Diablo® III

Will diablo still drop the guarantee legendary after

Will diablo still drop the guaranteed legendary item after the launch of RoS?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Diablo will still drop a bonus Legendary item for level 60 players after Reaper of Souls goes live. However, there is a little more to it than that. Diablo will stop dropping a bonus Legendary item once a player reaches level 61+, but Malthael will start dropping them at that point. It will still require players to use the Reset Quest feature, too.
Reply Quote
03/21/2014 11:39 AMPosted by Grimiku
Diablo will still drop a bonus Legendary item for level 60 players after Reaper of Souls goes live. However, there is a little more to it than that. Diablo will stop dropping a bonus Legendary item once a player reaches level 61+, but Malthael will start dropping them at that point. It will still require players to use the Reset Quest feature, too.

Thanks for clearing this up.

My question:
Will our "First Kill" bonuses be reset when ROS goes Live?
[Edit clarification: Reset for ALL Bosses Acts 1-4. I know they'll be "1st Kill for all of A5".]
As has often been the case with major patches.
Edited by MageCraft#1617 on 3/21/2014 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
On this matter... When RoS launches and we start Act V, the guarantee legendary will pass on to Malthael. Will this mean that the first time we face him he'll drop a guaranteed legendary?
If not, would it work if we Reset Quests and not complete the Diablo Quest?
Reply Quote
I assume that if we killed diablo and have the option to reset our quests when RoS comes out we will not have to reset to get the guaranteed legendary fom Malthael since it would be a first time quest reward at 61+.
Reply Quote
03/21/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Zodcra
On this matter... When RoS launches and we start Act V, the guarantee legendary will pass on to Malthael. Will this mean that the first time we face him he'll drop a guaranteed legendary?

You have to assume you will get a "First time kill" Legendary off of Malthael right off the bat since technically you've never killed this Boss before.
Just be sure to wait til 70 to do so.
Reply Quote
Why not allow it on both boses? Does anyone really think that is too much reward for replaying the entire game (and putting up with the story) all the way from act 1 to act 5? its not like people would stop at diablo and say "there, I got my leg, not need to go on to act 5, I think I will start over again."
Reply Quote
03/21/2014 11:45 AMPosted by dajusta
so it will be longer to get that gauranteed leg?

what the heck

They're giving you a 100% drop chance for level 70 gear.
Note the progression:
Start a new character - 1-59 100% chance drop @ Butcher, Belial and Azmodan.
lvl 60 100% drop at Diablo.
lvl 61-70 100% drop at Malthael.

What else do you want?
Imo I think this is quite generous.
Edited by MageCraft#1617 on 3/21/2014 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This brings up a good question, if the level cap is seventy now, does that mean that everything before level seventy behaves as level 1-59 used to? That is to say, if you reset your quests, do you once again get guaranteed drops from all bosses? (at least from my recollections, it supposedly works that way now).
Reply Quote
View profile
03/21/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Zodcra

If they work it the same way they did when they switched it from SK to Diablo then you should be able to get the free legendary from Malthael without resetting your quests. I had killed SK and left my alts at that point of the questline. When they switched it I just continued on to Diablo and got the legendaries.
Reply Quote
03/21/2014 11:46 AMPosted by kweagle
its not like people would stop at diablo and say "there, I got my leg, not need to go on to act 5, I think I will start over again."

If people are doing speed runs for legs I'm sure they probably will stop at Diablo and start over, especially if Ac5 is as big as Act 2.

Although speed runs will probably be phased out once people figure out better way to get legs. Most likely in adventure mode and doing bounties or something. Only time will tell.
Edited by MedinaTV#1267 on 3/21/2014 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Look, its not like i want loot to be given freely, but doing 4 acts for a legendary...

I mean, why not have all final bosses drop a legendary when you kill them?.

You still have to do all acts before the reset so its not like you can reset act 1 and kill the butcher every time.

It would feel more rewarding.

Theres an achievement that challenges you to do each act in under 1 hour. Lets say you want to do diablo for the legendary...thats at least between 3-4 hours to get to diablo (doing all the quests again) and get a legendary...
Reply Quote
Here's a thought: Start fresh from Level 1 Normal and build it up. Saves a lot of questions. Eventually, your char will be back.
Reply Quote
but Malthael will start dropping them at that point.

03/21/2014 11:50 AMPosted by dajusta
Where did he say 100% ilvl70 at matheal?

And is that even good? So i get ilvl70 white/blue/yellow item? great

ie @ +61-70.
Reply Quote
i've been gone for a year, what is this 'reset quests' yall are talkin about?
Reply Quote

Can you provide insight as to why all act bosses do not have an elevated chance to drop specific legendaries?

Most everyone thinks this would be a great way to increase "the hook".

Do you have any data you could use to support raising this internally and getting the design team to buy in?
Reply Quote
View profile
03/21/2014 11:46 AMPosted by kweagle
Does anyone really think that is too much reward for replaying the entire game

Yes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]