Diablo® III

Will ROS beat Path of Exile now?

Do you guys think ROS has what it takes to take on POE head on?

Seeing that POE won game of the year and D3 won absolutely nothing except some sound award that no one cares about.

I am in high hopes that ROS will be able to take away the crown from POE and win GOTY but does it have what it takes?

I tried POE but it does not appeal to me, its 2001 graphics and terribad animations in character movements ruined it for me.

There is something about D3's more cartoon like artwork that suites me better.
Edited by JOHN#12280 on 3/24/2014 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Diablo is worried about POE in any way?
Reply Quote
PoE never beat anything. It's a good game, but it isn't without its own set of problems.
Edited by Zannis#1828 on 3/23/2014 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
POE sold 12 million copies? Oh wait.
Reply Quote
HAHAHA omg POE OMG srsly if you think POE is any good

edit: history friend suggest the game to me saying it is good (which he denies now lol) . anyways didnt have time to play something as D3 (my friend said that) so I didnt try it.
few months ago I tried, played shadow, archer, sion and marauder some only to cruel and some to merciless, however after testing everything till merciless act2 my conlusion it was a total waste of time

its like d2 (as old as) with some theoretically good ideas (stolen from other games) with crap mechanics and poor itemdesign (items were similiar to playing d2 demo alone when you know what I mean) then also that instant dungeon with dunno 15min timelimit (also hidden function control)
actually I could rant over it like 2hours (what I actually did to my friend coz he recomment that to me, which finally leading to his reply that he just said its not a bad game, for some fun. Then I said it is even a waste of space on harddisk he replied that he has already deinstalled the game.)
Edited by Ren#2301 on 3/23/2014 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, PoE would be definitely the better game for our gear and grinding elitists thought their audience is to small to make it attract them.
Reply Quote
beat it head on? what are you even talking about? poe isn't very popular, or good.
Reply Quote
i will pick runescape over POE any day lol
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:31 PMPosted by nvvr

D3 sold 12 million copies because D2 was a thing.
Reply Quote

15+ million copies of D3 have been sold.

^_^

Path of Exile pft......
Reply Quote
Different kind of games for different audiences, i enjoy both of them.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/23/2014 05:34 PMPosted by Xour

Pretty , on its on this game could not sell even 100k lols.

If there is one thing this game shows people , is the power of a franchise name.
Reply Quote
I tried PoE. It's a crap game. Played a few hours and lost interest. Diablo keeps me coming back.

Sorta like how I still play BF3. It may be older now, but I still enjoy it. Basically games come down to ONE factor. Do you enjoy it?
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:34 PMPosted by Xour

Played LOD for years. Don't think there were millions of active users on battle.net ever.
Edited by nvvr#1663 on 3/23/2014 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
D3 is far more successful than D2 and PoE.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:30 PMPosted by Zannis
PoE never beat anything. It's a good game, but it isn't without its own set of problems.

I agree, it has some cool ideas/features but it's way too raw. It's probably never going to be a legit competitor to D3, and it definitely isn't right now.
Reply Quote
They're 2 very different games with very different target demographics. TBH, none of them has much to fear of the other.
Reply Quote
Both games do some things better than the other. I think the big ones are combat/skills - which d3 wins, and atmosphere/economy - which PoE wins. Being free doesn't hurt it either.
Reply Quote

D2 sold 12 million copies on behalf of D3. Let's be real here. If D3 didn't have its name or the Blizzard's logo stamped on it, would it really have sold even a fraction of what it did? Doubt it.
Edited by Hexxus#1912 on 3/23/2014 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I enjoy the itemization and skills a bit more in PoE, but I'm a mobile gamer. My windows machine is stationary and my laptop is a mac, so I end up putting more time in diablo than PoE. I know I can just dual boot, but I'm not always in the greatest place to use a mouse and right click + drag does not exist, windows-apple support breaks it. So if you move the mouse after you right click, it becomes left click again - that won't work for a lot of the skills.

Anywho, I like both as their own game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]