Diablo® III

Will ROS beat Path of Exile now?

03/23/2014 05:27 PMPosted by JOHN
Do you guys think ROS has what it takes to take on POE head on?

I tried POE but it does not appeal to me, its 2001 graphics and terribad animations in character movements ruined it for me.

There is something about D3's more cartoon like artwork that suites me better.

03/23/2014 05:30 PMPosted by Zannis
PoE never beat anything. It's a good game, but it isn't without its own set of problems.

Since i am lazy. Google the number and the success the game is having. Way more players then diablo 3 ever will have
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:31 PMPosted by nvvr
POE sold 12 million copies? Oh wait.

Oh wait 12.5 mill of them people are gone.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:43 PMPosted by Redrum

D2 sold 12 million copies on behalf of D3. Let's be real here. If D3 didn't have its name or the Blizzard's logo stamped on it, would it really have sold even a fraction of what it did? Doubt it.

If you want to talk about "real" then consider Blizzard's advertising efforts and the simple fact that a new Blizzard game would sell regardless of how bad it was.

Sure there are plenty of DII fanboys kicking and screaming, but to assume all "12 million" people purchased the game because of LOD alone is moronic.

03/23/2014 05:48 PMPosted by Therapy

Oh wait 12.5 mill of them people are gone.

They already got their money so no loss there.
Edited by nvvr#1663 on 3/23/2014 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
d3 is an arcade/action game, its not an arpg

why compare different genres =[
Reply Quote
@ Planet: source ?
Edited by ZzSikkzZ#1965 on 3/23/2014 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
facepalm
can everybody who praise POE pls leave D3 now and play POE
I highly doubt that anyone who played D3 will endure POE more than 4 months
and to intensify that experience I suggest to play a melee char not with str as main stat
best choice try to play shadow

another annoying I just remembered, looking for wp and activating them
first not in every region is a wp (but you dont know) so you have to enter a region and instantly go back so that you actually can see if there is wp (on the map) ... lol second the search itself (fun with multistage dungeons) then last the activation which is not visible so to make sure you port to town and back (this should be patch as I have read somewhere)
Edited by Ren#2301 on 3/23/2014 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

i guess you must like all the garbage on MTV.
Reply Quote
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/path-of-exiles-success-shows-players-appreciate-ethical-microtransactions

Read this without laughing. There's so much hidden bashing in here it's ridiculous. Look at the title.
Reply Quote
PoE was a FOTM game, period. Its moment in the sun is pretty much over and, while it still retains a healthy population, it's no threat whatsoever to D3.

It's good for a free title made by amateurs but the clunky combat, overly and unnecessarily obtuse 'skill tree', inflexible skill system, lackluster loot, and endgame consisting of grinding for randomly generated loot to modify with randomly dropped 'crafting materials' which randomly modify said random loot with random attributes... yeah, it's a whole mess of RNG, lol. Really the only things it has over D3 are the races & leagues (which are fun until you die due to the irreparable desync).

Even a year after launch, D3 had far more players than PoE will ever have, period. People who claim otherwise are the same folks who try to tell everyone that Obamacare is popular...
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:50 PMPosted by Planet
POE has the trust of their player base, Activision/Blizzard do not. You tell me who has won and who hasn't.

Yeap , people too often forget about this.

"fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me"

People got D3 because of D2 , that is all there is to it. But that !@#$ aint going to work on a D4.
Reply Quote
If PoE had D3 graphics + feel of combat + no desync,

It was bye bye Diablo a long time ago.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:39 PMPosted by SOC
D3 is far more successful than D2 and PoE.

That must be the very reason D3 is praised as the epitome of the ARPG genre to this date and literally an entire generation of games was only know to it as pale clowns and never achieved to get its high quality standard is design and execution. That is the very reason D3 has/had a very dedicated mod community that managed to create several major overhauls that were just stunningly good (i.e. Median/Eastern Sun). D3 took what made its predecessor great and enhanced the formula, staying true to the franchise but also the expectations of its customers. Though the changes of its Expansion where quite controversial it proofed to be a real gain in game value that included major changes. Also D3 offers several different goals for each kind of gamer. Well established farming routes allow each player to catch up and are integrated in the overall experience as a well developed and though out part of the game, for it is an ARPG. Also you can play with several friends though you are free to ramp up the multi-player difficulty on your own without the need of other players, always enjoying a challenge in areas with well though and thematic enemies with the occasional rap up thought o special bosses or just very strong/specific skills-sets of trash.

Oh what? Not D3? Dang... must have been talking about D2...
Reply Quote
POE has the trust of their player base, Activision/Blizzard do not. You tell me who has won and who hasn't.
Planet #6460 - Former Diablo III Barbarian Class MVP

"My name is - insert_battletag_here -, king of kings
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

roflmao

Every single time you post it's nothing but a confirmation of lack of butt cream.

No wonder you aren't an MVP any longer.

I don't pre-order PC games unless I get a sweet 20% off unless it's a Blizzard game because I know it will deliver. They got my confidence.
Reply Quote
PoE even with its free expansion that was said to be amazing it currently has 924 viewers on twitch. while Diablo 3 has literally 10 times that at 9636. I think Diablo has more public interest than PoE. But who knows?
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 06:15 PMPosted by Fearpoint
Planet #6460 - Former Diablo III Barbarian Class MVP

"My name is - insert_battletag_here -, king of kings
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

roflmao

Every single time you post it's nothing but a confirmation of lack of butt cream.

No wonder you aren't an MVP any longer.

I don't pre-order PC games unless I get a sweet 20% off unless it's a Blizzard game because I know it will deliver. They got my confidence.

Wait wait... I'm sorry but... Are you saying that Blizzard delivered with the launch of Diablo 3 back in 2012?

You must be braindead.
Reply Quote
also dunno why maybe its coz I am blind but POE is so dark, no not the atmosphere, its literally too dark, cant see !@#$, for instance in the lunactic temple (or was it solastic are those even the right name ?), I couldnt see all that gore at first only with my second char on cruel, that was when I first took notice of it, and I dunno what the monster were, okay zombies that is clear however later I cant even define what attacked me coz I dont care (ah also skeletons and bandits, what was the region called that lerper ?? anyways I farmed there a lot on merciless, such a pain)
Reply Quote
Diablo III is local store pizza, PoE is frozen supermarket pizza.
Reply Quote
POE had it time, its not fun any more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]