Diablo® III

So, how will you be leveling your Crusader?

I was originally planning to just power-level the crap out of him until he hit 59, and then jump to all of the bosses for some quick Legendaries to get him started, but after playing my Demon Hunter lastnight, I was reminded just how difficult this game really is when you aren't intimately familiar with their skills.

So, I'm left wondering; should I power-level him, and risk hitting my face against a wall once I'm actually at level 60 and beyond? Or should I take my time with it, and really learn the character through and through? I'm sort of leaning towards the latter now, but I'm interested to hear you guys' thoughts, as well!
Reply Quote
Ima level him all the way up to 70 normally.
Reply Quote
A play from start to finish in campaign mode. Then I'll do act 5 with all of my other chars, then reroll my favorite solely in adventure mode.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Here's how I see it. I sit down with fresh coffee comfy socks on my feet and 4 Mountain Dews on deck. I log in, select Wizard and play that for 6 months straight. Yup, seems legit.
Reply Quote
wth difficult ? not familiar with skills ?
face against a wall
are we playing the same game ?
Reply Quote
Personally, I'm going to take my sweet time! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do it in campaign or adventure mode, but I'm not going to use any exp items or anything.
Reply Quote
Hard Act 1-5 maybe raise difficulty if it gets too easy. Then bounties til 70
Reply Quote
play with a friend who will wait for me to start his second crusader. puts some cains, hellfire, and go.
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Ren
wth difficult ? not familiar with skills ?
face against a wall
are we playing the same game ?

I leveled my Demon Hunter at launch, and then wound up switching to my Barbarian, who I've been playing ever since. Torment IV can be a bit challenging from time to time on the Barb, but I've not found myself in a particularly frustrating situation (my damage isn't high enough to really hit T5 just yet).

When I went back to my Demon Hunter, however, he just felt radically different. For one, many of his skills are genuinely different, and given how long it was since I'd played him, it felt totally alien to me. Couple that with having gotten spoiled to my Barbarian, who I would consider incredibly well-geared, and I just feel like a fish out of water playing the Demon Hunter now.

I'll still wreck face with the Barb, though; I've just been trying to mix things up a little, so I don't get burnt-out on the Barb.
Reply Quote
Going to get my main to 70 and farm the crap out of what ever Blizz will be nerfing, after the nerfs go out, I'll level a crusader.
Edited by Kyuss#1950 on 3/20/2014 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think I'm actually going to play him full time around. Maybe I'll actually try to follow the story this time around, too.
Reply Quote
I won't. I don't like melee classes, so there is nothing in the expansion for me beyond added progression.
Reply Quote
Going to get my main to 70 and farm the crap out of what ever Blizz will be nerfing, after the nerfs go out, I'll level a crusader.

^^ What he said...One thing I learned is abuse anything that is beneficial to me for as long as I can because sure as !@#$ it will get nerfed pretty quick. That is the lesson Blizzard tough me.
Reply Quote
On the fence about either starting crusader and soloing act I-V or soloing act V with one of my 60s.
Reply Quote
T6 with a level 70 friend killing the mobs (scaled to my level).
New hellfire ring, a nice red gem, and whatever other bonus EXP gear I can throw together.
Reply Quote
Could'nt decide between leveling a crusader or discover A5.. So I found a compromise :
I'll create my crusader, then a friend will invite me into a game with 1st quest A5 to "unlock" that Q, then i'll make a new game and start A5 in lvl1 game with my crusader :D
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 01:39 PMPosted by OldPro
I won't. I don't like melee classes, so there is nothing in the expansion for me beyond added progression.

Crusader is a hybrid melee/range class...
Reply Quote
T6 COTA obv..
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 01:42 PMPosted by NinjaSmurf

^^ What he said...One thing I learned is abuse anything that is beneficial to me for as long as I can because sure as !@#$ it will get nerfed pretty quick. That is the lesson Blizzard tough me.

^^lol
Yup. This is the plan.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I plan on taking care of Malthael with my Witch Doctor first, and then I'll be playing a lot of Adventure Mode. I'm thinking of leveling my Crusader up in nothing but Nephalem Rifts, and that's gonna take a lot of keys. There's probably no good reason to level up my Crusader this way, but that's the plan!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]