Diablo® III

Legendary Property/Proc Mechanics Collection

03/28/2014 10:54 AMPosted by apo
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sebors-nightmare

Does no proc on chests only, but also on flipping corpses, vandalizing weapon racks and so on. Does not work with breakable things like urns or barrels.
Doesn't seem to have a cooldown but is severely limited by how many chests you can open during combat.

Sounds just like harrington waistgaurd, both effect on 'chest' opening items.
Reply Quote
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/schaefers-hammer

The "chance" seems to be 100%, doesn't have a cooldown (but doesn't stack) and procs EE (but not Paralysis). A quite decent affix. If only it wasn't tied to a sucky two-hander...

[edit]Range is ~20 yards I'd say. There is a dimm blue area around you when it's active: http://i.imgur.com/R4lkU9P.jpg
Edited by apo#2677 on 3/28/2014 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 12:05 PMPosted by apo
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/schaefers-hammer

The "chance" seems to be 100%, doesn't have a cooldown (but doesn't stack) and procs EE (but not Paralysis). A quite decent affix. If only it wasn't tied to a sucky two-hander...

[edit]Range is ~20 yards I'd say. There is a dimm blue area around you when it's active: http://i.imgur.com/R4lkU9P.jpg

That sounds consistent with my observations of it. I think I saw tictactucrac mention something about this proccing 100% of the time when hit about a week ago, or so, so I'd say we have a pretty good bead on this one.

As far as I can tell, it seems that lightning damage procs never interact with Paralysis.

[EDIT] There must be something weird about the way Nephalem Rifts populate, because I'm noticing that Nemesis Bracers seemingly always create a yellow Fallen Champion with Dune Dervish minions, if you use them in a rift, which shouldn't be happening if the area has an actual spawn table.
Edited by Kanjihack#1673 on 3/28/2014 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Last one for now:
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/genzaniku
In case you didn't know: Fallen Champions are the big ones. Does around 120% of your weapon damage per normal attack and around 300% of your weapon damage per jump and smash attack.
Lasts 15 seconds and gets off 10-12 attacks during that time, 2-3 of those being the hard hitting ones.
It can be targeted and hit by monsters (in which case it flinches) but I don't think it can be killed.

I would say 10-20% chance with a 10 second cooldown. But that's not really fun to test.
Reply Quote
I know what a Fallen Champion is :p

I actually was just writing this one up and had hashed most of the numbers out. I was just about to confirm the damage numbers myself but those sound accurate, so thanks for that ^_^

Base proc chance did seem lower to me when I tested it, though: I was estimating it to be somewhere in the single digits based on how often the champion appeared via basic attacks.

I'm pretty sure it can be killed, as I've seen it spawn and then immediately get two or three-shotted.
Edited by Kanjihack#1673 on 3/28/2014 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Base proc chance did seem much lower to me when I tested it, though: I was estimating it to be somewhere in the single digits based on how often the champion appeared via basic attacks.
At first I thought no cooldown and ~5% proc. But then I tried some more and now I think a 10s cooldown (starting after it disapears that is) plus higher proc rate fits better. I'm not really sure though.

I'm pretty sure it can be killed, as I've seen it spawn and then immediately get two or three-shotted.
Entirely possible. I tried with A1 zombies and only got "absorbed" pop-ups instead of damage, so I thought it didn't have an actual health pool.
Edited by apo#2677 on 3/28/2014 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
At first I thought no cooldown and ~5% proc. But then I tried some more and now I think a 10s cooldown plus higher proc rate fits better. I'm not really sure though.

Yes, that does make sense. The internal cooldown was probably just messing with my esitmates, as it does seem to appear quite quickly at the beginning of engagements.

Tried it out a little more just now and it definitely can be killed, I think the game just considers its entire health pool an absorb shield for some weird reason.
Reply Quote
Still need more specific details on Shard of Hate, most of what I've seen so far was missing critical details or was vague/anecdotal without substantive data. Can the poison be triggered with item procs like Andariel's? Internal cooldown? Do the three spells have coefficients? Are they unique effects, or do they borrow resources from already-existing ones - e.g. charged bolts seem to be based on Shock Pulse, do the cold ball and poison effect do something similar with other spells?

Added:

Halcyon's Ascent
Scourge
Schaefer's Hammer

Updated/Completed:

Strongarm Bracers
Genzaniku
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band

@orb - Just saw this post, thank you, the Wedding Band entry has been updated. I'd been getting conflicting reports on this item's numbers, it hadn't occurred to me that its mechanics were a combination of the two things I'd been seeing.
Reply Quote
Sorry, been busy playing. Regarding the Shard of Hate questions...

It procs at your attack speed, like hot fixed familiar is what i mean. The ice attack is a small frozen skull that seems to pierce. Also worth noting is it's very easy to make all three of the lightning charged bolts hit a melee range enemy, unlike shock pulse. If they have a proc coefficient, I haven't tested it, but it hasn't been noticeable when using 4k LoH from paragon.

