Diablo® III

Is Blizzard De-Evolving?

Blizzard gets better every year. Their games run so smoothly and contain so many little extras people don't even notice it any more. They're even teaching Activision how to expect more and get more from their other studios. Diablo 3 is literally the most successful ARPG in history and it's improving by leaps and bounds. RoS is poised to write a new chapter in game expansion sales. People are voting with their wallets and at a time when spare cash is a precious commodity they're throwing it at Blizzard by the bushel basket.
Reply Quote
Where are the best farming spots in the forum to get better?
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 02:12 AMPosted by Mystic221
Seems they do not know what their players want anymore I mean come on when was the last time they released something GREAT like they use to in the 90's WoW BC??? its been 10 years since something great has returned everyting has been good at best

Guy thinks the 90s were 10 years ago.
Reply Quote
Blizzard went super casual with d3 the card game and that wannabie moba with no items nor gold thing. Lolz
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 04:44 AMPosted by DrunkTank
Seems they do not know what their players want anymore I mean come on when was the last time they released something GREAT like they use to in the 90's WoW BC??? its been 10 years since something great has returned everyting has been good at best

Guy thinks the 90s were 10 years ago.

To be fair I think what he is saying is that Burning Crusade is the last product they released that matched the quality of their games from the 90's. He just worded it in a weird way.
Reply Quote
look up when blizzard joined activision and then became ran by the ceo of activision. blizzard loves to say they have full control of their games, but the facts are once activision got in, they was forced to start looking for ways to milk more money . the focused switched from making a great game to lets make the most money. blizzard started catering to the casuals where they could get more cash but at the cost games. blizzard still tries to make great games but now it is more around money. before they wanted money still but they would not let greedy effect the game. that just isn't so anymore. this is not the same blizzard this is now just activision
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 05:03 AMPosted by drunkie
look up when blizzard joined activision and then became ran by the ceo of activision. blizzard loves to say they have full control of their games, but the facts are once activision got in, they was forced to start looking for ways to milk more money . the focused switched from making a great game to lets make the most money. blizzard started catering to the casuals where they could get more cash but at the cost games. blizzard still tries to make great games but now it is more around money. before they wanted money still but they would not let greedy effect the game. that just isn't so anymore. this is not the same blizzard this is now just activision

They started looking at ways to milk more money as soon as they launched WoW. I can't stand Activision, but Blizzard was already going down that path IMO.
Reply Quote
originally the words out of jay wilsons mouth was that we dont know whats fun, and what we remember was good about D2 is all wrong. I can't help but feel that this is the general consensus around the offices of blizzard, the whole "we know what you want more than you do" mentality.

People can say what they want about LoL, but at least RIOT is heavily involved with community feedback and actively TRIES to implement changes based off it. if people don't like something they get right on it, or sometimes it doesn't even make it to live if there is a loud enough outcry about it... Blizzard on the other hand...
Reply Quote
I like how people love to bash Blizz with made up words.

WTF is De-evolved?

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/unevolved

Derp derp.
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 05:22 AMPosted by Zombie
I like how people love to bash Blizz with made up words.

WTF is De-evolved?

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/unevolved

Derp derp.

Unevolved is the wrong word too. Derp Derp ;)
Reply Quote
Blizzard is listening, just not to the whiny, hate-spewing minority on the forums.

SC2 is a fantastic RTS (RTS isn't my cup of tea though, and I prefer the Dawn of War games anyway), and MoP is right up there with TBC in terms of quality. Diablo 3 had a rough start, but was still a decent game at release (much like D2) and with loot 2.0 & RoS they've managed to fix almost all of the game's flaws, and it's going in a great direction.

Blizzard is just as good as ever, no devolving at all. They've just become too big to keep that 'personal touch' so many people remember back near the end of the 20th century.
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 05:34 AMPosted by Rednecksith
Blizzard is just as good as ever, no devolving at all.

Much denial

Such white kinght

Wow
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 05:22 AMPosted by Zombie
WTF is De-evolved?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devolution_(biology)

03/20/2014 03:57 AMPosted by Majes
I want to agree with the OP, but I think Hearthstone is a quality product. I also think SC2 was pretty good. It's just D3 that they keep screwing up with, and the reason is very simple. They tried to make it way too different from Diablo 2.

I'll agree with this. Not that Hearthstone is exactly my cup of tea, either (I'm not a big CCG fan), but it's well-designed and full of fun touches and humour; and the SC2 team have set a great example with their relationship to the SC2 community, including their embrace of modding and modders (seriously, just take a look at SC2's Arcade to see how much value you can add to a game by embracing the creative talents of your fans). D3 is full of dark subject matter but comes off as overly-melodramatic to the point of campy, "streamlined" its RPG elements to such a degree that it barely deserves to be called an RPG at all, and hamstrung its arguably well-done action components with horribly implemented DRM. It's an ARPG that felt from launch like it had been made by people who either hated RPGs, or who never played any, and 2.0 hasn't really fixed any of that.
Reply Quote
I did forget to mention hearthstone I guess that has some potential
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 02:21 AMPosted by LocknLoad
Op do you even play the game? Or just play the forums??

+1, last few updates have been amazing, high hopes for ROS
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 02:17 AMPosted by MoonPunisher
Everything that goes up , eventually has to come down.

Blizzard has been falling for a looooonnng time now heh.

Blizzard has been horribly falling since they merged with Activision -.-" Since that day of the merge.. they have been too busy making little 5 yr old kids happy on call of duty than actually doing anything for there games -.-"
Reply Quote
As a player, I've enjoyed the hell out of Diablo 3 (very much looking forward to RoS) and Hearthstone, and think Heroes of the Storm looks like brilliant fun.

03/20/2014 05:51 AMPosted by Admant
Such white kinght

Why is the term 'white knight' used in a derogatory fashion? I'd quite like to be a white knight, they sound awesome.
Edited by Steve2911#1994 on 3/20/2014 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 03:47 AMPosted by Saih
Blizzard lost its magic as soon as they attracted the little kids who are from the self-centered generation that has no appreciation or respect for other people's hard work whatsoever and then provided forums for said generation to whine and cry.

\
This x10
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 02:23 AMPosted by Lumm

Firstly, WoW BC was released in January 2007...which is quite far from the 90´s.

Having said that I also felt that Blizzard lost its magic somewhere around the release of BC. However, after SC2 and the Diablo 3 releases which in my mind were extremely polished but quite bad gaming products I must say that 2.0 for Diablo 3 has really made me think they are on the right track again. What I read about WoD is also steps in the right direction.

So lets see if they can bounce back with HotS, RoS, HS etc.

He meant games from the 90's not that wow and BC were from the 90's. It's just really bad sentence structuring.

What he really meant was
When was the last time they released something GREAT such as games from the 90's, WoW, or BC???
Edited by Malevo#1666 on 3/20/2014 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Because Blizzard only cares about money.

They only listen to casual scrublets that ruined the WOW franchise after BC.

Same !@#$ with Diablo. Casual scrubs need easier content ect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]