Diablo® III

One Last PvP Tournament Sunday March 23

View profile
Hi Everyone, I and PvP Ladder Clan will be hosting one final brawling tournament before ROS launch.

King Of Vanilla PvP open Tournament will take place sunday march 23rd at 9pm est.

Rules and restrictions:
- first to 5 kills wins set.
- allowed to go to town and change skills and reset cd between matches.
- no leaving arena during match.
- no equipping elemental immunity gear at any time.

Please sign up here and state your name and which class you will be playing with.

Top finishers for each class will be eligible to join PvP Ladder Clan
Reply Quote
The current balance in 2.0 is so silly. There are so many cheese skills and equipment now other than the elemental immunity amulets such as Blackfeather, Danetta's Set, Tzo Krin's Gaze, etc. Cluster Arrow is horribly OP (as you are probably aware) and most other attacks will still one-shot most players unless they are tanky to the teeth like Chucknorris.

Right now, the tournament has already been won by whoever has the crazy new 2.0 items with silly affixes. I don't forsee most DH being able to beat bezurk without Blackfeather; but with Blackfeather, his Danetta's build is strongly countered.

I honestly think PVP is dead until Blizzard does something. The PVE balance direction for the game is fine but there needs to be some adjustments for PVP beyond a 30-35% damage reduction of players for brawling to be more fun like in 1.0.7 or 1.0.8.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well I have been doing a lot of pvp so I know what you are talking about Iria and agree brawling needs work. Despite all that I have been having a ton of fun seeing all the new possibilities in pvp builds and op !@#$ and actually coming up with counters. And I can tell you from my experience that most of the things you consider op or unbeatable do infact have counters.

This will be a no holds bar tournament. only immunity gear will be barred at this time so that people have a chance to show off their supposed op new %^-*. Also I will be using all the data from this tournament to get a better idea of what other restrictions might be needed for a more ballanced pvp format.

So guys please sign up here by posting your bnet tag and the class you will be playing. and Iria I hope you join so I dont face roll my own tournament here. I promise I will play you with some !@#$ you have never seen before ;)
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 3/20/2014 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
chucknorris#1885 WD
Reply Quote
Go ahead and face roll your tournament lol. I probably will be playing FFX HD or possibly farming legendaries instead on Sunday.

Best of luck to all.
Reply Quote
View profile
ahh good call... I mean I would imagine it would be pretty embarrassing to loose to a wd after all this dh is op talk here...
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 02:43 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
ahh good call... I mean I would imagine it would be pretty embarrassing to loose to a wd after all this dh is op talk here...

I have nothing left to prove. We already played twice for a total of over 20 matches. I removed my poison-absorbing amulet after you asked and I let you attack me before I fully restored all my resources in some cases (we did not use your proposed "reset cd between matches" rule).

Next, if you are interested in finding other players to join your clan by means of this tournament, why do you want me to participate? I already respectfully declined your offer.

You are a skilled and geared WD, and I attribute our duel results to the horribly unbalanced brawling that the 2.0 patch has introduced. There is no need for petty taunts to try and get me to participate as I have already explained, the issue lies with Blizzard's sole focus of balancing PVE. If RoS makes it so WD can auto-win against every class and every possible build, well that also will be due to PVE balancing; there isn't a need to be dogmatic towards a certain class or another.

Good day.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey Iria I meant no disrespect. I just want you to play. I dont care about people joining the clan just want to have same pvp with the best players.

If you really dont want to play the tournament than lets go 1v1 at least one more time before ros. after facing you and getting crushed I have now adjusted my build, strategy and gear to better counter your dh style. I dont know if it will be enough to win but I can guarantee you will die at least a few times.
Reply Quote
his new tactic is using a dps build with the shoulders and chest with +15% dmg to haunt and he has his finger on the haunt button ready to one shot any DH that comes down to the lower part of the map.

i don't think it worked too well as i could one shot him several times unlike before.

i also don't think he would face roll any tournament, as long as there is at least one experienced DH like MrGosu around..
Edited by Teo#1471 on 3/20/2014 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Well if you think your friend can do it get em to play the tourney. At this point I think I have played everyone people suggested and said is good at pvp atm and still the only challenge I have found is Iria.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 3/22/2014 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ACEGUN10 #1952 wiz
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 10:12 AMPosted by ChuckNorris
Well if you think your friend can do it get em to play the tourney. At this point I think I have played everyone people suggested and said is good at pvp atm and still the only challenge I have found is Iria.

if you say so...i thought i saw you struggle to score a kill every time you fought MrGosu, even 1 on 1 and you had to tele to town mid-fight to heal a few times. i remember seeing you lose 4-5 times in a row before you could get a kill. but it could be mistaken.

btw, how did your rematch with iria go?
Reply Quote
View profile
ok people add me in game for some pvp ( Chucknorris#1885 ). I dont think we have enough for a full tourney but we will definitely be playing. gonna warm up in pub brawling game. all acts any quest t6. come join.

Still cant beat iria. same old same old. Whats mr gosu bnet tag? I will play him 1v1. set up the match.
Reply Quote
maybe we can match people according to toughness? like in boxing.. just my opinion. im really into pvp. and its probably the only reason why i want to play d3
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 08:03 PMPosted by weakmopre
maybe we can match people according to toughness?

It's far from that simple; please trust me on that fact.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 09:34 AMPosted by Iria
04/03/2014 08:03 PMPosted by weakmopre
maybe we can match people according to toughness?

It's far from that simple; please trust me on that fact.

i have to agree. im just a newb.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 10:37 AMPosted by weakmopre
i have to agree. im just a newb.

Don't be so hard on yourself, you cared enough to post your opinion. Some ideas might not be fully thought out, but that doesn't mean they are fully wrong. Matchmaking won't work since players can change gear in an instant, but equipment balance is something that makes PVP more fun.
Reply Quote
View profile
Actually match making will work and would be pretty easy to implement by Blizzard. Simply match people based on ELO rating of their win rate in brawling.

Anyway ill be posting details on the next tournament coming up soon!
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 12:08 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
Anyway ill be posting details on the next tournament coming up soon!

A ton of things would need to be banned right now. There are so many cheese setups in the game at the moment. The game (PVP specifically) isn't fun anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]