Diablo® III

Will ROS beat Path of Exile now?

You are suggesting PoE is like...good or something. GARBAGE game with horrible graphics and a seriously inflated economy infected with RMT really bad.
RoS will be fine.
Reply Quote
why even compare POE to diablo lol, POE is like a tiny shrimp, and diablo is like a giant lobster
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 06:13 PMPosted by StudFlower
If PoE had D3 graphics + feel of combat + no desync,

It was bye bye Diablo a long time ago.

that's what i was thinking. combine the two together and someone would make a killing.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Snoozey
03/23/2014 06:16 PMPosted by KaZeDaRKWIND
PoE even with its free expansion that was said to be amazing it currently has 924 viewers on twitch. while Diablo 3 has literally 10 times that at 9636. I think Diablo has more public interest than PoE. But who knows?

let's not forget the fact D3 has been advertised far more than PoE. We are also comparing a mini expansion to a full fledge expansion. D3 was at ~200-300 viewers not more than a month ago. Path of exile was ahead of it for awhile.Let's also through out the fact vanilla D3 has far more exposure due to Diablo 2 and the fact it is a Blizzard game.

Long story short D3 and path of exile are for different players. D3 is for casuals and PoE is for hardcore gamers. Guess which group has more players? If we want to go by popularity you should look at the top 10 music chart because those are the best songs in the world

PoE > D3 when it comes down to game mechanics any day. Which to me makes it a superior game. I don't care about graphics.

Not sure what twitch you were looking at. Any time I checked PoE had about 1k and DIablo 3 had 1.5 to 2k
Reply Quote
I played POE extensively

The graphics are meh
The lore is just not as good as Diablo
The build variety blows D3 away
The build complexity is compelling
The replayability is heads and feet above D3
Their Map system is superior to rifts in every single way
I hated the swap meet feel to the economy
They pump out new content and items at a far faster pace than Blizz

I got bored with D3 in about two months....I got a good 6 months out of POE....Still go back to it when I have time

Blizz could learn alot from the passion and drive of GGG. It's like that line in Ironman

"Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave. With a box of Scraps!"

A handful of guys in NZ pump out more content for a F2P game than the mighty Blizzard. True story
Edited by Raized#1178 on 3/23/2014 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 07:28 PMPosted by Raized
I played POE extensively

The graphics are meh

I got bored with D3 in about two months....I got a good 6 months out of POE....Still go back to it when I have time

Blizz could learn alot from the passion and drive of GGG. It's like that line in Ironman

A handful of guys in NZ pump out more content for a F2P game than the mighty Blizzard. True story

If both companies had equal resources, D3 would be done.
Reply Quote
Poe lost an entire stash tab I had full of my best legendaries. They had a certain league, don't remember what it was called, but after it ended you were suppose to transfer items from the remove only tabs, into your main stash. So I took all my gear out of the remove only tabs, but when the league ended the removed all the items out of one of my main stash tabs too!!

I reported it and they said their policy won't allow them to replace them....I kinda get that because people might lie to gain items I guess, but they didn't even look into like they said they would, they just said they would look into it and never replied to my ticket again......so yea, they haven't won my trust at all, I complain about this a lot everywhere I go....can't help it!!!! .....bastards =/
Edited by Antdawg#1505 on 3/23/2014 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Barbalot
03/23/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Tomnnn
I enjoy the itemization and skills a bit more in PoE, but I'm a mobile gamer. My windows machine is stationary and my laptop is a mac, so I end up putting more time in diablo than PoE. I know I can just dual boot, but I'm not always in the greatest place to use a mouse and right click + drag does not exist, windows-apple support breaks it. So if you move the mouse after you right click, it becomes left click again - that won't work for a lot of the skills.

Anywho, I like both as their own game.

Actually there is a program in the forums allowing apple users to run EXE files making poe easily installed

Are you talking about wine or cider? Most likely wine, cider is more about making full ports instead of running exe files haha.

