Diablo® III

How rewarding will Rifts be for time spent doing them?

How rewarding will Rifts be for time spent doing them?
Reply Quote
It depends on if you're talking loot or XP. With loot, like anything, rifts fall somewhere in-between 'Very' to 'Little' on the rewards scale lol. Rifts are essentially RNG-assembled dungeons, so you can't really expect anyone to be able to quantify the rewards to any real precise level simply because they are indeed, random.

But if you're talking XP (which I assume you are), I personally found them to be worthwhile, based off my limited time playing beta. Some rifts were better than others of course, but overall I felt like they were more preferable vs doing the same runs over and over, as the overall XP was similar (I don't have any actual numbers, like XP per hour, to report, so this is just based on my own subjective experiences with them) enough that I didn't notice a huge gap in the experience (overall), and the RNG-nature kept the monotony rather low (and kept it fun and interesting imo).

Most of my post-70 XP and gear in beta came from running rifts actually, and it didn't get boring either. But idk. Rifts can differ so greatly it's honestly hard to say, though personally, once I hit 70 I'll be collecting rift keystones like crazy so I can do as many rifts as I want lol.

TLDR; Rather rewarding imo, though it will differ each experience.
Edited by Rivinhal#1592 on 3/24/2014 12:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So there isn't a guaranteed legendary drop in each Rift boss or anything?
Reply Quote
As far as I know? No, but I could be wrong. The drop rate on the Rift Bosses could be elevated perhaps. I think I'll look that up and see what I can figure out...

But your chances of getting legendaries are going to be the same inside rifts as outside of them for most of the time afaik. Normal monsters will have the same chances as ever iirc.

BUT, there is a chance that your rift will contain numerous goblins (I believe the number was 50 total, but don't quote me on that!) who have a greater chance of dropping legendaries I believe. The chance of a "Goblin Rift" is really low, but it IS possible, so I suppose, in a small way, there is a slightly elevated chance of getting some good drops if you look at it that way.

But either way, personally I'd much rather take my chances in some cool random rifts vs doing normal runs lol. I mean either way your chance is about the same, so why not right?
Edited by Rivinhal#1592 on 3/24/2014 1:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 12:49 AMPosted by Rivinhal
It depends on if you're talking loot or XP. With loot, like anything, rifts fall somewhere in-between 'Very' to 'Little' on the rewards scale lol. Rifts are essentially RNG-assembled dungeons, so you can't really expect anyone to be able to quantify the rewards to any real precise level simply because they are indeed, random.

I don't know what you mean by "real precise", but surely one could say, for example, "they are 50% better than doing the pre-quests in adventure mode in terms of items". Just because something is random does not mean that there is nothing you can say about it.

Clamining that would be the same as claiming that you cannot say how much 100% MF will help you, just because the drops are still random.
Reply Quote
Are they doing something to motivate you to play higher Torment levels? Like substantial reward increases for playing on a higher difficulty?
Reply Quote
I don't think so. There are torment-only legendaries, but beyond that, what you see is what you get, I think.
Reply Quote
Playing easy mode all the time is soooooo boring. They really need to reward the higher torment play to provide motivation.
Reply Quote
Bounties and rifts are Blizzard's ideal end game so they should be as good or better than anything else you can do.
Reply Quote
3 letters for you, RNG

Rifts just offer a different way to go about that elusive hunt
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 09:31 AMPosted by JCourtney
Playing easy mode all the time is soooooo boring. They really need to reward the higher torment play to provide motivation.

Each torment 1-6 you increase it by, also increases legendary chances, xp%, torment only items, bonus bloodshards? i believe, among other things, so there is plenty.
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 09:53 AMPosted by Ellihs
Each torment 1-6 you increase it by, also increases legendary chances, xp%, torment only items, bonus bloodshards? i believe, among other things, so there is plenty.

Not to mention they made it so set items can only be acquired in Torment 1 and higher now since the recent hot fixes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]