The attack speed ICD on procs is shared between elements. Tested by channeling Electrocute - Arc Lightning and clicking Frost Armor (secondary animation, normally procs the orb if I'm not casting).
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 02:00 PMPosted by NullRadix
The attack speed ICD on procs is shared between elements. Tested by channeling Electrocute - Arc Lightning and clicking Frost Armor (secondary animation, normally procs the orb if I'm not casting).

So, just to make sure I understand you: as long as you use a spell that fits one of the elements it will proc every time, you can only trigger one proc per attack cycle, and you cannot simultaneously fire multiple procs at once, i.e. no firing Charged Bolts + Skull, or Skull + Poison, any other combination of two, or all three at once. Is this correct?
Edited by Kanjihack#1673 on 4/1/2014 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 06:00 PMPosted by Kanjihack
So, just to make sure I understand you: as long as you use a spell that fits one of the elements it will proc every time, you can only trigger one proc per attack cycle, and you cannot simultaneously fire multiple procs at once, i.e. no firing Charged Bolts + Skull, or Skull + Poison, any other combination of two, or all three at once. Is this correct?

That's my experience, yes.

I just tested to make sure, but I got 0 healing off either the frost skull or the charged bolts, so I assume proc coef of 0.
Reply Quote
pauldrons of the skeleton king
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/pauldrons-of-the-skeleton-king-2AGH0r
It feels like the chance to proc this is ridiculously low, like somewhere around 5%. I've had it happen only once since I got the shoulders 3 days ago, and I've died many many times (lost count).
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 09:50 PMPosted by atinybug
pauldrons of the skeleton king
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/pauldrons-of-the-skeleton-king-2AGH0r
It feels like the chance to proc this is ridiculously low, like somewhere around 5%. I've had it happen only once since I got the shoulders 3 days ago, and I've died many many times (lost count).

Alright, thanks! I'm heading out of town this week and am going to try and use the non-D3-playing time to do a big pass over everything, so I'll probably add it at some point then if I forget to do it tonight.

Cleaned up the unifinished/finished section on page 2 and made it less of a pain to look at. Going to try and add search codes and item links for this section, as well. Also going to try and go back over the page 1 entry and get it looking better/make it easier to navigate.

I am going to start some work on non-Wizard gear, as well, since why the hell not. Most of us have alts, right? @Druin, if you're still following this thread at all, any input you and the rest of the Monk forums have would be appreciated <3

[EDIT] Forgot to mention that I updated and added some entries, but I forgot to make note of which ones since I did it all in a bleary-eyed haze after around 25 consecutive rifts, last night xD
Edited by Kanjihack#1673 on 4/1/2014 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Update:

First page:
Added Asheara's Vestments

2nd page:
Added Legacy of Nightmares, Bastions of Will, Thorns of the Invoker, Demon's Animus, Illusory Boots, Sanguinary Vambraces

Clarified wording in some entries (Shard of Hate, most notably), updated the 2nd page list of complete/incomplete entries, and merged testing guidelines into the entry on 2nd page since people who are actually interested in testing will go there anyway.

[EDIT] What's a guy gotta do around here to get a thread stickied? Not being cheeky, legitimately want to know what changes I need to make to make that happen.
Edited by Kanjihack#1673 on 4/3/2014 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll have to test this again but I think the entry for the Bul-Kathos ring is wrong.

It's 0.4% of currently life per tick, 2 ticks a second (so 0.8% per second). It also does another 0.4% of current life when they hit you. Healing is limited to 2% of your max life per second (1% per tick) as long as something is within range and does not go up or down ever. Range is fairly healthy, I'd estimate it's 10-15 yards.

That's what I obseved when I tested it the other week. If I have time, I'll try it again later to day just to be sure.

Shard of Hate:

The cold skull seems to be limited to 1 shot per second when using a cold skill with my witch doctor @1.4 aps - that or you can't have more than one on screen at any time (so if your second cast happens before the first skull is gone, you get nothing). The poison nova goes off every poison skill cast - This may be due to the effect having a much shorter lifespan than the cold skull.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
@Kanji

Just wanted to add to the Razor Strop effect, it looks like the globes have a chance to explode on the rest of the players in the party as well. I'm not really sure how to test the frequency because I haven't found anyone to help me yet. It seems that in order for it to work the other players have to be within a certain range, but it still doesn't happen 100% of the time. Also not sure if their explosions do any damage as well, or if it's just a cosmetic thing or a bug (you can never tell with this game.) If someone could help me with this that would be awesome. If the party gets the explosion bonus that's a lot of extra party deeps for free.
Edited by Bukizzle#1560 on 4/4/2014 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sever - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/severKilling blows are displayed as massive critical strikes. Slain enemies can't be raised from the dead. The huge damage number is purely cosmetic; it doesn't actually increase your damage output and doesn't work with Area Damage or other splash damage effects.

needs further testing, whether it still functions like previously.
AFAIK the damage is not purely cosmetic.
Before 2.0 patch there was one skill that interacted with Severs final blow.
Demon Hunter skill Marked for Death: Grim Reaper states
15% of damage dealt to the marked enemy is also divided evenly among all enemies within 20 yards.