I tried it, something went severely wrong. I'm fine with just playing PoE on my stationary machine. I hate DRM so much that I usually don't play mmo games, but I like the skill system there. Find a skill, shove it in a weapon, use it to level it up. That's something I really enjoy from bethesda games.
Reply Quote
I played PoE from closed beta onwards to release and it was OK, it came out at a perfect time when Diablo III wasn't particularly worthwhile to play and I needed a break from it. That being said it's in no way better than Diablo III right now, and with RoS out tomorrow it becomes even more irrelevant.
Reply Quote
Yes.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 07:32 PMPosted by Quickdeath
03/23/2014 07:28 PMPosted by Raized
I played POE extensively

The graphics are meh

And yet, I always get the sense from Dev interviews that the D3 crew is a skeleton team of like 7-8 guys designing, coding, and developing the game. Every interview they talk about not wanting to take up design and coding time for things like new skills and stuff. That's probably why it takes so god awful long for them to add anything.
Reply Quote
D3v: a blind kid with a basketball

RoS: a non-blind teenager with a basketball

PoE: Michael Jordan
Edited by OneL#1628 on 3/23/2014 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
D3 = Blue whale
PoE = A little tadpole

The difference in resources is HUGE between Blizzard and Grinding Gear Games.

PoE is a decent game, has a lot of interesting game mechanics. However, 2 things are really bad:-

1. The BIGGEST BY FAR and really stops me playing is the constant desync, constantly going back 2-3 secs in time drove me crazy.

2. The loot is a serious grind, playing single player you will get no where. You after trade trade trade, preferably ripping newbies off to get anywhere decent or be a streamer and have loads of followers.

I wouldn't knock PoE though its good what they have done building a game up from scratch with player donations.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 07:37 PMPosted by Raized
03/23/2014 07:32 PMPosted by Quickdeath

And yet, I always get the sense from Dev interviews that the D3 crew is a skeleton team of like 7-8 guys designing, coding, and developing the game. Every interview they talk about not wanting to take up design and coding time for things like new skills and stuff. That's probably why it takes so god awful long for them to add anything.

yes, D3 was clearly coded and animated by a small group of lazy people.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 08:23 PMPosted by Quickdeath
yes, D3 was clearly coded and animated by a small group of lazy people.

spare WoW developers imo :)
Reply Quote
What? Blizzard needs to worry about Trash games now? why do they? D3 is better in almost every way.

The only ARPG that even comes close to D3 greatness is Titan's Quest. And that used a lot of what D2 had.

Lmao POE.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 05:27 PMPosted by JOHN
Do you guys think ROS has what it takes to take on POE head on?

I tried POE but it does not appeal to me, its 2001 graphics and terribad animations in character movements ruined it for me.

There is something about D3's more cartoon like artwork that suites me better.

I have serious issues with your comparison of PoE to 2001 graphics.

Please don't insult games from 2001 this way.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 11:16 PMPosted by Otaking
03/23/2014 05:27 PMPosted by JOHN
Do you guys think ROS has what it takes to take on POE head on?

I tried POE but it does not appeal to me, its 2001 graphics and terribad animations in character movements ruined it for me.

There is something about D3's more cartoon like artwork that suites me better.

I have serious issues with your comparison of PoE to 2001 graphics.

Please don't insult games from 2001 this way.

Thanks.

Hmm, I agree. That was the year of GTA 3, the Baldur's Gate expansion, and Final Fantasy 9 and X. PoE is insulting in comparison. (Yeah for wikipedia lists)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_in_video_gaming
Reply Quote
How much more comparisons between PoE and D3 will we have man? Play both or play one of them or nothing, comparisons here don't will change nothing in your mind or in dev's mind or results that each one gets, really.
Edited by Bolander#1515 on 3/23/2014 11:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
the people bashing PoE because of graphics amuse me. Are the new Star Trek and Star Wars movies better than the originals because they have nice CGI graphics? NO

PoE's content is far superior to D3. They are on a whole different level when it comes to content, vision, competition and end-game. Not saying that PoE isn't without some faults, but the people bashing it probably don't like it because it does require a certain degree of skill. D3 does not, you are simply as good as your gear here.

D3's graphics are better, sure. And I have played both D3 and PoE extensively. PoE wins on so many levels. I do enjoy playing both and I plan to give RoS a chance. But come on. PoE won game of the year for a reason, it's a great freaking game! The fact it's free and they keep adding new content all of the time, is awesome!

also it's extremely impressive how much more GGG can do with soooo much less than blizzard. Do you see blizzard adding new content bi-monthly here? NO, that doesn't work in their budget. All you get here is reactionary nerfs to please the casuals crying that other people are doing things differently then they would like them to. Imagine if GGG had blizzards budget.

But I get it, D3 is much more appealing to a casual gamer than PoE. But all of these comments like "D3 is the king while PoE is the peasant, or the big fish and tadpole blah blah blah" that's ridiculous. That's like saying Michael Bay films are better than The Coen brothers because he gets a bigger budget.
Edited by AntonChigur#1886 on 3/23/2014 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]