Diablo® III

Pre-ordered CE at Gamestop - question.

Hello,

I pre-ordered my collectors edition of RoS at Gamestop because I enjoy having the physical copy of the game. Will I still get my pre-order goodies?

Thanks,
Air
Reply Quote
Add the game to your bnet account till march 31st and you will get the preorder bonuses. (This also works if you don't preorder, just buy it before the 31st)
Reply Quote
You will probably have code sheets in the box or it will issue them when you attach your cd key
Reply Quote
Awesome. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/20/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Air
I pre-ordered my collectors edition of RoS at Gamestop because I enjoy having the physical copy of the game. Will I still get my pre-order goodies?

You'll definitely be able to claim those pre-order items as long as you redeem your Reaper of Souls retail game key on or before March 31, 2014. So, make sure to claim your key as soon as you can, and we look forward to seeing you in Sanctuary!
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Grimiku
03/20/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Air

You'll definitely be able to claim those pre-order items as long as you redeem your Reaper of Souls retail game key on or before March 31, 2014. So, make sure to claim your key as soon as you can, and we look forward to seeing you in Sanctuary!

Grim..thought Blizz changed the date for hard-copys to APRIL 21??
Reply Quote
Nope. They messed up on the start page, but since fixed it.

Apparently that date was only intended for Europe...and it got a lot of people's hopes up here in the US
Reply Quote
View profile
03/20/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Betsumei

Apparently that date was only intended for Europe...and it got a lot of people's hopes up here in the US

Yup that really pissed me off that I chose to buy a physical copy and now I am being penalised for it.

And the CMs completely ignore it too. If I close my eyes it'll go away.

Thanks Blizzard.
Edited by Zombie#1529 on 3/20/2014 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Zombie
03/20/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Betsumei

Yup that really pissed me off that I chose to buy a physical copy and now I am being penalised for it.

Thanks Blizzard.

How on earth are you being penalized?
Reply Quote
View profile
03/20/2014 11:48 AMPosted by melete
03/20/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Zombie

Thanks Blizzard.

How on earth are you being penalized?

Because it has to physically shipped to me and won't get to me until after March 31st
Reply Quote
View profile
Because it has to physically shipped to me and won't get to me until after March 31st

The most ironic part of this is it will affect those like yourself who pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. And before someone says release date/expedited shipping, not all shipping destinations have a release date option (APO/FPO, Guam, Alaska, Hawaii and most international addresses which places like Walmart and Amazon ship to) nor are there guarantees on any of the faster shipping options (not everyone lives in the contiguous 48 states where the distribution channels allows for more flexible shipping options).

Thus from a logistics point of view, the short 6 day redemption window for retail copies being instituted by Blizzard, is asinine given that the last minute decision to do these pre-order bonuses (which have all the hallmarks now of being a way to boost those numbers given there was no initial incentive to digitally pre-order). All the decision makers want to do is to lock in as many digital pre-order sales by the time their Q1 2014 books close (which is by no coincidence, on March 31st).

It's also a means to incentivize some of these folks to digitally order a standard edition (which many will do so they can play on launch).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]