IF you (or any from your party) did the final Sever blow to GR Marked enemy, then this huge crit got actually accounted and 15% of the damage transferred as an AOE damage to all enemies. You could basically wipe out entire elite pack with it.
It's similar mechanic to Monks Exploding Palm, although Exp Palm is tied to monsters health, Sever has it's own peculiarities.

Back in the days of 1.0.8 and older there was actually very viable Demon Hunter Sword and Board build with Sever (and high MP scalable too, because of decent damage and great mitigation with the shield). There were skills that didn't require bows (grenades, spike traps, chakrams etc) that you could use in conjunction with Grim Reaper / Sever and you were trying to kill the marked ones for "splash" damage. I ran this build myself for some time (until i swithed to sns wizard...). Chasing and marking was pain (had to select lowest health or weaker enemy, mark it and kill it), but it worked allright.
here's the build video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMyQrRfC42Q

i highly doubt that it's changed, so it might work like previously.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 07:55 AMPosted by dolynick
I'll have to test this again but I think the entry for the Bul-Kathos ring is wrong.

It's 0.4% of currently life per tick, 2 ticks a second (so 0.8% per second). It also does another 0.4% of current life when they hit you. Healing is limited to 2% of your max life per second (1% per tick) as long as something is within range and does not go up or down ever. Range is fairly healthy, I'd estimate it's 10-15 yards.

That's what I obseved when I tested it the other week. If I have time, I'll try it again later to day just to be sure.

Shard of Hate:

The cold skull seems to be limited to 1 shot per second when using a cold skill with my witch doctor @1.4 aps - that or you can't have more than one on screen at any time (so if your second cast happens before the first skull is gone, you get nothing). The poison nova goes off every poison skill cast - This may be due to the effect having a much shorter lifespan than the cold skull.

-dolynick

That makes sense about BK, MrDeAtH probably forgot that healing ticks are every .5 seconds when he tested it. That's a surprise about it also draining life when hit. Every other report I've seen suggests its much smaller than 10 yards, but I suspect you understand ranges better than most. BK entry needed updated anyway, just noticed that it was written out a bit on the vague side.

I suppose that makes sense about the cold skull. Have you observed this behavior with the charged bolts, as well? If so I think we can safely say that an individual player can't have more than one Shard proc on screen, at a time. How does the poison nova work, by the way? Is it like Andy's?

@Bukizzle - That's really interesting. Maybe try to test this against Ghom, since he drops a decent amount of health globes in a controlled environment?

@highq - ah, I forgot Demon Hunters could do that with Marked for Death. I know it isn't actually cosmetic, in the sense that the damage is the real amount that the slain monster is taking (since it used to work with LS), I just figured it'd be easier to describe it that way since the ways of taking advantage of that seemed to be gone. Forgot about Demon Hunters though xD

Let me know if you're able to test whether this still works
Edited by Kanjihack#1673 on 4/4/2014 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Kanjihack
[EDIT] What's a guy gotta do around here to get a thread stickied? Not being cheeky, legitimately want to know what changes I need to make to make that happen.

It's like that legendary item drop. You can't really do much, except put in more time until one day it happens.

Maybe our MVPs have connections. But I think stickying is done by the moderators who are generally invisible, unlike community managers or devs.

Back to business. Not sure what the final decision on non-wizard items is, but here's one very specific Crusader mechanic:
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/darklight
Fist of the Heavens - Retribution is a targeted projectile attack instead of a "drop from above" attack (think Magic Missile vs. Meteor). The way this works is that there is a second FoH projectile fired shortly after the first, in the same direction. Proc rate seemed a bit low, there might be an internal cooldown.
Kind of cool, except why is this a 1-hand weapon? I almost cried when this was my Malthael drop. The one character that would want a 2-hander...

[edit]Regarding Sever: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-misc-forums/theorycrafting-and-analysis/73355-diablo3-dps-ehp-calculator-comparison-tool?comment=33
In case you are interested, this is how the crits are calculated. Researched by Nubtro.
Edited by apo#2677 on 4/4/2014 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@apo - that's about what I figured. Just gotta keep them updates coming, I guess.

I figure we all have alts and nobody else seems to be doing anything like this, so may as well start working on non-Wizard stuff. Right now I'm working off my phone so doing more than minor updates is a bit of a pain, but I'll try to compile all the off-class stuff I know into the reserved post on the first page.

Definitely interested about Sever.
Edited by Kanjihack#1673 on 4/4/2014 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]