out each structure and killing players as many times of course. A kill counter should be installed for player kills and counter for structure kills.
There would be a place for lifetime counter that is displayed near your name in each PvP match to show your prowess. Also achievement structure for PvP as such would be a neat feature.

Another thing could be is that for this to work if you are killed in a series of quick deaths your resurrection is delayed so that the game does not become a stalemate. So I think the idea is solid the design may take some time.
Reply Quote
I agree with OP and others, I would really enjoy having PvP to fall back on when farming gets boring..

It'd also let me play different builds (PvP build would be radically different than a PvE build) and show my gear and skill off to other players regardless of what type of PvP it is.

Deathmatch sounds like a lot of fun, though.
Reply Quote
They should just steal invasion PvP from the souls series.
Invade another player, when you kill him he drops loot(he doesn't lose his gear that would create too much rage. but maybe drops a duplicate of something he wears, that means pretty good leg chances or maybe just random loot).
You beat the invader the same applies.

I don't know about the balance of what about people that don't like getting invaded how do we go about preventing 1mil dps players invading 50k dps players. Those are the details the designers have to decide. But in general the concept I think is pretty fun and fits diablo.
Edited by Holunder#2768 on 3/29/2014 12:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
03/19/2014 07:00 PMPosted by Shelk
We were told that PvP would be in the game quickly after launch, and I remember playing the death match at Blizzcon. The fact that this game still has no PvP when the previous ones essentially ran on PvP for end game content is pretty silly. The boxes for D3 say something about having PvP content, which at this point is a straight out lie. Regardless, my suggestion on PvP:

Have two teams of 4 in a game. Each game has its own town for side A and side B. They are joined by having the same location for a WP where they can duel. This keeps a size of 4 people in a party, essentially just linking two instances and having them share a WP. No PvE to be in the way at all, strictly PvP. This can be a different game mode, and allow them to scale it as such. If you ‘switch’ to the PvP game modes where you can look for PvP games and the like, all the abilities have adjusted scaling. They could edit abilities to have more proper durations, less dmg, etc without impacting their PvE game play at all. This would keep balancing simple for both sides of the game, prevent people from joining PvE games and ganking players who just want to PvE. Keeping PvE and PvP completely separate removes the downsides of PvP in D2 and allows up to keep a competitive play in D3 while providing something along the lines of End game.

Blizzard wants to treadmill PVP like everything else, they've said as much themselves. Because games without a reward treadmill clearly aren't successful. *cough*Fighting games*cough*

What will attract a lot of players to D3 team brawling is the sheer skill that will be required to play it. The reflexes you need will be astounding, and it'd be fun to see people go at it professionally and determine a metagame.
Edited by Vandell#1561 on 3/29/2014 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]