Diablo® III

Legendary Property/Proc Mechanics Collection

(Sticky)

I'm confused on the element of archon when using 4pc Vyr. Without changing any of my equipment, about 1 out of 5 of mine come out as cold, the other 4 are fire. I'm playing what is mostly a fire build and have "fire skills do +x% damage" but my weapon has +cold damage. The rune I have it set on is improved archon
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 02:53 PMPosted by apo

I think you are right. You can make Audacity work with Azmodan. But even when you have him step right on your feet, you are still not close enough. You have to stand right next to the hitbox. 15 yards from the center of the 3D model sounds about right.

PS: STICKY PLZ K THX!

With Azmo is not a problem - you can teleport yourself under his belly :) Plus this tactics has other benefit - for some reason while you are under his belly, I have noticed that his fireballs does not hurt that much, and Azmo is not using his "flame fountain?" shot.

Cheers

Great to know! Thanks for the testing. Where should we post this (presumed) error in order for the devs to take notice of it?
Maybe they already have: Can someone check whether MW also doesn't work with fatties in the PTR?

+1 sticky by the way!
Reply Quote
Even though this is probably more like a "design oversight" than a bug, I would suggest the bug report forums: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/
They have people checking the reports there. And it might take a while, but eventually stuff is getting fixed.
Reply Quote
07/09/2014 08:25 AMPosted by tibot

With Azmo is not a problem - you can teleport yourself under his belly :) Plus this tactics has other benefit - for some reason while you are under his belly, I have noticed that his fireballs does not hurt that much, and Azmo is not using his "flame fountain?" shot.

Cheers

Great to know! Thanks for the testing. Where should we post this (presumed) error in order for the devs to take notice of it?
Maybe they already have: Can someone check whether MW also doesn't work with fatties in the PTR?

+1 sticky by the way!

Wow. I did not know that this is not intended :) I have been using this tactic since I started using TP. It allows also to proc Moonlight Ward explosions and keeps you away from other attacking mobs.

I will make vid later tonight and post it in Bug Forum for devs to look at it if this is intended or not.

Cheers
Reply Quote
07/09/2014 09:09 AMPosted by RoGeR
Wow. I did not know that this is not intended :) I have been using this tactic since I started using TP. It allows also to proc Moonlight Ward explosions and keeps you away from other attacking mobs.

I will make vid later tonight and post it in Bug Forum for devs to look at it if this is intended or not.

Cheers

I didn't mean to stop the teleport trick. That's fun enough to keep it, I think. :)
I wanted to report the fact, that a melee Wizard standing right in the face of an enemy is considered not close enough with those large enemies, in order for his abilities to work.
Reply Quote
Making sure to not let this thread get lost.

It could serve as a good starting point for some PTR comparisons if they start tweaking proc rates or mechanics of legendary effects as they've hinted on in the recent LoH blue post.

07/15/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Grimiku
and it also separates Life On Hit from the proc system. This last benefit is important as it means we can be more generous with allowing Legendary items to proc various effects.
Reply Quote
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17fSdXDWtW9MPcD71BuZIL3ZqOrvbZ7LWIKJ65VrUqdo/pubhtml#

Been collecting together all the legendary damage procs into a table format for anyone who's interested. Still missing a quarter or so of them, and will slowly continue to add them as I find those items, but any input is welcome.
Reply Quote
Has anyone run tests on The Tormentor's proc (rate, ICD, duration)? I can't seem to find any information on it.
Reply Quote
Bump for sticky justice.
Reply Quote
Sorry I haven't updated much, lately. I'm still taking notes and working on stuff, I'm just holding off on doing a lot of major updates until 2.1 stabilizes and is ready to go live. That and I've been busy actually, like, playing the game. Ridiculous, I know.
Edited by Kanjihack#1673 on 7/26/2014 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Added a list of affix bugs/oddities that I'm aware of in the bug report section

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13662286112?page=1#0

let me know if you think of any more
Reply Quote
It says that it is unknown if tasker and theo affects the tick rate of the fire chains of maximus demon...

Has anyone done any subsequent testing on that?
Reply Quote
07/31/2014 09:47 AMPosted by BDF
It says that it is unknown if tasker and theo affects the tick rate of the fire chains of maximus demon...

I tested it some and am pretty sure it does not, just haven't put it in the thread yet since I need to go back and check my video on it to be 100% sure. It's actually not too hard to test since the Fire Chain seems to just hit things really really fast instead of doing all the derpy things that proper DoTs do. Record yourself proccing Demon and running through stuff, then put TnT on and record the same thing.
Edited by Kanjihack#1673 on 7/31/2014 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/31/2014 09:47 AMPosted by BDF

Pretty positive T&T doesn't affect the damage or tick rate of the chain as the chain itself is not counted as a pet but just acts like a regular DoT - fire chain damage ticks 5 times per second and your attack speed is factored into the tick damage as a mod, like other DoTs. But pretty sure T&T does affect your demon attack speed.

Nubtro also has info about maximus dmg at the bottom of his barb spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Avxzyy5pHlsZdDZoVzNQeVl3XzA3bExpdk5yTVdaV1E&gid=0
Reply Quote
+1 for sticky

@Blizzard: if you don't want to put a sticky on this, you have to make item mechanics more transparent. :)
Reply Quote
so with the patch, what's better now? SoH + TF or SoH + OS OR TF + OS?
Reply Quote
Not sure if this has already been brought up, but Winter's Flurry, unlike many other legendaries like Tal Rasha, doesn't inherit the rune of whatever Frost Nova you actually have in your bar, always casting it as unruned. So when even if you have the Frozen Mist rune hotkeyed, Flurry procs will not leave behind the cold mist. Not sure if this is intended, as other legendaries seem to inherit ability runes that are actually equipped (apart from Tal Rasha, Helltrapper is an obvious example).
Reply Quote
^
Well, tal rasha doesn't inherit any rune you are using; you always get comet, lightning whatever, shower, and star pact.

That is disappointing about the WF proc. I have been gambling sources like mad trying to get a good one.

Helltrapper is great BTW! I agree that WF should behave the same way. Shadow set also copies your smoke screen rune if you are using it.

And bump for sticky justice.
Reply Quote
I know Kanji has also tested these so he knows about it but I'll post this anyways since he hasn't updated the OP.

Legendary Gems:
Toxin Gem: Poison damage refreshes but does not stack. Damage is %WD/duration max per second. Rank 25 damage buff type unknown yet. Unknown if proc rate affected.
Bleed on Crit: Bleed damage refreshes but does not stack. Damage is %WD/duration max per second. Unknown if proc rate affected.
Taeguk: Damage and Armor bonuses are additive, not multiplicative.
Bane of the Powerful: Damage buff is additive (not tested myself).
Bane of the Trapped: Damage buff is multiplicative (not confirmed myself).

Needs testing:
Smite Gem: 15% chance to smite affected by proc rate of skill used? (I suspect it is)
Simplicity's Strength: Additive or multiplicative?
Enforcer: Additive or multiplicative for pets? (Void: Additive with Elemental% & MoJ)
Zei's: Additive or multiplicative?

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 8/29/2014 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Tested the following :

1. Bane of the trapped is multiplicative with everything.
2. Bane of the powerful is additive - both the elite bonus and the 20% dmg (confirming doly)
3. Enforcer is counted in the elemental class - additive to all elemental bonuses. Works the exact same way as MoJ.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]