Diablo® III

RoS broken set item bonuses and stats

I noticed the set bonuses and stats across a couple of lvl70 RoS items appear rather broken to me.

These item's stats and set bonuses are targeted at specific classes, but allow stats granting increased skill damage for other classes. Is this meant to be?

Getting a specific leg is hard enough without being forced to waste gold on the Mystic for a 1 in 25 or 33 chance for a specific skill stat (assuming the other 4 random stats are perfect too, otherwise too bad).

For example.

Vyr’s Swaggering Stance:
  • Mandatory Intelligence Stat
  • (2) Set Bonus: "+500 Intelligence"
  • (4) Set Bonus: "Archon gains the effect of every rune."

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/vyrs-swaggering-stance

This item sounds great until the fact that a single mandatory stat includes 33 possible item properties of class abilities including those other than of the Wizard. According to the page, even a Barbarian's Whirlwind damage increase can make it as a stat. This really should be kept to only Wizard abilities.

Jade Harvesters Courage:
  • Mandatory Intelligence Stat
  • (2) Set Bonus: "+500 Intelligence"
  • Increases Mana Regeneration by 20.00 per Second (Witch Doctor Only)
  • Soul Harvest consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing their remaining damage.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jade-harvesters-courage

Same thing again. This is clearly a Witch Doctor's set, yet allows stats of classes which simply should never belong on these items.
Edited by Abrasive#6166 on 3/21/2014 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you reroll it on a Wizard, I believe you get Wizard only abilities.
The sky is not falling.

But clearly, you love commenting on features and items that are a) not found, and b) not yet implemented.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/21/2014 01:33 AMPosted by CyberGoat
The sky is not falling.

But clearly, you love commenting on features and items that are a) not found, and b) not yet implemented.

these were already found, implemented, and tested in the beta

and in case you haven't played a blizzard game from beta to launch before, the only thing that ever changes from the last day of beta to launch date is some bug fixes...we won't get a major patch until at least a month post launch
Edited by ElevenEleven#1177 on 3/21/2014 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
not yet implemented.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-triumph
Reply Quote
That's fair. Although, I did assume at this point in time (what, a few days left until release?) that the official D3 items page would contain the correct information. It does make things a little confusing however.
Reply Quote
03/21/2014 01:35 AMPosted by ElevenEleven
The sky is not falling.

these were already found, implemented, and tested in the beta

and in case you haven't played a blizzard game from beta to launch before, the only thing that ever changes from the last day of beta to launch date is some bug fixes...we won't get a major patch until at least a month post launch

So is this by design then? Or is it still a "bug"?
Reply Quote
View profile
03/21/2014 01:36 AMPosted by Abrasive
That's fair. Although, I did assume at this point in time (what, a few days left until release?) that the official D3 items page would contain the correct information. It does make things a little confusing however.

the d3 items page wasn't even accurate for vanilla items for like several months post-launch...it's not reliable..there are better fan databases
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It won't roll those, as smart loot won't allow it.
Reply Quote
03/21/2014 01:36 AMPosted by Nexus83
not yet implemented.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-triumph
I'll just quote what another poster already said, since you insist on making a point from ignorance:
03/21/2014 01:40 AMPosted by ElevenEleven
the d3 items page wasn't even accurate for vanilla items for like several months post-launch...it's not reliable..there are better fan databases

03/21/2014 01:35 AMPosted by ElevenEleven
these were already found, implemented, and tested in the betaand in case you haven't played a blizzard game from beta to launch before, the only thing that ever changes from the last day of beta to launch date is some bug fixes...we won't get a major patch until at least a month post launch
Many things don't require a major patch. As evidenced by the Skeleton King change (which was also found, implemented, and tested on beta), a hotfix can be made to adjust lots of in-game settings.

If items crafted for intentionally Wizards and crafted by Wizards starts rolling Barbarian affixes, people will be posting on the forums and you can bet a hotfix will be implemented to correct it. Nothing worse that getting a Tal Rasha's set that rolls Barbarian skill affixes - that will not be accepted by the community of players.

Again, the sky is not falling.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/21/2014 01:43 AMPosted by Turdsurfer
It won't roll those, as smart loot won't allow it.

blizzard has already stated that smart loot doesn't apply to ALL of your drops, but most of them
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]